It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be immediate violence if Trump is taken from office?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If Trump is removed from office I think it will cause a division in our Nation that cannot be undone.
If Trump is half the man that people claim he is, he will not go quietly.
That leaves the obvious question. Now what?

Our Government will collapse and Russia will have accomplished it's goal?

This is the most heated political atmosphere involving our leadership that I have witnessed in my life.
I just over heard a man today say that there was going to be a civil war. I have heard cops say that
there is going to be a civil war.

It is becoming a more frequently used statement. Some people on here claim
that it's just tough guy talk. Maybe it is, but what if it's not?

In a true SHTF scenario options are weighed and decisions made.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

Why is Trump such a disruption that the House Democrats can't carry out their function? Trump wants an infrastructure bill. Lots of fat spending in one of those. Democrats have been after and after one of those for years. But because it's ORANGE MAN BAD, they now can't seem to figure out how to write one or something?

Orange Man Bad - - what did Trump do now?

There are Republicans - - and then there is the illiterate, joke of a Carnival Barker.

Intelligence and cognitive thinking are not too much to ask - - no matter what party.

link   
I think a lot of people understand that not a single President is perfect, and all have some secrets.
That being said, the level of persecution, lies, and negative media coverage this President has endured so far is unprecedented.
I don’t know of a single President that could have withstood this barrage and come out clean.

I believe if he is removed at this point, prior to elections, there could be some problems.

link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

insert "toucha toucha touch me" here

from Rocky Horror

alas I cannot embed vids on my XBOX.

"drat,(tin)foiled again"

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I'm honestly beginning to think some people want him to be removed, just so they can unleash this fantasy of killing and violence.

It's getting kind of weird.

Those are the very same one-offs that were mentioned by another member. Some mass uprising? Seems pretty unlikely. Ones and twos here and there? Very probably, yes.

Everybody wants to be a gangster till it’s time to do gangster #. Then the crowd thins out real quick.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If trump is removed by impeachment, which will require his own party's cooperation, nothing will happen.
Maybe a few protests or mini riots in a city or two but that's about all.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to die for Donald Trump? Maybe this is just an advanced form of natural selection.

The lowest common denominator wants to weed themselves out.

Amen. I only hope the left listens to folks like you before they push too far. Them mountain men know how to fight. and they would whip them pasty face cafe latte drinkers quick and in a hurry. they might even spit some tobbacer at them. ye haw!

best dig a hole son, they will be looking for the likes of you.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
More fear mongering.

Can we just get rid of Trump - - and back to running the country?

Enough with "What did Trump do today".

I see, you approve of Huinsane Obama's catastrophic failures such as:
A.War on whistleblowers - Thomas Drake, Shamai Leibowitz, Chelsea Manning, James Histilberger, Edward Snowden. So much for government transparency as he campaigned on. These people did not hurt us, but showed the public how our government is involved in illicit activity and something must be changed.
B. Pushed TPP + other trade deals - These would lead to great amounts of outsourcing, and in the process we are rewarding countries like Malaysia that tolerate slavery. TPP offered corporations a scary amount of power. How about the trade deal between South Korea, Columbia, and Panama? This was literally nothing except corporate tax dodging for his [Obama’s] donors.
C. Expansion of NSA spying - Welp, I guess the fourth amendment isn't a thing anymore. Screw privacy, the government will just store your metadata, even though it doesn't even help counter terrorism!
C1. Infrastructure Grade “D” - Obama could have pushed much, much, much harder to improve this. But no, he stood down to the republicans and decided our tax money should go to replacing fully functional military equipment, and interventions in the middle east.
C2. So now, we have people in Flint, MI who have lead in their water, and many people across the country who can light their water on fire. Great priorities.
D. Guantanamo is still open - What can be opened extra judicially, can be closed extra judicially.
E. Wall Street Bailout - This was a corrupt move through and through. Companies on Wall Street, such as Goldman Sachs, were the ones responsible for the recession by fraudulently selling poor packages and betting on them to fail.
F. Obama had a super majority, and still bowed to the republicans -
G. Obama was unable to push for universal healthcare and caved in to the right wing personal mandate supported by people like Bob Doll, Newt Gingrich, and Richard Nixon. H. Obama failed to raise the minimum wage. Looks like people will continue to indirectly subsidize corporations with tax dollars in the social safety net. Whenever he faced opposition, he ran away with his tail between his legs.
I. Weed was not legalized,or rescheduled - lame. Not even an attempt to make it schedule 2.
J. Obama has continued to fund Saudi Arabia - this is unacceptable. We arm the Saudi government who then goes and funds terrorists, and bombs civilians in Yemen. Some examples include the bombing of mosques, hospitals, and schools. On top of this, people are publicly beheaded for witchcraft/sorcery, apostasy, being gay, and drug smuggling. Women will be killed by the government if they leave the house without a male guardian. And we fund them. Not sanction, fund. Unacceptable.
K. There was absolutely no effort made to get money out of politics - this is the cancer in United States politics. Money in politics is the reason congress has a 9% approval rating, maybe up to 20% on a good day. Until money is removed from politics, our politicians will continue to serve their donors instead of the American people. A Princeton study concluded that the US functions as an oligarchy more than a republic because of the money in politics. Out of all the things on this list, this is the most egregious in my opinion.
L. Obama gave Israel $38 billion to oppress Palestinians - Pathetic. Obama has supported Israel while they commit war crimes which is unacceptable. After Netanyahu had his bomb fest in Gaza, in which citizens who bombed in places such as open air markets, we continued arming him. Fun fact: once people returned to the wreckage, journalists reported the logo “Made in the USA” was found on the scrap metal from the bomb — and when people hear their uncle was killed at a market by a US bomb, terror groups like ISIS gain members.
M. The countless drone strikes - While the government claims to have barely killed any civilians, independent journalists found that the strikes killed thousands of innocent civilians. A 16 year old American citizen was killed by a drone during Obama’s presidency.. and the kid had nothing to do with terrorism. The government supposedly was trying to kill his father, as they were concerned about radicalization, and it has recently come out that the father is still alive and fine. We killed an innocent kid, and Obama claims he's “scandal free”.

So there, an alphabet stew of poison, corruption, astronomical unemployment, lower than a snakes belly in a wagon track economy and unprecedented racial division.
edit on V102019Wednesdaypm31America/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2019 15:10:07 -05001 by Violater1 because: .gdr6e5[pk

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Personalty I could see not a civil war but a storming of DC by concerned citizen of all strips. The largest march on Washington which could spark violence between both sides.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to die for Donald Trump? Maybe this is just an advanced form of natural selection.

The lowest common denominator wants to weed themselves out.

It isn't about Trump. About 37 years ago I took an oath to "defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign or domestic". At that time I wondered what a "domestic enemy" was. I don't wonder anymore. I still consider myself bound by that oath.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Trump is legally impeached and is kicked out by a Senate vote, then no.

There won't be any violence because the process will be open and above board.

If he is ousted because of a coup?

Then yes, I imagine some might become a tiny bit irritated.

The danger is that Trump will be impeached illegitimately by the uni-party...And there's a very good possibility of that happening...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If President Trump is forcefully or violently removed from office United States is finished.

And I thought it was a country with a 200+ year history and built on foundations of the forefarthers, nope I guess we had to wait till 2016 for the US to exist, kind of demeaning to all who have come before him, but hey when the leader needs you he will tweet, then you can go get them pesky fellow AMERICANS who you disagree with.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think that a more immediate question here Jag, is if he is impeached and the Senate finds him guilty then he will no longer be president, Right? Or not? But at that point will he willingly give it up or will he refuse to leave the WH and have to be removed by force of law by federal officials.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Scare tactics.

If the rule of law is followed and if there is impeachment and if Trump is relieved of the duties of PotUS, then Pence takes over. I doubt there will be any violence to any degree differing from normal day to day violent activities in the US.

If, on the other hand, a violent coup d'etat is attempted and is successful (hardly likely) then I expect martial law in certain jurisdictions and high alert status in other areas which might be necessary.

Violent civil war is not to be expected. The majority of the citizens of the US would prefer to abstain from violence and bloodshed. The majority of humanity would. Even I, as a former Marine, don't see any point to violence for politics sake.

It's just a scare tactic and is pretty lame to think that in the extremely rare case that Trump is ousted, that there will be an outbreak of civil disobedience by some of the most law abiding and ardent supporters of the US Constitution.

JMO.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hillary was rejected from office and look what we have.
Antifa attacking people, Maxine Waters calling on people to harass conservatives, Kathy Griffin and her beheading pic, leftists and their cancel culture bullstuffs.
Its not about some fantasy of killing people.
Maybe, just maybe we've had enough of the bullying and force feeding of men that have periods.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Exactly who would these so called mountain men be fighting in a civil war? Everyone not wearing a red MAGA hat? Will they storm the WH? Or just start shooting random brown folks on the street? Maybe they'll go after politicians and their families. All of those scenarios won't garner any sympathy or support from the general public or any politician regardless of which side of the fence they sit on. They'll find themselves ostracized from society and hunted down like the traitors they are.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Exactly who would these so called mountain men be fighting in a civil war? Everyone not wearing a red MAGA hat? Will they storm the WH? Or just start shooting random brown folks on the street? Maybe they'll go after politicians and their families. All of those scenarios won't garner any sympathy or support from the general public or any politician regardless of which side of the fence they sit on. They'll find themselves ostracized from society and hunted down like the traitors they are.

If Trump's removal violates the Constitution they wouldn't be traitors. The ones that removed Trump would be. Besides you would be surprised how many of those "brown folks" would be on the right side.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

As someone who still considers themselves a liberal and voted for Obama, if we are given a heads up that President Trump will be forcefully removed from the White House, they would have to do it over my dead body.

And I am afraid I would have an army of people standing beside me.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If trump is removed by impeachment, which will require his own party's cooperation, nothing will happen.
Maybe a few protests or mini riots in a city or two but that's about all.

Do you honestly believe this is only about Donald being president? That election had more at stake than some billionaires pride to most people. Their are people who voted for no nonsense practical solutions to our problems. The left and right has ignored these people for 30 years and has put them down and mocked them. If these people’s voices are ignored by taking down an elected official the way they have it won’t be a small thing. Ps I highly doubt the cops will be able to stop the violence and Some will be helping to cause the violence. I don’t think you fully understand what the ramifications would be because you don’t feel like you lost anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes, we will take back out country with every single thing we have you better #ing believe it. Military and police will not help those that stand in our way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join