It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It does not take a genius to understand it's so they can control the narrative and what information the voters see. It simply does not matter which party is doing it, it's still wrong.

Their is equal time for the GOP in these depositions to question witnesses.

Are you suggesting that Dems...ahem DEMS???? are better at constructing and controlling narratives than the GOP?

Either way, NOTHING HAPPENS until all evidence is laid bare, then the public decides for themselves and Dems and GOP can spin as much as they like.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Like so many other things they rely on partisan madness to provide them cover. It's become a sporting event where one of their players could kick and official in the shin on camera and their fans would say the official hit the players foot with their shin. None of the partisans look at the process and ask is this right, they just want to win at all costs, even sacrificing their own integrity to do so.

You are clearly talking about the GOP clowns storming the SCIF?..Right?

edit on 24-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

When it happens to them in the future, they will scream to high heaven about how wrong what they just did themselves is.

The future? You mean the past?

Like the one million pointless hearings into Hillary Clinton in fear of her running for office? Or the Real Estate investigation that ended with President Clinton getting impeached for oral sex?

Please...

Trump extorted a Foreign Country for personal gain and used Military Aid to do it.

It warrants an investigation to make sure no one is missing anything and if confirmed he needs to be impeached.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
needs to be impeached.

By the very people who are benefiting from his crimes, no less...

I'm not saying its a perfect system, but its pretty damn close /sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

needs to be impeached.

By the very people who are benefiting from his crimes, no less...

Ironically yes. The Senators whose party would benefit from Joe Biden being smeared by a foreign government should subjugate their partisanship to their oath to the Constitution.

Our founders knew it was a high-bar.

If it is what it looks like and what Trump's own Chief of Staff says it was, he needs to be removed from office.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

and he made it clear in both several forms of media (written, recorded, TV) that aid to Ukraine was conditional on that undertaking.

President Trump on Monday said that he did not threaten to withhold military aid if Ukraine did not investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his family.

"I did not make a statement that you have to do this or I’m not going to give you aid," Trump told reporters on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).

"I wouldn't do that. With that being said, what I want is I want — you know, we’re giving a lot of money away to Ukraine and other places. You want to see a country that's going to be not corrupt," Trump continued.

Trump later said it would “probably” have been appropriate if he did put pressure on Ukraine but again insisted that he didn’t.

"I put no pressure on them whatsoever. I could have. I think it would probably, possibly have been OK if I did. But I didn’t. I didn’t put any pressure on them whatsoever," Trump continued.
thehill.com...

You probably referenced some interpretation and/or fabrication by the enemedia.

2016 investigation does not = 2020 interference. It just doesn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Both sides act like a bunch spoiled rotten greedy mongering brats......It only hurts the voters and the people of the country who want to improve this country....These politicians will kill and go to war for votes.They will destroy our constitution for money and power..

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The same polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide. Hahahahahah!!!! You guys are gullible. I got a bridge in Arizona I wanna sell ya! reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

If you didn't need anymore proof of what's been going on for the last three years.

The lefts gestapo or KGB tactics (take your pick) will never convince you.

Closed door,secret meetings!

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

When it happens to them in the future, they will scream to high heaven about how wrong what they just did themselves is.

Like the one million pointless hearings into Hillary Clinton in fear of her running for office? Or the Real Estate investigation that ended with President Clinton getting impeached for oral sex?

Please...

Trump extorted a Foreign Country for personal gain and used Military Aid to do it.

It warrants an investigation to make sure no one is missing anything and if confirmed he needs to be impeached.

No, the Future. The Democrats are setting a precedent for all future Presidents to be treated this way with improper proceedings. And yes I did watch Lindsay Graham on my lunch break.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The lefts gestapo or KGB tactics (take your pick) will never convince you.

Closed door,secret meetings!

Apparently, same happened during Nixon and Clinton. Also, House Republicans wrote the new rules.

"As frustrating as it may be to have these hearings going on behind closed doors...they are consistent with the rules," Napolitano, who previously served as a New Jersey Superior Court judge, explained during a segment of the Fox News morning show Fox & Friends.

"When were the rules written last?" the legal expert asked. "In January of 2015. And who signed them? John Boehner [the Republican speaker of the House]. And who enacted them? A Republican majority," he asserted.

"The rules say that this level of inquiry, this initial level of inquiry, can be done in secret," Napolitano said. He pointed out that he personally wishes he could view the testimony and that it was public, but he added that the impeachment investigation was thus far consistent with the ones conducted against Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.

Link

But hey, never let a good opportunity to baselessly attack democrats go to waste.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Open hearings will favor truth over facts 😃

I don't know about that.

All the hearings over the last 3 years have been poliitical hack monologues.

Where witness's can lie their ass's off like at the Kavanugh hearing with no real reprecussion.

Truth doesn't matter much anymore if it ever did.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Considering Gw, and now Trump.

I am convinced MORE than ever Nixon was a victim of the left.

Especially when it comes to spying and what the LAST prez did.

Just ask Snowden.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

My comments are not partisan or meant to be taken that way. Roles reversed I'd say the same.

In any case where a sitting President is in danger of being removed, not a single bit of it should be behind closed doors, since they take away the right of the voters to decide at the next election.

Removing a President needs to be transparent from beginning to end.

That is all I'm saying here. By all means investigate, but make the entire process transparent.

I'm surprised anyone on either side or in the middle would argue that lack of transparency is OK?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I am surprised anyone is buying this crap.

Since they've gone full bore since day one of losing the last presidential election using any means necessary to remove him.

This is just the latest example of the banana republic we live in now.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It does not take a genius to understand it's so they can control the narrative and what information the voters see. It simply does not matter which party is doing it, it's still wrong.

Their is equal time for the GOP in these depositions to question witnesses.

Are you suggesting that Dems...ahem DEMS???? are better at constructing and controlling narratives than the GOP?

Either way, NOTHING HAPPENS until all evidence is laid bare, then the public decides for themselves and Dems and GOP can spin as much as they like.

The ahem Dems are terrible at constructing and controlling narratives which is why they have failed a thousand times and counting, plus keep in mind the "construction" of those narratives have all been fabricated and some highly felonious like the FISA abuses.

Lots happens each time the Dems fakery goods fall flat when they come out of the oven and are exposed as really bad recipes to begin with. This is going to be another one coming soon. Each time it happens the evidence has been laid bare as falsely created.

Really simple for America and the whole world to see, and they do see it.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Napolitano has become a never-Trumper. I don’t trust him anymore. What a turncoat he is.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Napolitano has become a never-Trumper.

So? Should Republicans blindly or unconditionally support Trump?

I don’t trust him anymore.

So is he lying about when the rules were implemented and about the hearings being secret under Nixon and Clinton?

Whether you trust him or is irrelevant. It's about the information.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Please...

No, the Future. The Democrats are setting a precedent for all future Presidents to be treated this way with improper proceedings. And yes I did watch Lindsay Graham on my lunch break.

You do understand the the rules the Democrats are operating under are the ones that the REPUBLICANS put in place in 2015 do you not?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That is all I'm saying here. By all means investigate, but make the entire process transparent.

It is transparent as can be when National Security issues are being discussed.

Republicans ARE on the committees doing the investigating, and they ARE authorized to participate in closed door proceedings - just as in ANY other House or Senate process.

The Committee process is being operated under the rules put in place by the REPUBLICANS in 2015.
edit on 24/10/2019 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join