It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel Admits it: She screwed up with the Illegal Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As Heidi Klum says, "WOW!". Never thought I would hear Merkel admit her policies on illegal aliens in German ultimately failed.

From a FOX news article:

"But the idea of having people from different backgrounds “live side-by-side” hasn’t worked, she added – and more Germans seem to agree. About a third of the country believes Germany has been “overrun by foreigners,” a recent survey suggests, according to the BBC.

The change in attitudes is forcing Merkel to take a tougher stand on immigrants who don’t make an effort to blend into German society, Reuters reported."

The silver lining of this cloud though is countries can learn from her massive mistake. People have to be properly vetted and acclimated to a new culture and it must be done in controlled modular components. Otherwise total disaster.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Too late.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I thought this was old news... Maybe not here. I remember my buddy telling me how she tried to appear humane by letting them in and then almost immediately regretted it. This was a year and a half to two years ago. He lives in Germany and is a Federal Police Officer (Bundespolizei). He's sent me pictures of these illegals locked away in fenced in encampments and living in tents. Nobody in their right mind would think allowing free reign to come and go to illegals is a good idea. Merkel found that out the hard way.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

"But the idea of having people from different backgrounds “live side-by-side” hasn’t worked, she added – and more Germans seem to agree.

Common sense should have told any sane person that.

I guess that's not her strong suit.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I thought I read there was a plan where they had to learn German in 5 years or they would be deported. Deported to where. Some of the places they came from were bombed back to the stone ages. And what if they learn German, pass the test but then stop using it. There could be entire regions where nobody speaks German and those regions will grow. It's one of the dumbest plans I have ever heard.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

That's great, nothing bad has ever happened when Germany starts taking a tougher stand on immigrants who don't blend in with their society...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

That's great, nothing bad has ever happened when Germany starts taking a tougher stand on immigrants who don't blend in with their society...

Read the article though. She is saying something bad happened due to taking a much weaker stance.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Gotta nip it in the bud while they can or the immigrants may take a tougher stance on the German citizens.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

is there an actual historical reference on such??
if only.....

edit on 23/10/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's nice to see she actually admits she was wrong, but it's not a failure to build a multicultural society, there are plenty of foreigners around the world that would love to blend with german society, I've known tons of them growing up. The issue is with who they let try to blend in with their society. It's a culture that doesn't wish to blend at all, but wishes to spread, forcefully if they have to. I know not all of them, but enough to make it, imo, not worth it at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I thought I read there was a plan where they had to learn German in 5 years or they would be deported. Deported to where. Some of the places they came from were bombed back to the stone ages. And what if they learn German, pass the test but then stop using it. There could be entire regions where nobody speaks German and those regions will grow. It's one of the dumbest plans I have ever heard.

I just went back and looked. He sent me those pictures on April 20, 2017, it's funny that America is just now getting this news. This was the message:

Merkel was always anti foreigners and anti migrants. She did hold a speech in 2014 that multi culture is wrong.

When the migrants started to flood hungary she did her only miscalculation and believed Germany would applaud her for being "humanitarian".

When 900.000 flooded the far right did rise and Merkel made an extree U-Turn. Blocked down the border in Balkans. Started mass deportations. Does not allow refugees to bring family. The deal she made locks the migrants into camps on greek islands and serbia. She even made a deal with dictator Lukaschenko to send migrants there into "camps".

Trump is blamed for his travel ban, but wanna see what Merkel did?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

That is right up there with the most ridiculous thing I have read all week.

I assume you are referring to the situation with Jews in Germany in the firt part of the 20th century?

First of all, most Jews, at the time were born in Germany (not immigrants).

Second of all, they were not going around raping and murdering, while being supported by the German tax payer.

Not sure how a rational person could make such a comparison.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Whodathunkit? Flooding your mostly racially homogeneous society with millions of uneducated, resource draining refugees turns out to have negative effects on the actual citizens of your country. Crazy!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Jews though were never a culture that blended into to other cultures very well. I don't know why that is, not a Jewish historian but even in the US, despite a large Jewish population not many Jews serve in the US military for example. Even their own country, it's a theocracy. It raises one religion above all others. There is some multi-culturalism but not much. It's a nation state of Jewish people and they don't deny it. Not a nation state of people.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The Jews though were never a culture that blended into to other cultures very well. I don't know why that is, not a Jewish historian but even in the US, despite a large Jewish population not many Jews serve in the US military for example. Even their own country, it's a theocracy. It raises one religion above all others. There is some multi-culturalism but not much. It's a nation state of Jewish people and they don't deny it. Not a nation state of people.

My god, where do you live? Wanker county?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Please... don’t insult wankers.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I see pictures from Lesbos (Greece) and Slowenia. Not from Germany, as you suggest by comparing it to Trumps detainee camps.

Problem is, that many countries in the EU are unwilling to take part in a fair way to share those refugees - they won't accept a single person without childish fighting over it.

Another problem is that the refugees are coming, if you want that or not - many are stopped by Erdogan in Turkey, and we see these days what he can make of it (demanding the EU stays silent about the Kurds, otherwise Erdogan would "release" the Syrian refugees to move into Europe).

What could be done?
- Building up walls? The people will die trying to scale them, thats not really a solution. Just a displacement of the problem towards a higher and higher and deadlier than ever wall..

- Trying to dismantle the cause for seeking refuge, but that does not work out everywhere or even in the majority of places - many times the massive amounts of money are funneled away, into the pockets of corrupt local and regional politicians.

-> There is no easy way out. I remember in the 80s, in my school, movies were played about a future "Fortress Europe" against millions of refugees, fleeing from wars, famine and droughts. Thats now.

Oh, and Fauxnews have admitted they used Merkel's comments from 2010, this is Old News.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Mach2

Please... don’t insult wankers.

Lol

It wasn't a slight of the "act".

Is was a reference to a fictional place from "Married With Children", where everyone was backward and inbred.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join