It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Katie Hill admits to 'inappropriate' relationship with campaign staffer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
This creeper is my district, I went to bed and our Steve Knight was winning handily in the largely red Antelope Valley and woke up to her winning because, get this, Provisional Ballots. That's another whole hokey scam the Democreepers pulled here in California to get Dems in strong GOP areas. Northern LA county/Antelope Valley is very strongly red not blue. I had no clue when I saw this it was Katie, but I've been lmfao ever since I figured it out. We're all working hard here to get that slime ball out and Steve back in, he was who we voted for before the Dems made up more rules to negate what the people actually want. As if stupid ass jungle elections weren't bad enough.

Funny, I just wrote about this another thread. Knight was beating all 4 Dems put together in primary, how does he lose by almost 10% in general election !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

edit on 25-10-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel
I honestly don't get exactly what they did, except that they took a lot of long time republican voters registrations and made them invalid so they had to vote on a "provisional ballot". They did it to my sister even.

Then after Knight was winning they suddenly decide all these 100s of thousands of votes cast on provisional ballots didn't count and threw them out and voila Skeevy bitch wins.

It was a joke and seriously pissed me and the large majority of our district off heh. We're the largest part of LA county, land wise even if not population wise, and we've always been the lone red spot in the sea of LA blue.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

So politicians aren't allowed to have a sex life? Can you think of anyone a politician could have a sexual relationship with who wouldn't be construed as being "inappropriate"? Basically we treat these people like clergy when they're just people. Most people get into relationships with people they work with. Which totally makes sense. And if you're an authority figure, everyone is a subordinate.

They are allowed to have a sex life.

They are not allowed to fraternize.

Have you worked in a western society in the past 20 years? I have to believe you have not as if you had you'd know what fraternization means and how it can f*ck up an operation.

In that case, we might want to do something about married men and women going into politics. Isn't the First Lady technically a coworker?

Link

The role of First Lady is largely ceremonial.

In fact, when First Ladies insert themselves into the presidents' role as President, they tend to get in trouble. See Hillary and Nancy in the article above.

Mostly they host dinners and events. They also may pick a cause like healthy diet or bullying or literacy to support (just like any other private citizen can) and lend some publicity to it. The president usually stays out of it and the cause gets a ton of free publicity.

Not sure why you have this fixation on comparing everything to the right or Trump. Can't we call a spade a spade and say fraternization is bad whoever does it?

You also seem to be fixated on the sex part. That's not the only way a superior can get in trouble in their treatment of or relationship with a subordinate.

I wouldn't want to owe gambling debts to a subordinate. Or have them mow my lawn on the weekend. Or buy my lunch...

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: 35Foxtrot
Well, the staffer is afraid Hill might call it off, seems to be what she says in the message..sounds like consent to me.

I have seen how you treat Kenny and I think that if I cause any issues, even if I am very worried about how you are acting, that very quickly you will decide you don’t want me in your life.”

Anyway, yes, these flings are a bad idea for many reasons.

Maybe. But it doesn't matter. Wrong is wrong and their are rules and laws in place against this type of thing for VERY good reasons.

If I'm honest, I care much more about the person in authority being compromised in some way.

Maybe that's because I've usually been that person. Or maybe because the two times it has come up in my life the opposite way (a superior officer being inappropriate with me), I laughed it off and told them I wasn't interested. But, I do see how not everyone is built that way so we do need to protect the subordinate just as much as the integrity of the superior.

I also see how if I was less of a good guy, I could've really used those officers to my (or others') benefit.

Anyway, don't think we're even disagreeing on the big picture here, so have a good weekend!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, must be time for the pee pee tape to come out!

Seriously, the party that elected a man who brags about grabbing women by the kitty cats because "when your rich, they just let you do it" probably should keep their nose out of people's kinky sex lives... especially when it involves a messy divorce.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Do you think all the talk about Trump's sex life with Stormy was ridiculous and Democrats should have kept their nose out of it?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Actually.. ya.. just like bill and Monica but I draw my line just short of bragging about sexually assaulting women, raping young girls, or giving midnight tours to teenaged male sex toys!!
If you dont see those as being birds of a different color, I just dont know what to tell ya.

And if you choose to dismiss those kinds of things, dont act so outraged when it comes to peoples consensual relationships..

edit on 25-10-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Who is raping young girls and where is the proof? I am glad you agree the Stormy stuff is stupid and the people outraged over Stormy and giving this a pass are complete hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So politicians aren't allowed to have a sex life? Can you think of anyone a politician could have a sexual relationship with who wouldn't be construed as being "inappropriate"? Basically we treat these people like clergy when they're just people. Most people get into relationships with people they work with. Which totally makes sense. And if you're an authority figure, everyone is a subordinate.

Have you worked in a western society in the past 20 years? I have to believe you have not as if you had you'd know what fraternization means and how it can f*ck up an operation.

In that case, we might want to do something about married men and women going into politics. Isn't the First Lady technically a coworker?

Link

In fact, when First Ladies insert themselves into the presidents' role as President, they tend to get in trouble. See Hillary and Nancy in the article above.

Mostly they host dinners and events. They also may pick a cause like healthy diet or bullying or literacy to support (just like any other private citizen can) and lend some publicity to it. The president usually stays out of it and the cause gets a ton of free publicity.

Not sure why you have this fixation on comparing everything to the right or Trump. Can't we call a spade a spade and say fraternization is bad whoever does it?

You also seem to be fixated on the sex part. That's not the only way a superior can get in trouble in their treatment of or relationship with a subordinate.

I wouldn't want to owe gambling debts to a subordinate. Or have them mow my lawn on the weekend. Or buy my lunch...

I don't have any particular fixation on Trump (I don't like politicians in general) but it just annoys me when people act like sex is wrong. Sex and screwing around and promiscuity is 100% normal human behavior. It always has been and it always will be. Might as well accept that and move on to something that actually matters. Like when politicians pass laws that allow the government to spy on you and start wars we don't have to fight and ship your jobs out of the country and then complain about unemployment and people trying to get government assistance because they can't get a job.

This sex scandal nonsense is just a distraction from stuff that actually matters.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You surprised me, I thought you'd be asking about the teenage male sex toys tour of the white house.. if you look up the boys town scandal from years ago you will find both the raping of young girls and the White House tour.. as well as murder and a cover up that went straight up to the high levels of the federal govt.
But trump has been accused of raping a minor also.

Even here, the women is saying that it was her abusive husband who let the picture out onto the web and people are poo pooing the idea that he was abusive. As if there has never been an abusive husband .

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It's because she only started claiming that after the pictures leaked.

Now had she been claiming it for a while and THEN the pics leaked it would be different.

There is also the fact that the staffer was scared of her....

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Or, there wasn't any reason to bring out a personal family matter to the public spotlight till the abusive husband released the picture.
And how do you know she never discussed it to anyway? Have you seen the court papers related to her divorce? If it mentions the abuse in it, then she obviously discussed it in detail with someone.
And, if you are referring to the congressional staffer, shes denying that. Shes only admitting to the one that was on her campaign staff.
But like I said, yous pooed pooed trump admitting to sexual assault and claimed the many women who came forward to say it happened to them.
A consensual relationship between adults. regardless of their ranks just doesnt rank as high in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You wanna bet that Hill is a pussy grabber like y'all all say Trump is? If it's immoral for him (even without proof), is it immoral for a democrat?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There is proof that he was grabby the kitty cats, which would be assault. That is a fact, a video proves it, he didnt claim the video was fake..
Now where is the proof that hillary is? Where is the video of her bragging about it? Where is the countless women claiming it happened to them?
Which seems to have more proof to you?
And, regardless of political party.... it's illegal behavior!!

Sorry, that first line should be saying there's proof that he was bragging about grabbing the kitties.. a video of it!
edit on 25-10-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Link

I don't have any particular fixation on Trump (I don't like politicians in general) but it just annoys me when people act like sex is wrong. Sex and screwing around and promiscuity is 100% normal human behavior. It always has been and it always will be. Might as well accept that and move on to something that actually matters. Like when politicians pass laws that allow the government to spy on you and start wars we don't have to fight and ship your jobs out of the country and then complain about unemployment and people trying to get government assistance because they can't get a job.

This sex scandal nonsense is just a distraction from stuff that actually matters.

Here's where the disconnect seems to be for you.

It's not sex. Or promiscuity. Or fetishes. Or kink. Or whatever you're into.

It's the inequality of the position between a figure of authority and a subordinate. In ANY matter. That's the problem here.

I do not know how else or how many more times I can explain that.

Lastly, punishing fraternization doesn't mean we can't also fight gov't invasion of privacy, political malfeasance or anything else you want to fight... It's not a zero sum game.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Or, there wasn't any reason to bring out a personal family matter to the public spotlight till the abusive husband released the picture.
And how do you know she never discussed it to anyway? Have you seen the court papers related to her divorce? If it mentions the abuse in it, then she obviously discussed it in detail with someone.
And, if you are referring to the congressional staffer, shes denying that. Shes only admitting to the one that was on her campaign staff.
But like I said, yous pooed pooed trump admitting to sexual assault and claimed the many women who came forward to say it happened to them.
A consensual relationship between adults. regardless of their ranks just doesnt rank as high in my opinion.

I find it hilarious you are making excuses for her even though she stated herself that the relationship was inappropriate.....its right there on the very first page of this thread.

Does it even matter how it got out? Nope.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Rep. Katie Hill admits to 'inappropriate' relationship with campaign staffer

Now that's a role model for 'Murica's youth.

Never vote for someone who can't make a comittment.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes, she did.. so let's make a big deal out of it!
What dont you understand about this not reaching the ranks of bragging about ( and possibly committing) sexual assault!
As far as I am concerned, after overlooking that, maybe we should just keep our noses out of peoples consensual relationships..

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I agree when it comes to the sexual choices, but what shouldn't be out for debate is abuse of power. Also was the "bong" photo before or after she was elected? Either way I'm sure many people are feeling pretty comfortable right now knowing the one of the elected officials overseeing the "un-Bias" impeachment is/was getting high and making great decisions like posting nudes with her device of choice. Can't over-look that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join