It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Rebellion Create Conditions For Precise Legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is what I thought would happen.

Specifically mentioned in the new legislation are so-called dragon's dens (when a person is secured by rope, chain or handcuffs to an anchor point inside the centre of a tube of steel), sleeping dragons (by concreting the "dragon's den" within a 44-gallon drum), monopoles and tripods.

A new offence will be created to outlaw using a dangerous attachment device to "unreasonably interfere with the ordinary operation of transport infrastructure" and comes with a maximum penalty of up to two years' jail or a fine of up to $6,672.50.

Another new offence will ban using those same devices to prevent people from entering or leaving a business or to stop it from operating, with a maximum penalty of one year's jail or a $2,669 fine.
www.abc.net.au...

I expect other countries will apply similar legislation.

I consider opposition to the next round of road building in the UK essential. Likewise nuclear plants etc. By causing problems for the general public Extinction Rebellion are garnering public support for legislation banning some of the best weapons in our arsenal.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Good...I hope they do pass legislation on this worldwide.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm quite sure that there is already laws that could control these people, but the police do not want to enforce them.
One comes to mind Criminal obstruction.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What are those human turds doing lying on the concrete in the first place? If their goal is to annoy people then I suppose they are successful.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I'm quite sure that there is already laws that could control these people, but the police do not want to enforce them.
One comes to mind Criminal obstruction.

Disturbing the peace is another one the police can use. This group has been brainwashed and is being steered and funded by the people they should really be targeting. If they were really wanting to save the planet, they would be targeting the fracking companies, the weapons facilities, the big corporations who dump their waste in rivers, the bio-weapons labs that weaponise diseases for warfare or population reduction. Are they stopping private limos for vip's or MPs? Or private jets carrying only a handful of people?
edit on 23-10-2019 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

They have delayed me several times when I was on foot or on a bicycle. One time they were getting out of a hired diesel van, presumably having just returned from London. They were standing around in a dreamy state hugging each other, they acted like they were all on mushrooms. They looked pityingly at the surrounding people as if we were less than them and mindlessly impeded pedestrian traffic.

I now think they have been created specifically to bring in legislation against effective methods of protest in time for the next round of road building. Soon I think we will be told that the private bankers fiat currency tree suddenly fruited and we can have all those roads that have been planned and talked about for decades. More houses, industrial estates and shopping centres will follow, and the roads will be full.

Targeting the public with disruptive tactics will make the conversation about disruption rather than environmental issues.

twitter.com...

There are endless stories about Extinction Rebellion luvvies flying to exotic locations for hedonistic purposes. I gave up flying in 1975 for environmental reasons. Perhaps I should have locked myself to a pink catamaran on their front doorsteps to teach them to care for the environment. For some reason I didn't think of it at the time.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
They are brainwashed manipulated self important idiots being used as pawns in the big game of population control and carbon tax implementation. They have fallen for the newly manufactured religion of saving the planet, but like all religious fanatics they pick and choose the bits that suit them and what they have been told to be against, rather looking at the real problems that the planet is facing like the pollution I mentioned earlier or the man made cause of deadly algae blooms containing cyanotoxins.

new topics

top topics

join