It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China plans to replace Hong Kong leader Lam with 'interim' chief executive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I am actually surprised her replacement has not already happened.. I may be one of the few who kinda feels sorry for her as I believe she is caught between mainland China's demands and the demands of the people of Hong Kong.. No matter what she does it will never be enough.

(Reuters) - China is drawing up a plan to replace Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam with an “interim” chief executive, the Financial Times reported, citing people briefed on the deliberations, which would bring to a close Lam’s rule after months of often-violent pro-democracy protests.

And who are they thinking about replacing her with???? Bankers of course !!

The leading candidates to succeed Lam include Norman Chan, the former head of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, and Henry Tang, who has also served as the territory’s financial secretary and chief secretary for administration, the report said.

China is still in denial that 'they' and the fear they bring to Hong Kong is the reason for the riots as they continue to blame outside influences such as America and Briton for all the problems in Hong Kong.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Probably a fully paid-up member of the Chinese Communist Party, who will sort out the pro-democracy movement and do China's dirty work. The Chinese Dictator-President Xi has already indicated his intent... Poor Hong Kong.

China's president has issued a warning against dissent, saying any attempt to divide China will end in "bodies smashed and bones ground to powder".

Source BBC

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: 727Sky

Probably a fully paid-up member of the Chinese Communist Party, who will sort out the pro-democracy movement and do China's dirty work. The Chinese Dictator-President Xi has already indicated his intent... Poor Hong Kong.

China's president has issued a warning against dissent, saying any attempt to divide China will end in "bodies smashed and bones ground to powder".

Source BBC
Henchman will replace Lam and there will be a clampdown and rest assured people will start to die because the HK people will not submit! Sad for HK.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Lam was already a communist China cardholder. She was just the embodiment of the illusion of choice. The Chinese have decided to end the illusion it seems.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
2 days ago the chinese students trashed the university, not sure if it opened today, but it really got trashed.
I think the real estate market there is at a standstill, my guess the rich chinese will move in and their belief of the communist rule will take over.
If I was living there, this time I would sell my flat and book it out as fast as I can.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Lam was already a communist China cardholder. She was just the embodiment of the illusion of choice. The Chinese have decided to end the illusion it seems.
She was a Beijing puppet and China had hoped to slowly change things through her and now they realize that game/tactic has failed. Now you will see the China we know. The T Square China!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
She was a Beijing puppet and China had hoped to slowly change things through her and now they realize that game/tactic has failed. Now you will see the China we know. The T Square China!

Yep. I agree with you on that. You do realize China has a military base there now.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I may be one of the few who kinda feels sorry for her as I believe she is caught between mainland China's demands and the demands of the people of Hong Kong.

I definitely humor giving her the benefit of the doubt. As an American, I really can't understand what it would be like to live in China, or a territory with heavy influence from them. I think we forget that when we are born, it's written in our DNA to survive, and we all get dealt a different hand. It's easy to say what we'd do with someone else's cards, but they haven't lived in our shoes, seen what we've seen, so in the end, they can only play their hand as they see fit.

Hong Kong’s embattled leader Carrie Lam has said that she has never offered to step down, a day after an audio recording emerged of her saying she would quit if she had “a choice”.
The Gaurdian

So in a leaked audio, she said she would resign if she had the choice (back in Sept.). After the audio came out, she didn't deny the audio's authenticity, but walked back the comment saying she never offered the option, and it was her choice, and her's alone not to resign. I question that she had that much choice or say in such matters.

Not sure if I can feel sorry for her given my ignorance, but I can certainly keep an open mind to the nuance and attempt to give her the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I actually do feel sorry for her. She's not willing to go full-on Tiananmen Square against the democracy protestors, and for that she's probably going to get sent to a labor camp somewhere in Western China.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When the British gave HK back to the Chinese they extracted a promise off China to leave HK alone as it was an international powerhouse that would benefit China. Which is quite evident. Now two decades later mainland Chinese see HK with it's freedoms an opulence and they don't like it as it could show mainland Chinese that they could have a much better life. So this is just the powers in China bringing HK under their boot.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
PS. China is just playing at the moment, but there will come a time when the little red book brigade will flood HK, then god help the people.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

When the British gave HK back to the Chinese they extracted a promise off China to leave HK alone as it was an international powerhouse that would benefit China.

Well, to leave it alone for the most part for 50 years.

It just seems China is speeding up the process.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

IMO. if we are smart we would see this action as a pointer of things to come. a trend.

The trend I see in what china is doing. from what was stated in the OP, is installing a corporate, meaning a private enterprise, organisation as government. '

What is happening in my country is that we have councils which have an ABN and a CEO and the thing is such arrangements are becoming more prolific. Therefore, IMO, all governments, most likely all over the western world, are being privatised.

Many times I've read that the One World Government, is going to be corporate in nature. The statement above by China confirms this.

Karen Hudes has said for many years that while she was in the world bank she and her team identify a network of 14,000 financial services companies which all had interlocking directors. She referred to this group as the Network Of Global Control.

I now have substantially reduced doubts that she is right about the NWO or the One World Government being corporate (privately owned compaines) in its structure and operation.

Dr Day in his talk titled "EVERY THING IS IN PLACE AND NO-ONE CAN STOP US NOW" said that this is the way the world will be run. He said all industries will be run by cartels which are currently illegal and there will be no new entrants into an industry sector unless all members of the catel agrees.

Think about this:
How many oil companies are there in the world - scores of them but how many big ones are there?
How many entertainment companies are there in the world - hundreds if not thousands but how many big ones are there?
How many airline manufacturers are there in the world - hundreds but how many big ones are there?
How many mining companies are there in the world - hundreds of them but how many big ones are there
How many software/computer companies are their in the world - dozens but how many big ones are there?
How many auto companies are there out there - Scores of them but how many big ones are there ?

I could go on but I think you get the general idea a?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They began day 1 actually. There are no true elections in HK and never have been. China decides who runs and who wins.

top topics

join