It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden on Joe Rogan' Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Name call all you want. Keep believing the same ole tactics being used against you. No skin off my teeth.

But just calling someone an agenda pawn isn't enough to prove the claim.

What is his agenda? Who are the string pullers?

I understand being skeptical of popular figures, but without answers to the above, I disagree with your assessment.

What other notable pawn by TPTB are heavy advocates for psychedelics? It just doesn't seem like a mutalism symbiotic relationship. Both inherently buck at the other.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've watched the podcast. To be fair I skipped some of it because truth be told I found it incredibly boring and a struggle to get through.

There's nothing new here regarding the interesting aspects of the Snowden incident, but a lot of backstory on his personal life that I guess is the main subject of his new book that he's promoting.

As for Rogan himself, well the more I've listened to him over the years the more I realise that he's a bit of an idiot.I can't count the number of times I've seen him struggle to grasp the simplest of concepts. Or, the vast number of times that he doesn't seem to get obvious jokes from his guests...I guess that's why he's a crappy comedian.
edit on 23-10-2019 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: Assassin82

Guess I have to be that guy again. Please people, study who you follow.

Rogan's podcast is sponsored by Anne Wojcicki (23andMe), sister of the CEO of YouTube (Susan Wojcicki) and ex-wife of the Co-founder of Google

Just a snipet

There was a time way back in the day he was sponsored by the company that made the Fleshlight. How would you interpret that?

If you think Rogan is a part of the problem your delirious. He’s not a CIA operative, he’s not a corporate puppet. He’s a regular dude who’s carved out a very popular niche in the podcast industry that attracts a wide range of sponsors. What you’re doing is saying “because of x, then it must be y”. It’s an ad hominem fallacy and subjectively weak.

Okay. You obviously haven't dug into him or his guests or those above him. You do not get to that level of fame without permission, and playing ball.

Remember his buddy eddie bravo? I guess the lavey's and other church of satan members do not matter either.

What does Eddie Bravo have to do with anything? He’s a nut job but at the same time one of the best MMA coaches/instructors in the world? They’re friends through MMA. You’re drawing conclusions that don’t exist. You can’t put the circle in the square and just declare that it’s a perfect fit.

Okay.

What agenda do you think he's pushing?

Same as the rest. Keep people believing what the narrative of the day is. He never answers or touches the real questions. None of them do. Just his interview with Twitter ceo should have sealed his entire character. All of that aside, his associations. I mean they matter for Hillary right? Joe even said himself. "Tell me the truth about UFO's, I promise I wont tell anyone, not even my momma"

It's the small details. I wont even go into the open secret rumors about him because I would get blasted and banned but if even half are true....

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Name call all you want. Keep believing the same ole tactics being used against you. No skin off my teeth.

But just calling someone an agenda pawn isn't enough to prove the claim.

What is his agenda? Who are the string pullers?

I understand being skeptical of popular figures, but without answers to the above, I disagree with your assessment.

What other notable pawn by TPTB are heavy advocates for psychedelics? It just doesn't seem like a mutalism symbiotic relationship. Both inherently buck at the other.

Jordan Peterson, former trilateral commission for one.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
As for Rogan himself, well the more I've listened to him over the years the more I realise that he's a bit of an idiot.I can't count the number of times I've seen him struggle to grasp the simplest of concepts. Or, the vast number of times that he doesn't seem to get obvious jokes from his guests...I guess that's why he's a crappy comedian.

You nailed it.
Joe is like a 3 year old child asking questions about Santa Clause, "Does Santa Clause live at the North Pole with elves?"
Yes Joe = mind blown.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
I've watched the podcast. To be fair I skipped some of it because truth be told I found it incredibly boring and a struggle to get through.

There's nothing new here regarding the interesting aspects of the Snowden incident, but a lot of backstory on his personal life that I guess is the main subject of his new book that he's promoting.

Yeah, I stopped at about the 1-hour mark or so. It really did get boring. It was definitely a book promotion but whenever I keep hearing someone say “in the book”, or “I touch on this in the book” I start to tune out.

As for Joe, he’s always said he’s not a smart person, that he’s just good a remembering. I think that represents most people. Most people can’t do advanced math. Most people can’t understand the complexities of space travel, geopolitics, or the science behind psychedelic mushrooms. I think Joe recognizes that he’s not an expert on any of it but he does offer a bad ass platform for those people who do truly know this stuff to speak.

More and more though his guests are only there to pitch a book, or a movie, or a Netflix series...I fear the content is going to start getting a bit watered down with that.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Openly pushing psychadelics was done with lsd in the 60's. Who was responsible for that?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Same as the rest. Keep people believing what the narrative of the day is. He never answers or touches the real questions.

That's the only reason I semi trust him (aside from your assertion he doesn't touch "the real" questions).

I don't need or want someone to tell me their answers... I want to here discussion, discourse, and an attempt at facts. In an environment saturated in punditry, I find it highly refreshing when I can listen to something and come to my own conclusions rather than someone trying to spoonfeed me theirs.

To each their own, I admire healthy skepticism... I just think maybe you're jumping to conclusions without facts, and instead using antidotal connections to make a claim that is too broad. I personally fail to see how anyone would think an individual who promotes free thinking and exploring all views can create a singular and controlled narrative.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Same as the rest. Keep people believing what the narrative of the day is. He never answers or touches the real questions.

That's the only reason I semi trust him (aside from your assertion he doesn't touch "the real" questions).

I don't need or want someone to tell me their answers... I want to here discussion, discourse, and an attempt at facts. In an environment saturated in punditry, I find it highly refreshing when I can listen to something and come to my own conclusions rather than someone trying to spoonfeed me theirs.

To each their own, I admire healthy skepticism... I just think maybe you're jumping to conclusions without facts, and instead using antidotal connections to make a claim that is too broad. I personally fail to see how anyone would think an individual who promotes free thinking and exploring all views can create a singular and controlled narrative.

I listened to his show regularly and even pushed it on here in the past. It takes time and a lot of digging. Once the bigger picture is seen, the rest falls into place.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not important at this point but here is this old video. It wont imbed. This is hardly proof of anything. Just saying.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Snowden, family is intel, admirals, obviously reading from a script

don't trust any of this there's something fishy going on

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Openly pushing psychadelics was done with lsd in the 60's. Who was responsible for that?

The scientific and more specifically the psychology community (spearheaded in the US by Timothy Leary, who later had his reputation stripped of him).

It was eventually perverted by the intel community through MK ultra... Once they learned that interrogation and bright lights don't jive with someone on mind altering substances, they determined it makes anyone and everyone crazy.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The scientific and more specifically the psychology community (spearheaded in the US by Timothy Leary, who later had his reputation stripped of him).

It was eventually perverted by the intel community through MK ultra... Once they learned that interrogation and bright lights don't jive with someone on mind altering substances, they determined it makes anyone and everyone crazy.

Leary was CIA from the get go. That is what the evidence points to anyway,.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Please do share said evidence, or did you mean allegations?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Please do share said evidence, or did you mean allegations?

aconstantineblacklist.blogspot.com...

Allegations and heresay maybe, I am not sure. But I have seen this and other like it from other articles.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Allegations and heresay maybe, I am not sure. But I have seen this and other like it from other articles.

You said evidence at first... Now you're implying a blog is akin to articles.

With all do respect, you've been speaking in absolutes and speaking "in fact" while offering no evidence throughout the thread.

So far you've only provided a blogspot, which anyone can make.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Been watching it for about an hour and a half, and decided to pop in to see if someone had posted it yet.

Solid interview so far. Lots of background on Snowden, and how his intel career began. Also very informative with details on how the 4th amendment has been eroded post 9/11, and the further swelling and growth of the national security state.
edit on 10/23/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You said evidence at first... Now you're implying a blog is akin to articles.

With all do respect, you've been speaking in absolutes and speaking "in fact" while offering no evidence throughout the thread.

So far you've only provided a blogspot, which anyone can make.

Isn't most of the "evidence" for 9/11 and every other conspiracy circumstantial? Again, once you see the bigger picture, it all comes together. Lets just leave it at that. Also may I suggest a book called Inside Laurel Canyon, by David Mcgowen. It's free on archive org.

archive.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So I'm an hour in myself (I've been working a lot recently, so while I can comment here, I can't do audio... So I listen while I drive).

I agree it more than seems to be a book promotion as Snowden essentially opens with (paraphrased) I'm on a tour to promote my book. The caveat is true or not, he claims his income is based off of his public speak tours/books.

The episode so far for me has been dry and one sided. What I really like about JRE usually is that there is good dialog and exchanges, Joe's personality helps many guests open up and be a bit more playful and touch on things they wouldn't normally touch on in major network appearances.

While I'm not particularly entertained, or really gaining anything new for that matter, I have to remember I know this story... I've been following it for a while, and I was a huge fan of Jeremy Scahill's journalism ever since he broke Blackwater well before Snowden.

The other thing I really need to be cognizant of is that not everyone knows this story, especially the younger generations (which I'm part of, but I've always been extremely curious). How many people have been born in the last two decades that have for the most part been hidden from the dark secrets of our government's efforts at "national security", and more importantly the ramifications on our personal freedoms?

At the very least, while I can't offer much praise about this episode, I'm glad it's been given a platform for younger people to be exposed to. This is one of the major issues I think the country's conversation severely lacks, and it could be at the peril of our very ideals and foundation of this nation.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Although it was very hard to get through, i thought the interview was good, especially for those not familiar wirh snowdens story. One thing i did notice is snowdens excessive shaking, he was either very nervous or has some type of disposition, i was mentally urging him to get a sugary drink or something, it was that noticeable.

In regards to joe rogan, i enjoy a lot of his shows, not necessarily the UFC guests (as he does a lot of those, being affiliated with them), but he does cover a lot of alternate ideas through his guests. A task which most hosts wont take on, so, fairplay to him for that. I think he'll be around for a while, his popularity is growing so his shows will soften from the altetnative view, i think.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join