It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Assange appears confused at extradition hearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
There are many angles with regards to the Julian Assange story.. If he is expedited to the USA his lawyers will be able to pull stuff/testimonies from some agencies of U.S.A. that I would assume they would want buried forever..

When I read this article my first thought was they are probably drugging him (food ,water) into a mindless state of being.. Sorry but I would not put anything past the capability of any government against the enemy of a state..

LONDON (Reuters) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange appeared confused at a London court hearing on Monday, struggling to recall his name and age in his first public appearance in months as he sought to fight extradition to the United States.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

my vote = acting confused for " reasons "

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

my vote = acting confused for " reasons "

Hmm, maybe the next one will be falling down and fainting. Good ploy in court, which I have seen on occasions. Case adjourned, Free trip to hospital and perhaps a feed. Medical examination. Nice bed. Fussed over etc.

Some Oscar winning performances to be seen by some who attend court knowing they are guilty.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

When will the actual war criminals have their day in court?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I’m betting he is playing the insanity card as part of his legal defense

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It's reported he said he did not understand the process. This is from a person who has used every legal avenue and ploy over the last few years, not least in his original (failed) extradition to Sweden. He's got a very competent Queen's Coucel working for him, so would expect Assange is well briefed and informed on "the process".

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes, but it hasnt stopped the very real spying being done by Google on your mobile device, you can fight it yourself by removing the Google App's and installing the BusyBox library and an alternative browser like IceCat.

Spying on us all with the Workers Party technology, whatever will idiots think of next!

If you don't know then you don't know, why not take the time to research the "COMMUNIST PARTY" and "Computer Technology".

Stallman is a Communist, the GNU = G is NOT UNIX in other-word's G = Geometry!

Walt Disney - Communist, George Lucas - Communist, think about it = Star Wars - The Empire vs The Rebellion! Duh!!!

You see years ago the Party had a glorious goal, the repatriation of the entire worlds wealth, during the financial crisis, they hacked into Party lines with the help of the Soviet's and the UK, RUSSIA and AMERICA got FAT!!!

Now the party based in the Ukraine has pursued the Russians screaming "High Treason!" the UK and AMERICA is #ting bricks, because now they have over a million people in the online world, going, hold on... This is COMMUNISM!

The poor people vs the fat bank's and there huge bonus! There decadent capitalism and there 33 Billion Pound divorce bill from a Union.

Unity, Unions & Communism!

Inside your mobile phone is a SIM ME Lock, inside your Intel CPU is a ME Lock, starting to see the pattern, ready to be sick into a bucket?

Welcome to communism, "comrades!" One solution = Revolution!

edit on 22-10-2019 by Android86 because: Add

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Android86
Yes, but it hasnt stopped the very real spying being done by Google on your mobile device,

That has sod-all to do with this discussion?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Some Oscar winning performances to be seen by some who attend court knowing they are guilty.

Guilty of what?

As it stands an Australian citizen released information about the United States... That's what we know for sure.

That allegations of criminal activity root from accusations he helped Manning get access to information Manning wouldn't have been able to with his security clearance. The claims are that there were attempted hacks.

Now, since the espionage act is tacked on, Assange would not be able to go through a proper trial with all the constitutional rights that every human being is born with in the eyes of US courts. Whether he is guilty will never truly be known given the fact the case is rigged with loopholes denying the most basic of rights for navigating trial in the US.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I'm ashamed of my Justice System (UK) and the government backing this action. Assange, love him, loath him should NOT be up for extradition to the United States because he is already guilty there. The US government HATE with a vengeance whistleblowers unless its for their political side (Democrats and their fake whistleblower comes to mind), this man did not hack the DNC, the DNC blamed Russia for that (Even though we know different) he was acting as a publisher, whether you like it or not he was publishing the works. You can accuse him of messing with the US election, okay that's a debate you can have but all these other charges are ridiculous, the US government have done the same old trick throwing the brown stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks and if nothing sticks then Assange will suddenly come down with a case of the suicides.

The fact that he is now close or almost certainly being given to the US shows how weak this Government is. Why should we even bother, after they are refusing to send back the wife of a diplomat who mowed down a 19 year old kid. Accident or not she should be sent back but of course isn't being sent back because the US has this issue with sending suspects to countries that they claim are friends or apparently in this so called special relationship.

I'm talking about the US/UK governments and legal systems NOT the American people as a whole. I just want that known before I get the usual "why you attacking the people" type of comment which I've seen before.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've often spoken of wars not being winnable under the current accepted rules of engagement, and that you have to fight to win, bar nothing. Consequently, it is to be expected there will be collateral damage, and unfortunately collateral death.

So, what does this have to do with Assange?

Well, a better question might be; what put Assange on the "radar" in the very beginning, way back in 2010?

Answer: A video of an American attack helicopter (accidentally) killing civilians in Iraq.

This video was conveniently "classified" making it secret. Why? Because it looked bad...not because it contained any sensitive information.

So the real question is, if not for Assange, would the US government have ever released this information to bring closure to the families of those killed?

I'm confident (very) the answer is; No, no they would not have.

In releasing the truth, which had no right to be classified just to cover people's asses to begin with, Assange has poked the tiger. And, in summary, this whole thing feels like retribution.

Besides, Assange had no obligation to keep the information secret. He's not even a US citizen. If you want to hang someone, then hang the guy who REALLY committed the crime and gave out the classified information, Bradley (no, I won't use "its" other name) MANNING!! Instead, we give the real criminal a commuted sentence and go on a witch hunt for someone else.

ALL of this could have been prevented if the US government, under the OBAMA administration, just came out the day after the incident and said...we've made a mistake and innocent people were killed in a theater of conflict.

Seems pretty clear to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wonderfully said FCD.

Espionage act bars a defendant from being able to explain their intent. While Assange like the rest of us surely isn't perfect, and even might have an ego complex after Wikileaks took off... I personally think his intent was always to seek and distribute the truth. If I'm right on that, than he is by definition a journalist, doing a better job than most in the field today. Wikileaks has maintained (unless something has come out that I missed) a 100% accuracy on the information it has put out. That's astounding in today's journalistic climate.

They have vast more amounts of information, and only after vetting and making sure that it would (by all attempts) not put anyone in danger is it shown to the public. I'm not sure of all of their agendas or motives, but I'm unaware of an outlet that doesn't have some...

So the question is, do we allow our government to go after truth seekers purely because they're embarrassed? Where does this stop, or does it ever stop? Because, Reality Winner just got sent to prison for leaking a document with no ill intent. A decorated US veteran went to prison for doing what she thought was the right thing. Is this still the America we like to think of in our minds?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Trump will pardon assange. he pardoned convicted Joe the sheriff, surely he'll help WikiLeaks's founder since they were instrumental in exposing Clinton and the swamp Trump always talks about.

why aren't his mental fans adamant about assanges release....? maybe because himself isn't adamant about the release; mental fans just follow without thinking...

they don't want to rock the boat because Trump has never said or done anything wrong ever!

asking for Julian's release would be sacrilege...as they don't know where Trump stands yet in the matter

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
I'm ashamed of my Justice System (UK) and the government backing this action. Assange, love him, loath him should NOT be up for extradition to the United States because he is already guilty there.

The Government has nothing to do with the legal process, so your shame is misplaced. Let that roll.

Process opens in a PDF

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I'm more than sure there are governmental figures pulling harder on their strings to get this done. I will admit that I should've proof read and put "American Justices" instead of Government but at this point the Justice system in the states is probably more political than it has ever been.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think you jumped the gun there mate. My reply was a generalization of what I have have observed in the court environment. Maybe I wrote it wrong for you. It wasn't particularly aimed at Assange. I was pointing out that I have observed similar and other defenses used to extend the hearing and/or verdict.

Sorry if I got it wrong for you.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ahhh... No, I read it wrong too. Sometimes tone and text don't come through.

Sorry if I came off sassy, I was truly asking. Some people truly believe the hype he's some super enmey.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Assange was one person keeping an eye on what foreign policy was doing. With the war on Terror going full steam ahead, the though of being treated like a spy and subject to rendition sucks, similar to the dark ages with the inquisition. Some of the more physically disruptive techniques have been replaced with psychologically disruptive.

Now that Trump has settled down a lot of this conflict, the testimony from Assange can clear a good channel for more swamp draining. Is at risk of Arkancide.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Assange was one person keeping an eye on what foreign policy was doing. With the war on Terror going full steam ahead, the though of being treated like a spy and subject to rendition sucks, similar to the dark ages with the inquisition. Some of the more physically disruptive techniques have been replaced with psychologically disruptive.

Now that Trump has settled down a lot of this conflict, the testimony from Assange can clear a good channel for more swamp draining. Is at risk of Arkancide.

Labor Unionist's are the Spies (Eye's) you dont have to have a degree to work it out when you read up about the history of the American Secret Service's, also it's no secret that every single US president has been a member of the Brotherhood ie: Masonry with it's hidden and secret agenda trying to control the world to make way for the "Lord of Heaven" whom has to be born on a certain day under a certain star sign according to there KODAK calendar not the Julian one from Rome.

top topics

join