It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digging for the Truth show tonight: Mayan Underworld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The History Channel is having another episode of Digging for the Truth, Mayan Underworld, on tonight at 9:00.

www.historychannel.com...

Previous episodes have been pretty good.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Doh!
I'd love to see that but I don't get the history channel.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good-oh. 9pm EST is 6pm Mst; I'll be sure to watch it. Josh Bernstein is a great host and entertaining to boot. I'm not sure if there'll be any scientific breakthgouthgs, but i know it'll be worth watching.

BTW, here're some pictues I took at Xunantunich and Cahal Pech last October; I'm going to be looking to see if he goes there.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Cool pictures Off_The_Street.

Just watched the program, and it was pretty good. One thing about this series is you see alot of stuff you normally don't see. Almost as good as being there.

The question that was asked was, why did the Mayan build pyramids? Josh explained that every Mayan town had at least one pyramid and many resembled the surrounding mountains. Also, most pyramids had a cave that went into the ground below them. Some also had underground rivers.

He explained the Mayans believed this was the entrance to the underworld, which is a journey you take when after you die. The show went into some caves and under water, but they saved the answer till the end.

They ended up at the caves of Candalora, many of the mountains resembled the pyramids, and had 9 rivers coming out of the base of the mountain. The Mayan believed that this is where the world was born. The rivers went into caves, and the scenery was awsome.

Josh went on to speculate that the Mayans were building pyramids to copy this place. Makes sense.

If you want to see it, I think they re-air the programs on Saturdays.

new topics

top topics

join