It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there is no "Quo" in the process?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

“At the end of the day, this was about quid pro quo and whether or not the Ukrainians were aware that military aid was being withheld and on that most important issue. Neither this witness or any other witness has provided any evidence that there was a quid pro quo, or any evidence that the Ukrainians were aware that military aid was being withheld on July 25,” Ratcliffe said on “The Story” Tuesday night, claiming that absent testimony speaking to that point, “a quid pro quo is legally impossible.”

wow, at this point, it seems the leaks that the Democrats have been illegally providing are more lies. Shocker. So now, the bigger question is, once this is all settled, who is going to jail? I don't think you can just lie continuously about the President during an impeachment hearing (if that is what this is) and just walk away. Perhaps you can, I'm not sure. But it sure seems as if this narrative is falling apart rather quickly.

And if this narrative fails, what will the idiot left do then? I can't see another Russia claim, I think even the stupid folk are on to that one by now. How will the left unjustly remove the president before he wins another election? I guess the usual folks will not come by here, as this isn't open to being spun.

Maybe one day, the left will try to play by the rules and just find someone who isn't a giant douche to run. (Our turd sandwich rules!)
edit on 23-10-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am honestly confused about this.

Quid pro quo happens all the time.

It is not an impeachable offense.

Just to give one example; Trump stated he'd close the border to Mexico if they didn't stem the illegals entering. Mexico deployed 20,000 troops along their side of the border.

Quid pro quo.

If it is illegal and impeachable, then why didn't democrats jump on that?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just to give one example; Trump stated he'd close the border to Mexico if they didn't stem the illegals entering. Mexico deployed 20,000 troops along their side of the border.

Quid pro quo.

I think they are trying like hell to deflect from the Biden mess, that is about to expose more than just Biden and his addicted son. It sounds like the Ukraine was a money laundering business for diplomats. If it was just the left and just the US, I'd be truly shocked. I think it may extend quite a bit more, and everyone is scared they might be found out.

This can of worms has been in the sun for a few days.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Now that makes sense.

I have to wonder what it is about Crowdstrike and the DNC server that makes them so nervous.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dems know this, which is why the Impeachment vote has now been moved back until Christmas...when they're all on a looong holiday vacation.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Now that makes sense.

I have to wonder what it is about Crowdstrike and the DNC server that makes them so nervous.

CrowdStrike helped investigate the Democratic National Committee cyber attacks and connected those attacks to Russian intelligence services.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How could they arrest Trump his hands are so tiny they couldn't be cuffed.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The democrats are desperate and are trying to spin the truth to make it look like trump requested something for personal gain.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Quid pro quo.

It is oddly similar to collusion not being a crime isn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
He has the right to look into suspected corruption and use leverage. If he did not, anybody running for office who broke laws would be immune to investigations.

If he can't do this there are going to be a lot of people who start running for President I know that much so that is really what the conversation should be about. Can a Presidential candidate be looked into for corruption. Biden does not think so for some reason. If it were me I would say go right ahead. Wasting your time. He's not saying that at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Now that makes sense.

Well it was proven at the time that Hillary literally owned the DNC. My guess would be a LOT more email on both ties to Russia and how they sunk Bernie.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sanctions against Turkey were just listed for leaving the Kurds in Syria alone. Was that a Quid Pro Quo? Was that illegal or just a diplomatic solution versus blowing the Turks back far enough to change Istanbul back to Constantinople?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
All foreign aid has strings attached. We don’t just give it away for free.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Haha Haha that made me laugh! I support trump, but dang that made me laugh. It reminded me of that family guy episode where Peter worked for trump....if you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you do.

You will laugh so hard!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Democrats should just give it up, they have been exposed, nothing they can do now. Young Joe sniffed coke, old Joe sniffs children and women.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

so the defense is that if Ukraine didn't know Trump would withhold assets rightfully and legally agreed upon , it makes it cool.

there was quid, there just wasn't enough information to Ukraine for them to 'pro quo' so to speak.

ipso facto the Dems are crazy and evil because technically the quo wasn't agreed on officially because Ukraine hadn't had time to decide wether or not to agree with Trump's demands because they weren't fully aware of what Trump was going to ask for.

imagine jumping through that many hoops to defend any other president...

if Trump said quid pro quo and he was doing 'air quotes' , he's also absolved of any sins. so many new rules of .
communication under this president.

to recap.

Trump calls to hold Ukraine aid because he wanted political favors, but Ukraine hadn't known fully, therefore, Trump didn't really request a quid pro quo because the whole deal hadn't unfolded.

sounds like a shut case to me. the Dems are evils indeed.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Now that makes sense.

CrowdStrike helped investigate the Democratic National Committee cyber attacks and connected those attacks to Russian intelligence services.

The fun part about the Crowdstrike report is that Ukraine disputes the assertion that the "fancy bear" signatures matched those that were found when their artillery was hacked by Russia.

This is a good article that came out at the time.

WASHINGTON - An influential British think tank and Ukraine’s military are disputing a report that the U.S. cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike has used to buttress its claims of Russian hacking in the presidential election. The CrowdStrike report, released in December, asserted that Russians hacked into a Ukrainian artillery app, resulting in heavy losses of howitzers in Ukraine’s war with Russian-backed separatists.

www.voanews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

the defense is that if Trump is being impeached because of a quid pro quo with Ukraine over his with holding of aid, but nobody on the Ukraine side knew the aid was being blocked, then it's really, really, incredibly hard to say Trump used that aid for leverage. Or do you see it differently?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

this reminds me of all the people that said the Kurds will be wiped out

was that you as well??

Don't read the NEWS today

It's not looking good for you.

Normal folks know Presidents are allowed to negotiate treaties and other things between countires.

some think only Democrat President are allowed too.

sad really.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Let's all remember that Ukraine re opened the investigation in February. Long before Trump's call.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join