It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Kids & LBGTQ Parents

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Hmmm ... puts me in mind of Galatians 3:28 (NIV):

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

yeh It is confusing when we look at science , and see science slowly shifting back to a spiritual outlook , Slowly slowly

then we have things like the hermetic principles

there is the feminine and masculine in all of us , and we are not separate but one

if only we all thought that way , we wouldnt have all these issues

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

yeh It is confusing when we look at science , and see science slowly shifting back to a spiritual outlook , Slowly slowly

then we have things like the hermetic principles

there is the feminine and masculine in all of us , and we are not separate but one

if only we all thought that way , we wouldnt have all these issues

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

That was a really fascinating post. It left me scratching my head, as well I'm sure you felt the same. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

That was a really fascinating post. It left me scratching my head, as well I'm sure you felt the same. Thanks!

Thank you Wookie, I spend a lot of time bemused and confused these days.

I completely understand the concerns and fears that many of you have brought forward into the discussion, I merely want us all to see that everyone's rights can be sacrosanct.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I think the important thing to understand here, is that we are all human. MOST people, whether on the left, or right have good intentions. I cannot begin to explain the how's or why's that young man felt the way they did. But I cannot help, as a human being from feeling sympathy for them.

With that being said, I think it would be pretty accurate to say that most people just want children to be allowed to be children. I don't deep down believe that anyone, actually wants to block the rights of another individual.

It comes down to what may be harming our children. It's inherint in human society to protect the women and children. It's always been that way!

I think most people just want to leave life-changing decisions up for the individual/child to decide when they are developed and/or experienced enough in life to do so. There are no amplitude of "experts and professionals", whom should be awarded that right beyond the individual whom is experiencing this form of suffering.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

There's nothing in your post that I can't agree with.

There are a few things I would want to reiterate though ... no child to my knowledge is given puberty blockers at age 7.

No child is given any therapy or treatments outside a medical setting involving doctors, psychiatrists and usually social workers.

If a kid IS trans, delaying the onset of puberty dramatically increases the success of later transitional therapies.

I'd be glad to see us as a society come up with logical and reasonable solutions that cover all areas of concern as well as possible.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Boadicea

The only thing that is generally true is that nothing is generally true.

That's the fundamental paradox of human language.

That's true. Very true.

I don't understand the reality of the whole trans/non-binary/gender fluid experience. I am a man that enjoys being a man who likes men. I have no idea how a woman feels to be a woman. I literally cannot imagine what it would be like to feel in the depths of my body and soul that I am not what my body tells me I am. I can't; I've tried.

I've tried as well. The closest I can come -- in theory -- is a caterpillar that just knows it was meant to be a butterfly or a grub that just knows it's meant to be a dragonfly... I am much more successful (at least in my own mind) if I think in terms of reincarnation in which someone intuitively recalls their life/lives as the opposite sex, or some kind of cell memory in which the mother's/father's cell memories (so to speak) are passed on to the child.

But that's not how I think... not how I approach life and the world. If my son had come to me and said, "Mommy, I like dolls and pink, so I must be a girl," I would have told him, "But you're a boy and you like dolls and pink, so those people who say only girls like those things must be wrong. We know boys can like those things too because you're a boy and you like them." My son would have been good with that. I don't understand believing otherwise.

That seems like hell on earth though. How would it feel to know or believe in your heart that you are in the wrong body?

Betrayed?

Feeling betrayed by your body I can definitely understand!!! Not for the same reasons, but I definitely know how it feels to have your body work against you. I would expect this is fairly common among women and girls. Moreso than men, simply because the female body is more involved, so there is more to manage on a daily basis, AND more to go wrong. In a rather ironic way, I think this is why women generally speaking began as allies in the trans rights fight -- because we do understand how the body can betray us and make our lives a living hell -- but eventually realize that it's not a level comparison. Especially for those of us who just wish and hope and pray for a body that's healthy and whole and functions properly, only to see our needs dismissed and demeaned in the most dehumanizing ways by those who do have healthy and whole and properly functioning bodies and do not appreciate their healthy bodies.

I'll be the first to admit, I know some snotty little gay boys and non-gender-confirming brats that I'd just like to smack (metaphorically). I got introduced a few years ago into the trans/non-binary community because I got into a screaming match with a kid over proper pronoun use. He called me a cisgendered asshole.

I didn't even know what cisgendered meant at the time. I couldn't disagree with the asshole part in good conscience though.

His claim was that he was mis-gendered every day and it hurt him SO BAD.

I asked him what he meant by "misgendered." His answer was that some days he felt more masculine, some days more feminine and some days he just wandered in an androgynous wonderland I guess.

My question was ... how could I or anyone else possibly know what he/she/they were feeling that day? If he didn't know himself where he would find himself on the wildly resonnating ribbon of identity and gender and sex and orientation and ... yadda yadda ya ... how the hell should anyone else???

That's when he lost his stuff completely, called me an a-hole, and stormed off to the other side of the party.

Wow. That had to be a "WTF just happened???" moment. You didn't deserve that... and if he had given you half a chance, you probably could have had a good conversation and shared some hard-earned wisdom with him... so, basically, his loss and he'll never even know it.

I think this is a big part of the problem in the bigger picture though, in that too many of the younger generations are incapable of thinking things through, finding inconsistencies and contradictions, and reconciling facts and feelings. And this is compounded by ridiculous thoughts and ideas introduced into the mush. Without critical thinking skills, with no process of elimination and/or confirmation, anything is "possible."

For me, it's impossible to be born in the wrong body. It just is what it is. This is the body I have, it's not right or wrong, it just is. All the gender nonsense is just that -- non-sense. Pink (and all shades of red) is my favorite color... is it because I have lady brain? Or some kind of "pink gene"? No. I just really like the color. And it doesn't mean I don't like other colors -- I love them all! I love colors so much that I had a rainbow wedding. My maid of honor was in pink (of course!) and my other bridesmaids were in every color of the rainbow. It was beautiful. I was told that "wasn't done", and it wasn't easy to pull off in that we had to sew all the dresses ourselves, and we made the bouquets with carnations we dyed ourselves to match the dresses, and so on.

Just as I refused to let my wedding theme be limited or dictated by what others deemed acceptable or proper or whatever, no one's "gender identity" should be limited or dictated by what others deem acceptable or proper gender norms and stereotypes. Honestly, I can't even believe such norms and stereotypes are still a thing. That shocks me even more than people who think they are born in the wrong body. Because, logically speaking, if one accepts those gender norms and stereotypes, but knows they don't work for themselves, then the next logical step is to think you've been born in the wrong body.

I still don't know the answer, or even if I can know it.

And that's the bottom line: We cannot know or fully understand what is in the hearts and minds of others, no matter how much we want to or how much we try. So our challenge is to find the best ways to allow everyone to live their lives as they so choose -- gender norms and stereotypes be damned!!! -- without stepping on anyone else's toes in the process.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
because of my post earlier about the spirituality and how science appears to be slowly crawling back to the mind before matter reality

and with the hermetic principles etc.

I think that the trans issue , has to do with reincarnation, on some level

and that people who are born into a shell
maybe have been born into the wrong one , or they still feel so strongly about their previous life
they feel it like they need to be it .

Maybe there is something going wrong with reincarnation and souls are going into the wrong shells

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
because of my post earlier about the spirituality and how science appears to be slowly crawling back to the mind before matter reality

and with the hermetic principles etc.

I've been thinking about this in terms of astrological principles -- very similar philosophies, especially in terms of archetypes.

I think that the trans issue , has to do with reincarnation, on some level

and that people who are born into a shell
maybe have been born into the wrong one , or they still feel so strongly about their previous life
they feel it like they need to be it .

Maybe there is something going wrong with reincarnation and souls are going into the wrong shells

There might be something to this. For some, they may need the experience of living in a certain body for their spiritual growth and progress, but not feel comfortable living this life, or just are afraid of and avoiding the lessons they need to learn. As one example, a soul who lived as a misogynist in previous lives must now reap its karma as a female might try to cheat their fate by transitioning to a man.

It could also be -- as I believe Edgar Cayce once stated -- that souls are returning too quickly, and recklessly assuming bodies/lives that are not a good fit for them and do not fit their soul's path.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

When I was younger and more whimsical, I sometimes compared LGBT+ people to the Native concepts gathered together in the early 90s into the phrase "Two-Spirit."

Toss a little bit of Jung in there and you've enough material for hours of ... altered ... conversations.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ahhhh... whimsy. I remember whimsy. I miss feeling whimsical. I wonder when I started feeling more cynical than whimsical?

I guess age (and experience) does that to ya, eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I so agree with you so many levels, but.... Yeah, I hate that pesky "but", it kind of erases everything I said with whatever follows.

I am feeling a bit raw right now because I spent the good part of the day in a meeting with some of my younger colleagues.

I find it challenging to communicate with them because they just do not think the way I do. While I understand the problem and I try to be more understanding, it is a bit harder for them to grasp that it is okay to disagree. They are way too accepting of something just because someone told them that it is the right way to do something. If they have been taught to do a procedure, they see no wrong in doing it, even if the desired outcome is unlikely or impossible, because every protocol does not fit every event.

I do things because they are medically sound, prudent, needed, and appropriate. They do things because protocol says that is what you do. When I explain that protocol is the safety net for why you so something, when you don't know what the hell you are doing, they think that I am just a crazy old lady.

Our children are being taught to believe and to do, they are discouraged from knowing why? So it is very hard to to teach them to live their lives as they choose, when someone else is telling what to choose. So, it is no surprise that many may be confused when choices they have been led to believe is normal and right, turn out for them to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm fine with homosexual marriage, that's no problem.

But I have a problem with homosexual couples adopting children.

Some are good, nice people, and so on, but they might still, without intending to, seriously mess up innocent children who know nothing of the world, nothing of life, beyond their parents.

When a child grows up with homosexual parents, it looks to them as a normal thing, to be with the same sex, and marry the same sex. However, the odds are this child will be attracted to the opposite sex, and he/she may think it is NOT normal to like the opposite sex, and try to avoid it, since he/she thinks it is not a 'normal' thing.

The child will not know what to believe, or not believe, why he/she has same sex parents, he/she will later realize they are not his real parents. Or one of them, who did it to raise a child with his homosexual partner, afterwards. Not from a couple who were in love and had a child. He/she would wonder why he/she, of all his/her friends, is the only one with same sex parents. He/she is taunted, and hurt, with insults. Kids can be very cruel to other kids, at times, and this would be one of those times.

Homosexual couples can be good, fine people, who harm nobody, and love children, I'm not saying otherwise. But they shouldn't raise children, because the child will be confused, tormented in school, and hate his life, hate his 'parents', and no child should go through hell, just because a same sex couple wants to raise a child.

It's scary, to see so much of it, today. I fear what we'll see in about 10-20 years time.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That is so sad and discouraging to hear... but at the same time, it does explain much and put somethings in a clearer perspective. It seems to go back to the definition of "gender" and whether or not one embraces or rejects the norms and stereotypes that go with it.

So if kids -- or anyone -- starts with acceptance of society's gender norms and stereotypes as the default, and someone doesn't conform to those norms and stereotypes, then they must be transgender. Don't question the premise!!!

If one starts with the acceptance of norms as just norms and commonalities, but not written in stone, then one's gender does not have to change. No need to be transgender... just be themselves.

I'm probably being rather simplistic, but there is a logic or a rhyme and a reason at least when one looks at it this way.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Simplistic is under rated.

I try very hard to reduce must things to their simplest form.

A brick shanty house or a brick cathedral, both are constructed with the same basic materials. How you stack them is what determines the outcome.

Image what this world would look like if everything and everybody had to look the same to be accepted or allowed.

The Creator doesn't seem to place a lot of favor on sameness. Though it is believed that everything on Earth started with the exact same building materials, the end products are amazingly different. Right down to each snowflake. No pun intended.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There's a social contagion aspect to this gender dysphoria that no one is really wanting to address. We all want to be compassionate, but we're losing our minds doing it.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Simplistic is under rated.

I try very hard to reduce must things to their simplest form.

I'm not the only one!!! I'm in good company

The Creator doesn't seem to place a lot of favor on sameness. Though it is believed that everything on Earth started with the exact same building materials, the end products are amazingly different. Right down to each snowflake. No pun intended.

Exactly. "God is no respecter of persons." We are becoming increasingly shallow and superficial in our thinking and attitudes. And not just in transgender issues. We are all unique individuals, no two exactly alike -- just like snowflakes -- and no need or value in being exactly alike.

And that's what our Constitutional Republic was created to protect: The absolute and inalienable Natural rights of each and every one of us equally and equitably under the law. The individual... the smallest minority.

No mob rule. No one-size-fits-all. No need to conform.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Addressing several fake claims here:

Claiming opinions are facts because one repeatedly says so not a valid argument.

It is generally true to claim that there are two sexes, but as we learn more scientifically we learn that what is generally true is an approximation. Numbers and types of chromosomes are normal but there are variations on the norm.

Yes, and those variations as you call them are quite simply birth defects. Birth defects are a fact of life, and no amount of PC tiptoing around it changes the reality.

Someone who suffers from a birth defect, if it is extreme, may deserve our sympathy and compassion, and certainly don't deserve ridicule or condemnation.

Just don't try to tell me the birth defect isn't a birth defect. It dishonors the truth.

Gender is associated but not the same as sex.

No. Gender is merely a way to describe things - not people - that are associated with one or the other sex.

"Being a man or woman" is a statement about gender

No. A man is male. That is his sex. A woman is female. That is her sex. Please stop with the PC crap.

Gender identity is how we EXPERIENCE our own gender. A trans identity basically implies that a person's experienced gender is not the same as their physiological sex.

I've never seen anyone here dispute that. Yes, gender dysphoria is a real mental illness.

Repeating that a male cannot become female at this point in our technological development is true but unnecessary in general and specifically in some cases just plain rude.

Again - please stop with the PC crap. It is not rude. it is reality.

Claiming that a man cannot become a woman is merely a belief that is not supported by medical fact.

Oh... really...

By all means, enlighten us. Show us that historical medical procedure where a man became a woman, or vice versa, and that is being used to transform men into women or vice versa, today.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hadriana
a reply to: projectvxn

There's a social contagion aspect to this gender dysphoria that no one is really wanting to address. We all want to be compassionate, but we're losing our minds doing it.

It's just another avenue for Marxists to continue destabilizing the US by taking the cognitive liberties away from individuals.

How? "Trans women are women", "Any gender can get their period", "Female penis", "Biological men don't have to be told they are engaging in sexual activity with another biological man", "trans kids can make their own decisions about transition". They drive these things home until all the useful idiots are making these same noises with their mouths.

Once that happens, it's policy time. We're seeing it in Europe, the UK, Canada, and now here.

I'm not surprised by any of this considering the global reach of Marxist organizations and the similarity between all of these movements across the Western World.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join