It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel Admits it: She screwed up with the Illegal Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What's really scary is that the U.S. congress has a veritable legion of democrats that make Merkel look sensible and reasonable.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You mean their white guilt has backfired?

🤔

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Nothing in your post addresses the fact that the two cultures are incompatible.

True "refugees" would acknowledge the fact that they need to, on at least a basic level, assimilate into the culture they are relocating to. True refugees would not want to reestablish the culture they are fleeing from.

This whole fiasco wasn't about helping refugees at all. It was about importing a tax base into EU countries that had declining birth rates.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Not sure how a rational person could make such a comparison.

I think you may have answered your own question.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

That's great, nothing bad has ever happened when Germany starts taking a tougher stand on immigrants who don't blend in with their society...

I find this comment really offensive and stupid. Are you saying that we are all nazis inside and just vecause we want to protect ourselves and our country from illegal invaders, we will all suddenly turn into the SS and incarcerate and kill everyone foreign?
Are you really saying that?
How about we are one of the most open minded nation in the world because of our history and because of it we have dug our own grave, because we are not allowed to be normal any longer?

Normal is to protect your citizens against anger and a degradation of society, this can be achieved by implementing mandatory language lessons and lessons in the law, no tolerance for crimes and actual deportation or if all else fails registration of every single illegal. Nobody has to be killed. Or hasn't that occurred to you because you believe Germans can't do it 'the nice way'?

Disgusting opinion and very oppressive to Germans and our society as it is now.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Sane people, sane german citizens never thought that Merkel was reasonable, everybody knew and knows what she did in 2003. She traveled to Bush and apologized for Germany not taking part in a war that was based on US lies and US misinformation. Since that sane people knew that she was and is just another US agent, another US sycophant that works for the interests of the USA instead for the interests of Germany and it´s people.

Sad thing is, not enough sane people to stop her in Germany, too many conservatives and right leaning people which voted her and her union, to keep everything preserved. Too many reservations, too much hate and fear against the left, because of US anti-"commie" propaganda since 1945.

And now we see Germany after too many years of the Merkel rule, of putting more and more women into high ranking jobs just because they are women and friends of Merkel. We are a better third world country now. And the most expensive of them all. Because we germans have to save the climate, the world, the universe and everybody else on earth and later even on other stars as i guess, with our money, for whatever reason, and without being asked for sure, if we people want to do so.

That she got elected has much to do with the fact that the complete german press/media landscape is in the hands of around 200 wealthy publisher family dynasties, with often a woman as leader. She got elected and re-elected because of media brainwashing, showing her only as the nice "Mutti" that takes selfies with the german national football team in their changing room and stuff like that. Everything that could harm her was buried deep by that so called press and media.

She never was reasonable, sensible or even a bit credible.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
The Jews though were never a culture that blended into to other cultures very well. I don't know why that is, not a Jewish historian but even in the US, despite a large Jewish population not many Jews serve in the US military for example. Even their own country, it's a theocracy. It raises one religion above all others. There is some multi-culturalism but not much. It's a nation state of Jewish people and they don't deny it. Not a nation state of people.

My god, where do you live? Wanker county?

I spent a couple decades in the military and seldom ran across any Jews. They didn't start offering Kosher MRE's until the 90's I know that much. I ran into more Mormons than Jews and there are less Mormons in the US than Jews. You can call me a wanker though all you want. Those are from my experiences from over 20 years and also from factual data so meh. Take it or leave it.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Merkel made a statement about this years ago...like nearly ten years ago.

She herself is from Eastern Germany, and likely before the wall came down. She has more understanding than most politicians, and people should always be minded that Germany has had an emigree policy for 70 years, and one that worked very well.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The Jews though were never a culture that blended into to other cultures very well. I don't know why that is, not a Jewish historian but even in the US, despite a large Jewish population not many Jews serve in the US military for example. Even their own country, it's a theocracy. It raises one religion above all others. There is some multi-culturalism but not much. It's a nation state of Jewish people and they don't deny it. Not a nation state of people.

I spent a couple decades in the military and seldom ran across any Jews. They didn't start offering Kosher MRE's until the 90's I know that much. I ran into more Mormons than Jews and there are less Mormons in the US than Jews. You can call me a wanker though all you want. Those are from my experiences from over 20 years and also from factual data so meh. Take it or leave it.

The 90s were almost 40 years ago. Even so, I don't doubt that there are less Jewish ppl per capita in the military, than some other backgrounds.

I'm not Jewish, but I married into a family who were.

I would suggest to you that the biggest reason for there being less Jews in the military is substantially explained by the fact that Jewish families stress education, and values that give young ppl choices when they join the adult world.

Not to paint with a broad brush, but many enlist because they have limited choices. There are also many who do so out of patriotism.

To illustrate my point, there are nearly as many black women, as white women in the military. There are way more black Americans in the military than their population percentage would indicate.

I'm not trying to make this a racial thing at all, but the reality is the primary thing that drives ppl to join the armed forces is not sense of duty, rather lack of viable options. For many, it's a way out of a bad situation.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I mean I've said it in Jest, but hearing your reply and the replies of others kind of speaks volumes on its own. Nazi Germany IS part of your history, if you can't come to terms with that and learn from it and move on and YES jest about it because you really how STUPID it was to behave that way, then yeah... it kind of sounds from the aggressiveness of the tone from yours and others that maybe it IS possible that Germany will go down that road again.

America had slavery, it was a terrible part of our history, one that we all regret and wish had never happened. If a foreigner mentioned that in jest as to any of our current policies, my reaction would be "yeah.... fair point but we don't do that this time, we learned our lesson and moved on" the idea that I would get "insulted" and feel so offended from a FACTUAL part of history is the sad part.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

The entire way they attempted the process was a failure from the start.

If you want assimilation, you don't start by making ghettos. I have worked in Italian ghettos. Jewish ghettos and Spanish ghettos, and I have come across men and women in each of these areas, though being in the US for over 50 years, the only words they can say in English is, that they don't speak English. There is no reason or incentive for them to speak the language or to assimilate when they can live in a modified version of the world they left behind, and the world they are the most comfortable with.

They should have immersed each person or family into an area in tiny numbets until they had become at least proficient with the language.

If the goal is assimilation, accepting the culture and the lifestyle of the country that took you in, is necessary. This does not demand that you have to forget your history, where you came from, and traditions.

It does mean that if your religion, traditions, and beliefs, go against the culture of your host country, then you are in the wrong country and should never have come. Or you need to return to your home of origin or find a more suitable host country.

For those that were actually fleeing, in fear of their lives, it may be a bit more difficult to get to a suitable place, but you don't bite the hands that feeds you.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The 90s were almost 40 years ago. Even so, I don't doubt that there are less Jewish ppl per capita in the military, than some other backgrounds.

I would suggest to you that the biggest reason for there being less Jews in the military is substantially explained by the fact that Jewish families stress education, and values that give young ppl choices when they join the adult world.

Not to paint with a broad brush, but many enlist because they have limited choices. There are also many who do so out of patriotism.

To illustrate my point, there are nearly as many black women, as white women in the military. There are way more black Americans in the military than their population percentage would indicate.

I'm not trying to make this a racial thing at all, but the reality is the primary thing that drives ppl to join the armed forces is not sense of duty, rather lack of viable options. For many, it's a way out of a bad situation.

I retired in 2014. I seldom ran across any Jews. And saying they value education more ok, then why do Jews have to serve in the military in Israel. That is their own rule in their own country so I'm not buying that at all. I believe it's two years mandatory service. They take it very seriously. In the US though are you saying they are above military service? Too good for it. The Mormons don't think so and there are less of them in the US. I ran into Mormons all the time in the military.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yeah, it's Moria over in Greece. I didn't feel like revising my post after I went back and read the conversation from 2017, but I did quote it before I posted the pictures. And it's not similar to Trump's camps. You must get news about America like we get news about Germany. Those are what was setup by obama. The media didn't get mad or care about the setup until Trump starting utilizing it. They even used pictures from 2014 and said they were current pictures.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Please... don’t insult wankers.

Lol

It wasn't a slight of the "act".

Is was a reference to a fictional place from "Married With Children", where everyone was backward and inbred.

Sounds like Omar's district.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I retired in 2014. I seldom ran across any Jews. And saying they value education more ok, then why do Jews have to serve in the military in Israel. That is their own rule in their own country so I'm not buying that at all. I believe it's two years mandatory service. They take it very seriously. In the US though are you saying they are above military service? Too good for it. The Mormons don't think so and there are less of them in the US. I ran into Mormons all the time in the military.

Not saying they are "above it" in any way. I was just pointing out that the makeup of the US military is not, necessarily, a reflection of population diversity. Are you saying ppl of color are more "patriotic" due to the fact that their numbers in the military exceed their population percentage?

It is also irrelevant to compare a country with mandatory conscription to the US.

The Israelis are not in a position to do otherwise. They exist in a world where they are surrounded by enemies, who would prefer to exterminate them.

I can only conclude that some little Jewish boy stole your lunch money as a child, and you hold a grudge.

I do thank you for your service to your country though, even if we don't see eye to eye on the issue.
edit on 10232019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Please... don’t insult wankers.

Lol

It wasn't a slight of the "act".

Is was a reference to a fictional place from "Married With Children", where everyone was backward and inbred.

Sounds like Omar's district.

Her district, many do not speak English at home. How can over 40% of a district acclimate into a country if they don't speak the language. It's basically their own little country over there. I guess eventually they will but that can take a couple generations. In the meantime they will elect bartenders or anyone who panders to them about everyone being against them when that is not the case at all. Many of them are voting and really don't understand the candidates policies. Only what they look like and if they look like them, talk like them good enough.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not saying they are "above it" in any way. I was just pointing out that the makeup of the US military is not, necessarily, a reflection of population diversity. Are you saying ppl of color are more "patriotic" due to the fact that their numbers in the military exceed their population percentage?

It is also irrelevant to compare a country with mandatory conscription to the US.

The Israelis are not in a position to do otherwise. They exist in a world where they are surrounded by enemies, who would prefer to exterminate them.

I can only conclude that some little Jewish boy stole your lunch money as a child, and you hold a grudge.

I do thank you for your service to your country though, even if we don't see eye to eye on the issue.

I totally get they have to defend Israel. All I'm saying is Jewish American Soldiers are quite a rarity. You would think it would be the opposite. The US lost a lot of what you call poorly educated enlisted dummies saving them. Think they would be grateful for that fact and more would join as a show of appreciation.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

That's great, nothing bad has ever happened when Germany starts taking a tougher stand on immigrants who don't blend in with their society...

That was a horrible time in history. But just because something is horribly bad, doesn't mean the extreme opposite will be good.

Killing people because they are different is not good... But allowing vastly different groups of people in without having them learn the native language, and setting expectations for a level of assimilation can be equally as bad to the native population and the guests.

Making sure systems are in place to help increase the odds and opportunity for success is the only way you're helping anyone. Just letting them in out of "charity" can damn them to a life reliant on a state with no room for self sufficiency or prosperity. Basically, it can be glorified internment.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I totally get they have to defend Israel. All I'm saying is Jewish American Soldiers are quite a rarity. You would think it would be the opposite. The US lost a lot of what you call poorly educated enlisted dummies saving them. Think they would be grateful for that fact and more would join as a show of appreciation.

Meh....it has been 5 generations since WW2. I don't blame ppl who's forefathers owned slaves. By the same token, I don't hold anyone to be indebted to fallen heros from nearly a century ago.

Also, I never said anything about "dummies". Education does not = intelligence, and I don't appreciate the twist in words.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

When I think of my time living in Germany, I think fondly of their unique culture.
Food and Beer come to mind. They are one of the most pork loving, beer drinking societies.
That is completely opposite of the beliefs of the people they have let in. How anyone thought that
would work is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join