It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good video analyzing the Navy UFO incidents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Although there's been a lot commentary on the Navy UFO incidents I found a pretty good video on the topic. I've been really interested in the way the UFO maneuvers in the video right before it shoots off. In the first video below it's at the 8:39-8:41 mark. I've watch the UFO do it's rotation maneuver several times. Most UFO videos the UFOs are darting around. This maneuver looks much more controlled.

The later part of the above video is pretty good too. The aircraft controller stuff is interesting.

And following video has been posted before. I've watched it 4 times already. It's probably the best UFO interview I've ever seen. I really like how Cmdr. Fravor talks about the way the target tracking technology works. If you haven't seen this interview it's just sooo good:

edit on 22-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Same story, but the interesting part, really, is that MSM is talking about it. I mean, NY Post? Rogan? These guys have a reach into millions of viewers, and they are not treating this with derision. They are taking it seriously. That's a 'sea change' in the way media has historically treated the subject.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Huge star for your enthusiasm, Schuyler. 🍻

This is definitely, uncharted territory with the MSM.
edit on 22-10-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Although there's been a lot commentary on the Navy UFO incidents I found a pretty good video on the topic. I've been really interested in the way the UFO maneuvers in the video right before it shoots off. In the first video below it's at the 8:39-8:41 mark. I've watch the UFO do it's rotation maneuver several times. Most UFO videos the UFOs are darting around. This maneuver looks much more controlled.

That's not a "good video" if you have any interest in truth, it's full of incorrect BS.

For the hundredth time, the reason the "Gimbal" video is called "Gimbal" is because of the Gimbal, not because the object is rotating. It's so obvious anybody should be able to understand that but for some reason some people still incorrectly think that object is rotating. Even the pilots are mistaken about that.

Gimbal UFO: Why Does the Glare Rotate When the Horizon Does Not?

And it's been clearly shown that the object in the gofast video is not going fast, so again the misinterpretations of these videos by the "analysts" and the pilots is rampant. So contrary to the assumption that we should believe whatever the pilots tell us, what these videos demonstrate is that the pilots can misperceive things, and these videos actually prove it. They think the object in the Gimbal video is rotating, but it's not rotating, and they think the object in the "Gofast" video is going fast, but it's not. I'm not saying the pilots are idiots but it's obvious from these videos we can't take their word for anything with the amount of misperception going on, which can clearly be demonstrated with a careful analysis of these videos.

"Go Fast" UFO Video Explained?

The third video, from 2004, sometimes called "FLIR" appears to show some acceleration at the end but it's not acceleration, it's a change in the zoom of the display, so that's another incorrect analysis. So all three videos shown by TTSA may show "UFOs" but there really isn't anything in any of them that seems to indicate any unusual performance.

After setting the videos aside, all we really have for the Nimitz encounter are the conflicting accounts of David Fravor, the other pilots, Kevin Day and others who don't completely agree and Fravor didn't bother to turn his camera on so we have no video of what he saw.

Fravor also liked "hoax" UFO sightings, using his plane as the "UFO", flying it so people couldn't tell it was a plane and thinking they saw a UFO.

Commander David Fravor Faking UFO Encounters in California Desert

edit on 20191023 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I wonder if Fravor's retirement pay covers all his bills.

Sorry, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sorry, just a thought.

He served 18 years so that is not a full pension from my military knowledge. He likely received a cash payment which they do for those that served an extended amount of time but did not earn the full retirement. The Navy I believe is 30 years for the full retirement and the Army is 20 which I always found odd the difference of 10 years. Glad I got out of the Marines (Navy) and finished up in the Army at 20.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Sorry, just a thought.

He served 18 years so that is not a full pension from my military knowledge. He likely received a cash payment which they do for those that served an extended amount of time but did not earn the full retirement. The Navy I believe is 30 years for the full retirement and the Army is 20 which I always found odd the difference of 10 years. Glad I got out of the Marines (Navy) and finished up in the Army at 20.

The Navy used to be a 20 year gig for full retirement. I believe they increased it to 30 years in the mid 1980's . The reason that I heard was that they needed to keep experienced personnel in the Navy longer to keep training costs lower.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

For the hundredth time, the reason the "Gimbal" video is called "Gimbal" is because of the Gimbal, not because the object is rotating.

So maybe there is a technological reason for this - but why when the object "appears" to rotate, why don't the clouds rotate as well? They are in the same frame as the object. If a normal camera / phone or whatever is filming a thing - and you rotate the camera, everything in the frame rotates, obviously. Are you saying that is not the case here?

Is there some technology involved that makes the object itself seem to rotate but keeps the background steady? Not being snarky - just asking, as clearly I am not understanding how this tech works.
edit on 23-10-2019 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
30,000 views in 3 days, but I am sure some of you have not seen it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
And 3 weeks ago:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
And another who mentions the longer, clearer tic tack video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Since Day is being called out let's give him a chance to speak too:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
And for the bump let's go with "Man overboard!"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My favorite video.

I also like the pilot conversation.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nick Pope? Are you kidding?

He's a 'true believer' and he has not looked into the science.

Can you imagine a proposal from the Alien Emperor?

Sir, we'd like 50 quadrillion quatloos to be funded to go to a distant planet of mammals and pretend to be secretly flying around in their atmosphere with craft similar to their experimental types but keep the lights on and duck in and out of clouds and pretend to land in the water, for no benefit to us. Will you ok this plan?

It's beyond redonkulous. It's not happening folks.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sorry, just a thought.

Cheap shot, Phage. Shame on you. For the record, Fravor served 18 years in the Navy but was Marine enlisted prior to entering and graduating from the Naval Academy. He retired as a commander, O-5, and retirement pay is over $4000 a month, half basic pay for 20 years service. As soon as he got out he became an F-18 trainer, and he has had a job ever since. His gross is very likely above $150K. All this information is from "Carrier," a PBS special that aired several years ago and featured Fravor, among other Navy personnel. So what are you trying to say? Oh, I know! He must be a paid shill, right? That kind of personal ad hominem slur is out with your first lesson in Logic 120, Phage. I'm surprised you would stoop to that.
edit on 10/23/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

For the hundredth time, the reason the "Gimbal" video is called "Gimbal" is because of the Gimbal, not because the object is rotating.

So maybe there is a technological reason for this - but why when the object "appears" to rotate, why don't the clouds rotate as well? They are in the same frame as the object. If a normal camera / phone or whatever is filming a thing - and you rotate the camera, everything in the frame rotates, obviously. Are you saying that is not the case here?

Is there some technology involved that makes the object itself seem to rotate but keeps the background steady? Not being snarky - just asking, as clearly I am not understanding how this tech works.
That's certainly a reasonable question, and the answer is explained in great detail in the video in my post called "Gimbal UFO: Why Does the Glare Rotate When the Horizon Does Not?" which you obviously didn't watch. The background also rotates behind the scenes, so to speak, and the video shows information about the circuits which "de-rotate" the background so in the final display the rotation of the background has been removed, that's the main point of the video, as indicated in the title.

The video also simulates the rotation and de-rotation of the background to show how it's done, using a different method than is on the aircraft, but the result is similar, the flare rotates but the background doesn't in the final display.

Here's another video about the Gimbal rotation showing a jet at closer range where you can confirm the glare from the jet engines rotates , but the jet doesn't, so the jet is also "de-rotated" in this video, and it shows yet another example of a scene where the camera is aimed at a light on the ground, where the glare from the light rotates but the ground doesn't.

NY Times UFO Explained

edit on 20191023 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just a small question to the Kevin Day video. If they were tracking multiply hits over multiple day why did.'t they track the objects to their destination?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Just a small question to the Kevin Day video. If they were tracking multiply hits over multiple day why did.'t they track the objects to their destination?

Because, as Fravor himself insists, Kevin Day is spouting BS.

But since Day claims to have received psychic powers (as well as healing powers and apocalyptic visions) from the Tic-Tac, I'm sure he could tell us the objects' final destination.

“I have experienced all of these effects with the exception of levitation. And the journey damn near killed me. Imagine it. Suddenly, your personality begins to change, you have premonitory dreams, you become suddenly smarter, more prescient, you can manifest stuff, you, apparently, healed your dog by touching him, etc. etc, and you have no idea why or what is happening to you!? "

edit on 23-10-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
why did.'t they track the objects to their destination?

The answer I heard was that the objects just disappeared off screen and did not reappear until much later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join