It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people pick up their dogs poop?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

I did a big no no a few years back. I was feeding the fish in my pond almost on a daily basis. Well, one day I went down to the pond and it was covered with a huge black floating mass of a gelatinous substance. Turned out to be tadpoles. The darn fish had stopped eating them, and would come running in rippling waves, the moment they felt the vibrations as I walked to the pond. I stopped feeding them and they went back to eating the tadpoles, but not soon enough, I still had a plague like mass of frogs later on.

I have tons of frogs, bobcat, an occasional Florida panther, and lately, way too many coyotes. Wild turkeys, sand cranes, herons, eagles, hawks, and owls I don't mind. Those darn wood peckers, squirrels, and blue jays, are a darn nuisance, and the wild boar are a true menace.

I have far more woods than neighbors, so I try to live in harmony with them all, two legged and four legged alike. Believe it or not, it is much easier to get along with the four legged than the two legged ones.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My dog eats and certainly lives better than I, also love the little guy but honestly there's not a chance in hell I'll be picking up his turds, lol, even carry a baggy with some sand in it to make it look like I picked it up lol, I'll pay the fine.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
My dog eats and certainly lives better than I, also love the little guy but honestly there's not a chance in hell I'll be picking up his turds, lol, even carry a baggy with some sand in it to make it look like I picked it up lol, I'll pay the fine.

If you don't want to pick up your dogs turd, do you think someone else wants to?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Man....I used to do commercial landscaping. Some of the places we worked had "dog walks". And we had to weed eat that area. I called it a mine fiend. If you didn't angle the weed eater just right, you was gonna have dog crap slung all over your face. I hated it. I hated the people who didn't pick up the crap even more. If I had known who they was and their apartment numbers, I would have left some in their doorways.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just to give you an idea how serious the problem can be. I edit and proof apartment complex newsletters and some of them have articles stipulating that one of the conditions of dog ownership is a poo sample submitted to the office for DNA testing. That way, if they catch a pile of crap left out and not picked up, they test it and can nail any complex culprits.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I know nobody wants to but this is unheard of in my days man, picking up crap. Lol. As kids we used to poke a stick into the big ones and flick them at each other, fun times, now get over here my dog just pooped. Lol
edit on 22-10-2019 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
... and my dog pooped right in front of the steps to a church.

I'll one-up you. A church was built right next to my home. The people that attended that church had zero respect for me or my property.

I trained my dog to take a dump right at the front entrance of that church. Probably took a dump there four or five times/wk.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My doggie bro is really insecure about pooping out in the open, unless I squat and drop one first right next to him. I hope I've pooped on your sidewalk.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I know nobody wants to but this is unheard of in my days man, picking up crap.

Actually, you bring up a good point. I had to think about it, but growing up, I don't ever recall anyone ever picking up the dump Fido left, and I don't recall anyone ever complaining about it.

I wonder when this stance changed, exactly?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This little skit should reasonably answer you question as to why.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Why on earth do people get pets if they can't or refuse to take care of them?

The same argument could be made for people's children!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL!! Seriously??????

They actually spend the money to have a DNA test run on someone's dog's poop?

Forgive the expression, but that's pretty "anal"!!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I know nobody wants to but this is unheard of in my days man, picking up crap.

Actually, you bring up a good point. I had to think about it, but growing up, I don't ever recall anyone ever picking up the dump Fido left, and I don't recall anyone ever complaining about it.

I wonder when this stance changed, exactly?

It was when populations decided they didn't want dog poop on the streets. If I remember correctly it was late 90s or early Aughts.
Of course (at least in my state), we've progressed from laws about dog poop to excusing human feces on the same streets.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL!! Seriously??????

They actually spend the money to have a DNA test run on someone's dog's poop?

Forgive the expression, but that's pretty "anal"!!

It makes perfect sense to me, especially if it's a reoccurring problem;

...Nearly 3,000 apartments, mostly in North America, have signed up for the service, which costs $50 for the initial DNA test and $75 per sample. Costs of the tests are passed along, Retinger explained, in the form of fines to the “poo-petrators.”

...Dog-owners at [Timberwood Commons, a 252-apartment complex, in Lebanon, New Hampshire], are given a $50 fine the first time, $100 for the second, and $200 for the third. After that, the complex will ask the offending mutt and owner to move out — something Violette has had to do only once.

...“After three strikes, it’s like, it’s not working, and we really don’t want you to stay if you can’t pick up after your dog,” Violette said. “Most people get it, but there is usually one or two people who just can’t seem to figure out we mean business.”

Source (BBC)

I also absolutely agree with the cat sentiments - why fine dog owners for fouling public land, but cats are free to roam and 'go' wherever they feel like it, including private gardens and veggie patches? Why do they get a free ride?

I'm an animal lover, but something has to give, 🤷🏻‍♂️

top topics

<< 1   >>

join