It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we and what have we done with above-top-secret?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: byteshertz
a) The content of new threads is limited by the people who write them. Not much that site management can do about that. These recurrent complaints are really about the difference between the readers of threads and the writers of threads. If the readers want more non-political content, they must find more non-political writers.

b) As for what happened to "mysteries" etc., they were effectively killed off by the fiasco of the end of 2012, which brought down interest in a lot of other things. The slowdown in the turnover of new posts on the Recent Posts page was clearly visible six months later.

See, that’s just it. People do create non-political content but it’s constantly hidden by the political $*** posts people are obsessed with. Then those uneducated reductionists bleed their ignorance into other threads. But it’s not unique to ATS, it’s a societal problem. Go to Reddit and you’ll see the same behavior. Comments sections that almost always turn into political hate threads.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
Hi,

Long-time member, short-time critic here.

You see the sites main page right now? These are the top 3 headlines:

- Breaking: The Democrats were in involved in money laundering with the former Ukrainian government
- DemocRATS Are Starting To Squirm...US Attorney Durham Has Found Something Significant
- Racist.watch: More liberal hate and voter suppression

Nothing to do with anything above top secret. Just political mud being thrown around about 1 divided country.

It really has destroyed a beautiful website that was once about ancient mysteries, ufos, ghosts, bigfoot, the Rothchilds and the bankers. I understand it brings traffic - it must, because otherwise I don't see why this stuff has not been moved to below top secret.

So, if we are so set on keeping all this political madness as our main theme, can we rename the site? I won't put forward my suggestions because I know they will offend.

Yep and look at the star/flag count for those topics versus anything else.. No kidding you can make a political thread on just about anything and get flags and stars which to some means the thread was actually read... Then go look at other well written non political subjects/topics that are lucky to receive 8 to 10 flags... Now there will be someone come by and say they are not into flags and stars but the content of a thread... Good for them... However someone who takes the time to post something in a non political thread needs to be encouraged to continue doing so..otherwise they to will revert to the political dark side IMO.

Actually I enjoy some of the political threads as some information I would be totally unaware of otherwise.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
Hi,

Long-time member, short-time critic here.

You see the sites main page right now? These are the top 3 headlines:

- Breaking: The Democrats were in involved in money laundering with the former Ukrainian government
- DemocRATS Are Starting To Squirm...US Attorney Durham Has Found Something Significant
- Racist.watch: More liberal hate and voter suppression

Nothing to do with anything above top secret. Just political mud being thrown around about 1 divided country.

It really has destroyed a beautiful website that was once about ancient mysteries, ufos, ghosts, bigfoot, the Rothchilds and the bankers. I understand it brings traffic - it must, because otherwise I don't see why this stuff has not been moved to below top secret.

So, if we are so set on keeping all this political madness as our main theme, can we rename the site? I won't put forward my suggestions because I know they will offend.

You know there is no "main" page? Different bookmark for choosing, different opening pages...I start with the NEW 30 or so various topics.

Choose DESKTOP even on mobile if you choose...all start differently......

I've never seen the app nor used any mobile version...I joined, logged on, bookmarked that...as my "main" page.
*10 yrs ago...still always logged on all devices...4 total I believe

Peace
edit on 23-10-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Big election looming would be my guess as to why. ATS's political stories are all stories the media doesn't run so someone has to. Regarding UFO's, aliens, etc., I've seen more of that on here lately than I have since 2015.

If you focus on the threads you want to see instead of the threads you don't want to see, you'd see that there is still plenty of mystery and otherworldly threads on ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I started thinking ATS was just as much under a controlling thumb as anything else, but that's not a conspiracy that gets any welcome here.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
What's the biggest conspiracy?

Trump, the Republicans and the Democrats, the media and the corporations are all the same.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Avoiding political topics here is so simple as to be obvious. Simply click on "forums" and pick the forums that contain the topics you are interested in. It really is as simple as changing the channel on TV.

This same discussion has been posted many times in recent months and discussed to death, over and over again. Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join