It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says 'no need' to restart Syria offensive after deadline expires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Breaking news from Turkey as the Ceasefire has ended a few hours ago.

Looks like the Turks are saying no more military offensive is necessary into Syria !!

Apparently the Kurds have moved into areas not in Turkey's "interests" !!

Maybe The Trump plan is working ?? 😎

Let's see who "Blinks" first !! 👀🤵✍

Turkey says 'no need' to restart Syria offensive after deadline expires

The US told Turkey that Syrian Kurdish forces withdrawal is 'completed,' according to Ankara

Turkey said on Wednesday there was "no need" to restart its offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria, saying that it had been informed by the US that their withdrawal from the border areas had been "completed."

"At this stage, there is no need to carry out a new operation," the defence ministry said in a statement. A US-brokered deal had set a 120-hour deadline for Kurdish fighters' pull out from a proposed safe zone, which expired at 1900 GMT.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I was just reading about this. It looks like Putin came to the rescue and hammered out a deal so the fighting will not start back up.

Turkey, Russia reach deal for YPG move out of Syria border area

The announcement was made after marathon talks in Sochi between Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday, hours before a United States-brokered five-day truce between Turkish and Kurdish-led forces was due to expire.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I was just reading about this. It looks like Putin came to the rescue and hammered out a deal so the fighting will not start back up.

Turkey, Russia reach deal for YPG move out of Syria border area

The announcement was made after marathon talks in Sochi between Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday, hours before a United States-brokered five-day truce between Turkish and Kurdish-led forces was due to expire.

Cant wait for some posters to try and spin this and praise Putin for keeping the peace in one hand while also blaming him for trump and/or him and trump colluding.

You cant make this stuff up

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

As usual, from this site, there is a complete lack of any ability whatsoever to see what has actually transpired over the last month or so.

It's not about Trump, and it's not about Putin. Both of whom are complete #@#%ing a$$holes, I might add.

THE US LOST. Get that?. THE US LOST AND RUSSIA WON. The US MIC/CIA was outplayed by Russia, end of story. I know people here want it to be about Trump and or Putin but in fact it's actually about all the other people on the ground and advisors that won this, so get your head out of it and wake up.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

As usual, from this site, there is a complete lack of any ability whatsoever to see what has actually transpired over the last month or so.

It's not about Trump, and it's not about Putin. Both of whom are complete #@#%ing a$$holes, I might add.

THE US LOST. Get that?. THE US LOST AND RUSSIA WON. The US MIC/CIA was outplayed by Russia, end of story. I know people here want it to be about Trump and or Putin but in fact it's actually about all the other people on the ground and advisors that won this, so get your head out of it and wake up.

How was the US ever going to win? Being stuck in some Middle-Eastern sh!thole country forever is not any kind of "win."

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
no war is still a good thing right?
yay

right?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

THE US LOST. Get that?. THE US LOST AND RUSSIA WON. The US MIC/CIA was outplayed by Russia, end of story.

So you support bloodshed & destruction for economic gain? Lost what exactly?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I simply disagree. The U.S. cant lose to Russia anymore than a lion can lose to a puppy. Russia is no threat to us.

The only thing we had to lose was the lives of soldiers who should never have been there.

Trump got us out of a quagmire. Be happy.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
nvm

edit on p20191431America/Chicago22p20191431 by LookingAtMars because: got kicked in middle of post so not going to post it

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

So you support bloodshed & destruction for economic gain?

WOW, based on what I wrote, that's a really embarrassing strawman of a question.

Lost what exactly?

Bloody hell, I'll spell it out for you shall I;

Give me a C, give me an O, give me an n, give me a t, give me an r, give me an o, give me an l, what does it spell;

CONTROL

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

The US didn't loose, they just gave on their ideals

The only ones losing in this are the Kurds and I suspect, after this little deal Putin made with Erdogan, the crimean tatars...

One "terrorist group" for an other "terrorist group" kind of deal.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The US had no control in Syria in fact quite the opposite. The Kurds had control over their troops the advisors simply trained them. Truth is its just a matter of time until assad removes them. There is nothing the US could do to prevent this short of sending 10s of thousand troops to fight back the syrian army.

To make things worse with Russian support thousands of US troops would die. There is nothing in Syria for the US. It has zero strategic value. Then the other problem like it or not Turkey is a major player in NATO. We cant start killing Turkeys troops which is where we would have to go if we stay and continue to back the Kurds.

The Kurdish fighters will attack Turkey its not a case of if but when. And like it or not i see Turkeys point of view on this. What if a group hostile to the US was taking up military positions on the Mexican border? This is whats happened to Turkey they have a group hostile to them on the border and its just a matter of time before that fight starts.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The US had no control in Syria

In a sense that's partially true.

The US had some control over the proxy terrorist organisations it was funding, including it's pet ISIS. The sole aim of these groups was to overthrow Assad so that the US could attempt to install a Sunni based political group that would NOT be aligned with Iran.

I find it difficult to comprehend that such basic facts have been forgotten in such a short period of time.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I agree while Putin does seem much more competent than Trump with handling the situation, it seems like a hit to U.S. interests in the long run. We will have to see what happens! China and Russia could work together to become an interesting threat.
edit on 22pmTue, 22 Oct 2019 21:14:27 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

The US had no control in Syria

In a sense that's partially true.

The US had some control over the proxy terrorist organisations it was funding, including it's pet ISIS. The sole aim of these groups was to overthrow Assad so that the US could attempt to install a Sunni based political group that would NOT be aligned with Iran.

I find it difficult to comprehend that such basic facts have been forgotten in such a short period of time.

Overthrowing Asssad was a longshot at best from the beginning, he was too entrenched and enjoys strong backing from Russia who isn't gonna lose its toehold in the region nor its buyer of military hardware among other things. The MIC has plenty of countries to sell its wares to it is just not going to be the huge sellers market it has been.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Pelosi and Schiff will take credit for any successes. They've been working their magic via Jordan somehow.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

We will have to see what happens! China and Russia could work together to become an interesting threat.

Which is exactly why Trump wanted good relations with Russia---he knew he was going to address the imbalance with China and didn't want Russia to cozy up to them. China loving globalists can't have any of that!

Anyone who screams, parrots I should say, "RUSSIA!" but fails to address our only current threat, China, is either uninformed, a hypocrite, or a globalist who sees China's mix of capitalism & communism as the role model for future control of the population.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hopefully the humans will stop killing each other.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

The US didn't loose, they just gave on their ideals

The only ones losing in this are the Kurds and I suspect, after this little deal Putin made with Erdogan, the crimean tatars...

One "terrorist group" for an other "terrorist group" kind of deal.

Peace

One man's terrorist is another man's oppressed freedom fighter.

It all depends on whose ox is getting gored.

Just like always.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes, and now that Trump is in charge, thankfully, no more nation building/regime change wars.

I personally think that his first act in Syria after taking office, with respect to the missiles he fired after the fake gas attack, was a mistake, but more importantly, I think he does too now,

top topics

join