It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Mencho’s Jalisco New Generation Cartel the CJNG Defeats Mexican Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Over the weekend the Mexican Army was utterly defeated by the Sinaloa cartel. The news didn't cover it much. Nothing to see here... The Army was outgunned by the cartel and were forced to release El Chapo's son and run for their lives. What is interesting is that the Army was out-gunned in a nation with only ONE gun store in all of Mexico.

In the picture below, the guys with machine guns are members of El Mencho’s Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG). That's not the military, that's the bad guys. Very BAD guys. And if it looks like they are well-uniformed and well-equipped it is because they are.

In the first half of 2019, there were 17,608 murders. That's 94 people being killed every single day. Last year saw a total of 33,341, making it the bloodiest year on record, but this year is set to be the most violent of all time.

My point? Disarming law-abiding citizens does nothing to stop violence. It makes it worse. Don't believe me? Ask Mexicans. Or, just look at the mass of illegal immigration on our Southern Border. Just something to think about .

Those weapons were likely stolen from the Mexican government. Bribes were paid and people guarding the weapons depots likely just cleared the way for the cartel to come in and get them. I guarantee these machine guns did not come from some Texas gun stores.

edit on 10/22/2019 by machineintelligence because: entry error

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

please attempt to be internally consistent in your OP

the problem in these situations - is not the criminal gangs " out gunning " out classing " or " outfighting " the military - its the fact that they know where the families of locally garrisoned troops live - and can target them

these wombats [ the cartels ] - do not prevail through profesionalism training or bravery - they prevail through fear

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh sheet.

Not much news on this.

Too real maybe.
Too skeery.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I was using the dictionary definition .

out·gunned, out·gun·ning, out·guns
1. To surpass in military force.
2. To overwhelm or defeat.

There may be more than one reason and certainly being able to target their troops at home or their families but this is typical of an insurgency tactics which is what this situation is.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So who is the chubby guy in skivvies?
A govt employee that they are holding captive?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Some police chief if I recall. I looked for the reference and the page was down. It looks like the Mexican government sent in some 400 special forces to try and reinforce and counter attack. I will post a link to that one in a little while when I finish up some work.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So while everyone squawks about failed states in the Middle East and what will happen when we bring our military home. We completely ignore what sure looks to me like a failed state hard up on our southern border. Where does anyone think it more prudent for our own military to be: halfway across the world ... or on our southern border eyeballing that failed state over there?
edit on 22-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
All Mexico has to do is call in JTF2...Canada is generous with them.....Facta non Verba…..I seem to remember some tough lady who authorised an Israili retribution campaign in the distant past....more of a feud than a campaign....but it worked out just dandy as candy.....its a mercenary type of global economy now....the Mexican government is not hiring the right Contractors.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
so the drug-and-gun running from us intels r finally destabilizing mejico to that turning point?

RIP Puerto vallarte

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Does no one remember fast and furious?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
I remembered they found one of the gun walking Obama era program's guns in El Chapo's house when he was captured. They have a lot more and more military full autos now.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seems like the DOD needs to live up to the last word in it's acronym. Otherwise it should change it's name to DOO.

top topics

join