It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Katie Hill admits to 'inappropriate' relationship with campaign staffer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wow...that story totally changed and blew up quick!

The response from her is hilarious. She tries to blame her behavior on past abuses....nice.

"I know that even a consensual relationship with a subordinate is inappropriate, but I still allowed it to happen despite my better judgment," Hill wrote. "For that I apologize.

I wish nothing but the best for her and hope everyone respects her privacy in this difficult time."

She continued, "I am going through a divorce from an abusive husband who seems determined to try to humiliate me. I am disgusted that my opponents would seek to exploit such a private matter for political gain. This coordinated effort to try to destroy me and the people close to me is despicable and will not succeed. 

I, like many women who have faced attacks like this before, am stronger than those who want me to be afraid."

Hill repeated her denial that she had an affair with a congressional staffer but stated that she was "fully and proactively cooperating with the Ethics Committee."

That is some twisted logic....

Source

I am kind of thinking "sacrificial lamb" of sorts?

It was this pic that set it off...

edit on 10/23/19 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yeah, OK. She's trying to slough off responsibility AND she apparently violated some sort of House ethics rule. Now she's grandstanding like all get out. I get all that. But who the hell cares who she sleeps with? BFD. Really.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Yeah, OK. She's trying to slough off responsibility AND she apparently violated some sort of House ethics rule. Now she's grandstanding like all get out. I get all that. But who the hell cares who she sleeps with? BFD. Really.

Ethics violation....it was a staffer.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Putting thot into politics.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What I want to know is WTF took the picture?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Her husband....if you read the story, they are calling it a "throuple".

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The other naked women?

Just a guess but then again

Why is Hill naked and the staffer not?

Is this a "Huma Hillary" kinda thing?

Dems are odd, not weird, just odd.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Sounds like the husband was involved in the relationship, so I would guess took the pic.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Ethics violation....it was a staffer.

I covered that.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Better to just own up to it and move on.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Does her assistant assist with her zit popping?
'Cause she needs to tone it down a notch.
She left big red marks.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
She can have a relationship with anyone she wants as far as I am concerned. But to turn this around to shift fault like the me too movement is not appropriate. She should have just said she liked the person and she had been going through a divorce. But to twist it to blame others was not right. No wonder her husband divorced her, now I do not believe any allogations she has against anyone since she probably is making them up to make herself appear a victim..

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

You can see from the photo that it's a "hair fetish" thing. Look at the expression on Rep. Hill's face. It's just like you see when Joe Biden sniffs hair and gropes females. An internal ecstasy of sorts.

I came to this conclusion while doing a little research, after the story broke yesterday.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So the DNC controlled Ethic Committee is going to investigate one of their own? Well I think we can all agree that this will be the straw that impeaches Trump once and for all.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This isn't about the bisexual incident with the other woman which went viral due to the pic in the OP. It's a separate issue involving a male staff member.

I dunno. Who cares what people do on their own time. But Congress has been proven to be useless, most noteably the last few years. If these nonsense high-school sexual shenanigans are more important than the job the American public has elected them to do, then perhaps it's time to find another job.
edit on 23-10-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I care. It's no different than a Commanding Officer sleeping with a private in the unit. She is their supervisor, makes a lot more money and has more power so they do what she says. There are other aides. She will show favoritism towards the ones she slept with. Who do you think will get promoted on her staff first. Who will be cut more slack when they screw up. Who will get more work shoved on them when they go on an afternoon romp.

That's why they made it illegal. Staffers complained about it in the past. Should have been a rule a long long time ago just like the military.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: thedigirati

You can see from the photo that it's a "hair fetish" thing. Look at the expression on Rep. Hill's face. It's just like you see when Joe Biden sniffs hair and gropes females. An internal ecstasy of sorts.

I came to this conclusion while doing a little research, after the story broke yesterday.

You did research on the "hair fetish" thing?

How does one go about doing that kind of research?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Watch out for her very own chapter in Gutsy Women 2: Pioneer Sluts.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Democrats have been caring since Trump got elected. I never cared, but any Democrat who cared about Trump and now doesn't is a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You seriously don't see the issue with someone with power over another having sexual relations with that subordinate?

You seem like a smart person.

Not only is it wrong as the subordinate could be "forced" into it but it also opens the superior up to all kinds of compromise.

Do you really think that's OK?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join