It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there is no "Quo" in the process?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: odzeandennz

the defense is that if Trump is being impeached because of a quid pro quo with Ukraine over his with holding of aid, but nobody on the Ukraine side knew the aid was being blocked, then it's really, really, incredibly hard to say Trump used that aid for leverage. Or do you see it differently?

I don't think it's relevant that Ukraine knew right there then, that's a bad excuse.

if I steal something but the owner is unaware I stole it, it's still stealing. my defense of they didn't know won't fly in court.

I think the main point is that Trump withheld aid not based on any legal agreements, but he felt he could eventually use it as leverage; for his own benefit basically, as leverage.

are the Democrats going to exaggerate over something mundane and idiotic Trump hurled out of his mouth and definitely would not have any power to do , Yes they are. they hate Trump as do most Americans. everything Trump says 8s used against him, no matter how minute; no one can dispute that.
edit on 23-10-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: network dude

Now that makes sense.

I have to wonder what it is about Crowdstrike and the DNC server that makes them so nervous.

CrowdStrike helped investigate the Democratic National Committee cyber attacks and connected those attacks to Russian intelligence services.

'helped investigate' ?
The FBI didn't even get to look at the server.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

wow, at this point, it seems the leaks that the Democrats have been illegally providing are more lies. Shocker. So now, the bigger question is, once this is all settled, who is going to jail? I don't think you can just lie continuously about the President during an impeachment hearing (if that is what this is) and just walk away. Perhaps you can, I'm not sure. But it sure seems as if this narrative is falling apart rather quickly.

What leaks have the Democrats been providing, and what makes them illegal? Serious question. I have never heard leaks in and among themselves called illegal. Classified info for sure, But are you saying all leaks are illegal or because of the behind closed doors testimony... Honest question.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Now that makes sense.

I have to wonder what it is about Crowdstrike and the DNC server that makes them so nervous.

Well it was proven at the time that Hillary literally owned the DNC. My guess would be a LOT more email on both ties to Russia and how they sunk Bernie.

Fun fact I heard... Crowdstrike is owned by a Russian that lives in the Ukraine.

Nothing to see here, move along...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Stop stop 🤣🤣🤣

my sides hurt , I can't breathe

whoooooo!

star for you,...✌🐱‍👤🐱‍👤😍

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

wow, at this point, it seems the leaks that the Democrats have been illegally providing are more lies. Shocker. So now, the bigger question is, once this is all settled, who is going to jail? I don't think you can just lie continuously about the President during an impeachment hearing (if that is what this is) and just walk away. Perhaps you can, I'm not sure. But it sure seems as if this narrative is falling apart rather quickly.

What leaks have the Democrats been providing, and what makes them illegal? Serious question. I have never heard leaks in and among themselves called illegal. Classified info for sure, But are you saying all leaks are illegal or because of the behind closed doors testimony... Honest question.

All the GOP reps who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings. Yet, we continue to have news emerge from these closed door hearings and amazingly, it all looks bad for Trump, yet the GOP reps laugh and say that's not the case.

I'll leave it to everyone reading to decide if the leaks might be coming from someone on the inside, who also isn't supposed to be talking.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ahhh yes. Dmitri Alperovitch, who has ties to Victor Pinchuk and Hillary Clinton.....Ohhhh. And the Atlantic Council.

Just a conspiracy theory, though. Snort.

edit on 23-10-2019 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Behind closed doors makes it confidential which is a classification aka classified.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

All the GOP reps who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings. Yet, we continue to have news emerge from these closed door hearings and amazingly, it all looks bad for Trump, who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings.

OK , were you there for their interviews or you going on second hand info? I had to ask lol... Seriously though... there is probably only 4 of here so you probably know I am not a trump supporter.
1. what makes it illegal as you said?

2. throw some links out that ALL GOP reps who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings.yet the GOP reps laugh and say that's not the case.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Quid pro quo happens all the time.

Exactly, and that is the main point Mulvaney was trying to get across in his now infamous presser, he just worded things really badly...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Now that makes sense.

CrowdStrike helped investigate the Democratic National Committee cyber attacks and connected those attacks to Russian intelligence services.

There is no cyber attack if the server is left open.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Twice on TV Trump admitted he broke election laws. Trump is his own worse enemy. There is no doubt Trump was using leverage coming from government approved foreign aid for his own personal gain. I don't think anyone disputes it actually happened.

"In one exchange dated Sept. 9, in a text Taylor sent to Sondland, the career diplomat says: "I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.""

Stop ignoring the evidence. You can't just spin this away by saying "there's no there there." It really looks like this story has legs to use industry parlance.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
"the defense is that if Trump is being impeached because of a quid pro quo with Ukraine over his with holding of aid, but nobody on the Ukraine side knew the aid was being blocked, then it's really, really, incredibly hard to say Trump used that aid for leverage. Or do you see it differently?"

I don't think it's relevant that Ukraine knew right there then, that's a bad excuse.

if I steal something but the owner is unaware I stole it, it's still stealing. my defense of they didn't know won't fly in court.

Rotflmao! Really? Thats all you got?

For your comparison to be applicable, you would have had to be accused of extorting the person that you stole from using what you stole from them as leverage - without actually them even being aware (yet) that you had stolen anything from them, and without you telling them.

If you can't see things clearly now, you need to remove the TDS level 6 glasses.

I think the main point is that Trump withheld aid not based on any legal agreements, but he felt he could eventually use it as leverage; for his own benefit basically, as leverage.

Or like he said, he withheld it until he got assurances from the newly elected President of Ukraine - who ran on an anti-corruption platform, that he was serious about rooting out the corruption.

Or do you think we should just hand over hundreds of millions of dollars to countries with well-known corruption problems, knowing the money would likely disappear into a bunch of corrupt politicians and business peoples criminal pockets?

they hate Trump as do most Americans. everything Trump says 8s used against him, no matter how minute; no one can dispute that.

Well, you got that one right at least...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: odzeandennz

the defense is that if Trump is being impeached because of a quid pro quo with Ukraine over his with holding of aid, but nobody on the Ukraine side knew the aid was being blocked, then it's really, really, incredibly hard to say Trump used that aid for leverage. Or do you see it differently?

Not so hard at all.

"In one exchange dated Sept. 9, in a text Taylor sent to Sondland, the career diplomat says: "I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.""

Stop ignoring the evidence. You can't just spin this away by saying "there's no there there." It really looks like this story has legs to use industry parlance.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

All the GOP reps who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings. Yet, we continue to have news emerge from these closed door hearings and amazingly, it all looks bad for Trump, yet the GOP reps laugh and say that's not the case.

There has not been testimony "leaked" has there? What news has emerged that you proclaim has been illegally leaked by the Democrats?

What Illegal leaking is it that you speak of? You spoke of it, throw it out there... what is it...

Trump seems kinda worried about, and honestly so does most of ATS or they might post threads about a good thing Republicans are doing...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

All the GOP reps who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings. Yet, we continue to have news emerge from these closed door hearings and amazingly, it all looks bad for Trump, who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings.

OK , were you there for their interviews or you going on second hand info? I had to ask lol... Seriously though... there is probably only 4 of here so you probably know I am not a trump supporter.
1. what makes it illegal as you said?

2. throw some links out that ALL GOP reps who are interviewed, all state they cannot say what was said in the closed door hearings.yet the GOP reps laugh and say that's not the case.

I cannot help the willfully ignorant. If you follow this from multiple sources, and not just CNN, you learn many things. Or at least I do. Check out the OP for one instance. If you would like more, find someone with lots of time to do your research for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Twice on TV Trump admitted he broke election laws. Trump is his own worse enemy. There is no doubt Trump was using leverage coming from government approved foreign aid for his own personal gain. I don't think anyone disputes it actually happened.

I wasn't in the meetings, but I am aware of what those who were have said. It's in the OP. I didn't make any of this up, it's in the public domain.

If Trump admitted to breaking the law, then the impeachment should almost be over now, why would any other witnesses be needed? Just show the news clip, and vote. Or is it not quite as open and shut as you seem to think?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There has not been testimony "leaked" has there? What news has emerged that you proclaim has been illegally leaked by the Democrats?

What Illegal leaking is it that you speak of? You spoke of it, throw it out there... what is it...

Trump seems kinda worried about, and honestly so does most of ATS or they might post threads about a good thing Republicans are doing...

again, crayon font is needed here.

Have you heard any news about the closed door hearings? Any at all? Oh wait, yes you have. Well, could you explain where the information came from? Keeping in mind that all this is closed door, GOP members can't talk about it, or even see transcripts without Schiff's people present.

You don't even have to pretend to be smart to understand this part of it. Just read a few things.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

If there are no leaks going on, explain how these Lib rags got their information on Taylor's testimony, in order to write these misleading headlines.

William Taylor Delivers the Smoking Gun It doesn’t matter what President Trump wants to call it—of course it was a quid pro quo.

www.theatlantic.com...

There's No Lynching Here, But There Is a Smoking Gun Bill Taylor's testimony on the Ukraine fiasco drove several nails into the Trump administration*'s rapidly closing coffin.

www.esquire.com...

‘Alarming circumstances’: A distressed diplomat tells a tale of venal intrigue.

Taylor began to detect signs of an “irregular, informal” diplomatic channel competing with his own, and a secret agenda seeping into U.S. policy. Upon arrival, he wrote, he faced “a weird combination of encouraging, confusing, and ultimately alarming circumstances.”

www.washingtonpost.com... 11e9-ad8b-85e2aa00b5ce_story.html

Ambassador William Taylor Ties Ukraine Aid Holdup Directly To Trump

www.npr.org...

Using Twitter, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) said of Taylor’s testimony and the lapdog media’s coverage of it… “The leaks out of today’s witness interview have been laughably overblown and don’t tell the full story. Still no evidence of quid pro quo. Much of the statement and hearsay allegations didn’t hold up against any real scrutiny. The FULL transcript should be released immediately.”
edit on 10/23/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless

Ahhh yes. Dmitri Alperovitch, who has ties to Victor Pinchuk and Hillary Clinton.....Ohhhh. And the Atlantic Council.

Just a conspiracy theory, though. Snort.

The Atlantic Council... the same one that Taylor works with and is a featured speaker for.

Same Taylor that had a meeting with a Schiff aid that was sent to the Ukraine...

Same Taylor that is currently resetting the timeline on when the Ukranian President knew about withholding aid...

All just a coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join