It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top diplomat in Ukraine gave "damning" testimony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Republican's #1 agenda is to do whatever it takes to keep Democrats out of office. Why now is it bad that Democrats join their own version of that quest?

Ummm, no, 'whatever it takes' is strictly a leftist mantra.

Sure, Rs want to keep as many Dems out as possible, but they aren't resorting to fake Russia fake Abuse of Power fake News etc to accomplish the goal, they simply point out the differences in policies...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

The system was fine for 200 years and then the Democrats decided the we needed to do something new because ... progress or something. Who needs to follow precedent and stuff, amirite? ORANGE MAN BAD!

Didnt you hear? Trump asked Ukraine to look into how currupt Biden is. We know it's bad but Trump wants to know how bad.

So obviously Trump needs immediate impeachment over whatever new thing they can come up with to make sure it interferes in the next election.

The thing that blows my mind is there is 1 single American that believes Nancy and Schiff? Who is voting for these insane people for 35 terms now?

ATS poll, is there one member that will admit to it?

Lolz🤪
edit on 22-10-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Extorris
Sidenote: I do find it an embarrassingly not-credible complaint. The GOP shouted right away that if Congress was serious about an inquiry they should do it behind closed doors and discretely, not publicly where it could be politicized.

Eh?!?! Wtf are you yammering about now? I've never heard one of these guys say anything remotely like that. Methinks you are confusing a radical dem for a GOP member.

Either way. The Public can review it all for themselves when Articles of Impeachment are voted on.

Again, that isn't how it works.

Either the House votes to initiate an inquiry, or it is a private investigation of a few rogue House members, nothing more.

And historical precedent says it should all be in the open.

Historical precedent says no such thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

Where does The Constitution give the House authority to bypass The Constitution and declare themselves a Judicial Branch ?

Impeachment isn't a judicial process, it's a political process. You don't even have to have committed a crime to get impeached.

Just remember all this when this kangaroo process is used to remove the next Democrat to take office with a Republican House.

I don't have to. I remember that time when the House impeached a Democrat for lying about a blow job.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just heard on CNN that a house impeachment vote has been pushed back until after Christmas if ever. The Witnesses are not panning out the way Adam shiff hoped they would.

No, just that the evidence is snowballing, so it would be too soon to hold one what with the amount of information/evidence still pouring in.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Read the opening statement (15 pages) here:

Opening statement of Ambassador William B. Taylor

Also:

The senior U.S. diplomat in Ukraine told lawmakers Tuesday that President Trump made the release of military aid contingent on public declarations from Ukraine that it would investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election, contradicting Trump’s denial that he used the money as leverage for political gain.

edit on 22-10-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: carewemust

Just heard on CNN that a house impeachment vote has been pushed back until after Christmas if ever. The Witnesses are not panning out the way Adam shiff hoped they would.

No, just that the evidence is snowballing, so it would be too soon to hold one what with the amount of information/evidence still pouring in.

So we should leave him in office to start WW3 by waiting to make the impeachment official and transparent?

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xtrozero

It looks like Pelosi and shiff are going to have to come up with a new whistleblower, or fabricate some other fake accusations against President Trump.

Their strategy seems to be trying to keep Trump as busy as possible next year, so he can't focus on his campaigning. They under estimate his stamina.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Entirely different. It was all out in the open and Democrats were allowed to participate in the proceedings. There were also votes to formalize it. It was carried out exactly the same way Nixon's went.

Only this time do we have a Democrat exclusive, closed door proceeding with no votes of any kind called by two individuals, not the whole House or even a committee of the House.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I don't really trust my government that much. I would prefer someone appointed by a homeless person to do these investigations or inquires. Our government is turning into one big sh!t show.

I would like these hearings or whatever they are calling them today be on television for all to see. Would also like to have people from the public present.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Too funny just too funny

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xtrozero

It looks like Pelosi and shiff are going to have to come up with a new whistleblower, or fabricate some other fake accusations against President Trump.

OK, this is just getting pathetic. I wouldn't piss on CNN if their hair was on fire, but if they actually reported this

CNN didn't report that. Carewemust did.

If an impeachment vote is held it will be when the House feels the evidence they have collected warrants it.

Most people think they already have all the evidence they need. Trump released the transcript, His Chief of Staff confessed on national television etc. but I don't begrudge thoroughness.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't understand how anything will come of this. It's just like the russia thing. It's a waste of our time and money. These people need to do their jobs and stop the crap.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

But we had a statement from the same guy = just a few days back - that said there was no QPQ?

So - who got to him?

You are confused.

Their was a trio tasked with the Shadow Ukraine Diplomacy aka Quid Pro Quo delivery team (Sondland, Taylor and Rudy as Trump's representative)

Sondland was deposed a couple of days ago. (Will be invited back to clean up apparently incomplete or false testimony after today)

Taylor was today.

Rudy has refused all subpoenas and will likely just wait until the Feds get around to arresting him.

edit on 22-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

These people need to do their jobs and stop the crap.

They *are* doing their jobs.

One of which is to honor the oath they took.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Extorris
Either way. The Public can review it all for themselves when Articles of Impeachment are voted on.

In other words, just like passing a bill to see what's in it.

Laughable you support this non-version of due process.

Yep 8 months of committee hearings, amendments, changes and rewrites, so secret that health care bill was.

Take a look at the GOP tax bill that was passed after Trump came in. Now that was done in secret. Locked in a basement and no one allowed to view.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
The media and the Democrats are brain dead. We all heard or read the transcript. There was a quid but no quo. Sorry, no one that has an actual ability to comprehend the English language and what words mean when used in a sentence or sentences is buying this garbage.

You guys better move onto your next manure patty to throw at the old barn door.

It wasn't a transcript. It was the White House "summarizing" what they say the transcript says. And the WH also says that wind turbines cause cancer. The WH, except of course Mulvany, says no quid pro quo. So, I'd like to know exactly what Taylor said.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Scream all you want....the majority of Americans are SICK of it.

No, the majority of Americans want him impeached and removed according to Fox and the rest of the polls.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence I didn't know their job was to waste time with pointless investigations. I wish I had that job.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

Where does The Constitution give the House authority to bypass The Constitution and declare themselves a Judicial Branch ?

Impeachment isn't a judicial process, it's a political process. You don't even have to have committed a crime to get impeached.

Just remember all this when this kangaroo process is used to remove the next Democrat to take office with a Republican House.

Perhaps you should remember all of this when the next Democrat to take office extorts foreign countries withholding Congressionaly Appropriated and Desperately Needed Military Aid from our allies in exchange for help with their re-election campaign.

The right wing is working very, very hard to legitimize that outrageous Abuse of Power and Constitutional Duty that so far has only existed in 3rd world dictatorships.

When your head is clear, maybe you can weigh that against a politician having an affair (which the GOP found sufficient to Impeach a Dem Potus) and make a determination which is more destructive to the future of the country.

edit on 22-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join