It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two proud boys sentenced to 4 years in prison after fight with Antifa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
One of the only left wing youtube personalities that right wingers listen to, Tim Pool, just posted a video on this:

He makes some valid points, the main one being that conservatives are at a disadvantage because they cooperate with the law.

Here is the thing, he is absolutely correct in that assessment. Here is my personal take.

If you get in ANY violent altercation with anyone for any reason do not tell the police anything. Even if they are actually "on your side", it does not matter. If you get arrested they will make a report. The prosecuting attorney will make their case on that report. That is the reality and it is a shame that so many younger men just do not seem to understand that.

For instance, I have a friend, who was accosted by a younger man on the anniversary of the "Ferguson" event. My friend is older than me, over 50. The young man had a road rage event and pulled behind my friend when he went to a gas station. The young man proceeded to get violent on my pal and then got the sense beat into him. Needless to say he ended up with many swollen body parts and had to be taken away in an ambulance.

When the police came and arrested my friend they asked him for a statement. My friend said, "A young man attacked me and then you came and arrested me." And NOTHING else.

He left it for his lawyer and the courts to sort out what really happened. In the end he was found not guilty and the young man that attacked him was charged with assault.

Since my pal is an older white male, and the young man was black, had my friend said anything at all to the police, the PA would have probably twisted his words and made it seem like he had actually done something wrong. Which he had not.

So my advice is to ANYONE, be they white, black, or purple and bruised, keep your mouth shut with the cops. They are just doing their job. What they do not know will not hurt them.

In mud pit because I know this will be too much for some here to handle without emoting.
edit on 23-10-2019 by Fools because: correction needed: roughly my age but a few years older

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is probably the best advice I've heard regarding this type of situation.

I've heard alot of "dont say anything,get a lawyer" but many arent financially well off enough to do so, and probably dont have a good attorney speed dial.

Your freind was smart to choose his words carefully, and to use as little as possible. You are absolutely correct on your statements getting twisted .

edit on 23-10-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
This is probably the best advice I've heard regarding this type of situation.

I've heard alot of "dont say anything,get a lawyer" but many arent financially well off enough to do so, and probably dont have a good attorney speed dial.

Your freind was smart to choose his words carefully, and to use as little as possible. You are absolutely correct on your statements getting twisted .

Even if you don't have an attorney, don't say anything. At worst you will be given a public defendant (at least in the USA). And in that case if you have said anything, the PA will chew them alive with your words.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So are we gonna start seeing the other side of crazies going to prison soon for their violence or do they get a pass for leaning left?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yup...whatever happened to bike lock guy?

Eta ..PROBATION!!!!!

www.berkeleyside.com...

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

edit on 23-10-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yep, plus that Andy Ngo guy there to just to report the protest got attacked and here is a recent statement on his condition.

“The cuts and bruising on my face have mostly healed,” Andy Ngo, an editor at the website Quillette, said during an interview Thursday. “The most serious injury to me was my brain in the course of the mob beating, so going forward I will be having various forms of neurophysical therapy and speech therapy to address some of the neurological challenges that I’ll be having."

Source

Yet the reaction to that was the following:

Following the incident, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) said in a series of tweets that the city stands “against all forms of violence – regardless of someone’s political leanings."

But Ngo, who has demanded that Portland police take more action, expressed dismay Thursday that none of his alleged attackers have been arrested or held accountable.

edit on 23-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Exactly what I was thinking... Antifa can attack people daily, they can illegally block highways, and nothing happens. But let one person defend himself against racist fascist scum like antifa and they get arrested. I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Exactly what I was thinking... Antifa can attack people daily, they can illegally block highways, and nothing happens. But let one person defend himself against racist fascist scum like antifa and they get arrested. I don't get it.

Yep and to clarify, I don't give a rat's ass about the Proud Boys. In my opinion, they're all idiots out there both the Proud Boys and Antifa. What I'm disgusted by, is the uneven application of the law towards conservatives.

But, if someone has some links to Antifa getting prison sentences for their violence then please prove me wrong, but I cant find them.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Get over it...

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools
Always wear a mask when antifa is going to counter protest. It should get pretty confusing.

edit on 23-10-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

100% correct. ANYTHING you say can and will be used against you.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What I'm disgusted by, is the uneven application of the law towards conservatives.
You have proof of that?... you know links to back that statement up?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Already did

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

What I'm disgusted by, is the uneven application of the law towards conservatives.
You have proof of that?... you know links to back that statement up?

The mere idea that you can look at the news and the world around you and not see it just boggles the mind. Are you willfully ignorant?? I really hope not because that'll just make you look worse. The bias out there is very obvious, it shouldn't matter what your political beliefs are to be able to see it. The topic of this thread is a recent example.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The problem isn't the cops, it's their orders from the liberal leaders. My friend is a cop and his hands are tied all the time and he is pissed.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The American people are played like a fiddle. Anyone who agitates is probably a hired operative.

Anyone protesting anything knows any occurrence of violence at all completely makes the effort worthless. LIKE A FIDDLE!

(post by PublicOpinion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

The problem isn't the cops, it's their orders from the liberal leaders. My friend is a cop and his hands are tied all the time and he is pissed.

So why doesn’t your brother report this to the media? I get his job is on the line, but he’s literally being part of the problem not reporting it if that is indeed true that he’s receiving orders to not pursue crimes.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

No this makes a lot of sense

you just have to think it through

Republicans and consevatives are adults and know what they are doing

Democrats and librals have no clue what is going on and are not capable of rationed thought..

holding folks in mittens and helmets, for ther own safety, to the same standard as rational adults really is not fair.

Just like voter ID is discrimination, because people of a certain melinin level are not capable, according to Democrats.

edit on 23-10-2019 by thedigirati because: typos

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Because this hand tying is completely legal, and tied to the policies put in place by the city officials.

Liberal city dikhead says 'hey we need more LE working 'this type of crime' (useless or made up for political reasons)

Police chief has to then meet quotas to put in his little book of numbers to show to the city

LEO is stuck sitting on totally useless 'operations' in sectors where nothing is happening just so they can show the 'officials' that the quota is being met, and 'something is being done' Meanwhile their previously lucrative more efficient ops are canned like drug stings or illegal immigrant tip-offs etc

top topics

<<   2 >>

join