It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2019 Ozone Hole is the Smallest on Record Since Its Discovery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here is some good news about the Ozone hole we used to hear about.. Consider this a public service announcement..

Abnormal weather patterns in the upper atmosphere over Antarctica dramatically limited ozone depletion in September and October, resulting in the smallest ozone hole observed since 1982, NASA and NOAA scientists reported today.

The Antarctic ozone hole forms during the Southern Hemisphere’s late winter as the returning Sun’s rays start ozone-depleting reactions. These reactions involve chemically active forms of chlorine and bromine derived from man-made compounds. The chemistry that leads to their formation involves chemical reactions that occur on the surfaces of cloud particles that form in cold stratospheric layers, leading ultimately to runaway reactions that destroy ozone molecules. In warmer temperatures fewer polar stratospheric clouds form and they don’t persist as long, limiting the ozone-depletion process.

Maybe a good thing from global warming ? I think like most things everything is a natural cycle.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Quick!
We need a new tax, to save the shrinking ozone-hole !!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

2019 Ozone Hole is the Smallest on Record Since Its Discovery

And just think ,we all did not need to give all our money to the UN either

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Isn't a small hole good?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just when Al gore proponents think that BIG pay day is getting closer, the Earth goes and repairs itself.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

(IMO) No repair needed. What's "normal" for Earth is a very wide range of conditions, spread over millions of years. Almost everything that happens in nature and climate is "normal".

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Isn't a small hole good?

I would've thought so.

I remember down south in Australia '70s' and '80s' when the hole was getting bigger they made a fortune in sunscreens, hats etc. They cited CFC's and burning polystyrene among other stuff for the cause. We were all going to get cancers and die. The hole was going to spread over New Zealand, Tasmania and southern parts of the continent. We had to prepare ourselves.

We were bad people for dumping old refrigerators and burning foam.

Now the hole has shrunk to a record level. I wonder what we are doing wrong now and what new doom can be spun by the doctors.

If it is a natural occurrence/cycle then perhaps we need to be reeducated without the instillation of fear mongering.

My thoughts,

Bally

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I don't think mankind has been on Earth long enough to experience the natural wide variations in planetary changes.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Quick!

I'll organize a world wide school strike, you find some young teenager who you can manipulate to say what we want people to hear.

Together, we'll save the planet!!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Isn't a small hole good?

Try telling a woman giving birth that!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to: bally001

You make it sound like the Y2K bug.

People: "Everyone, if we don't do something, things will fail!"

* tick 1999+1 tock. *

Everyone Else: "Nothing happened, you fear mongers!!!"

Us Who Did Something: myfacewhen.jpg

¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I don't think mankind has been on Earth long enough to experience the natural wide variations in planetary changes.

Oh, I quite agree, Care.

In my later years on this planet I've been subjected to all sorts doom stuff and if it came true I wouldn't be here. From the ozone depletion, incurable AIDS, Y2K, Extreme climate changes and be prepared for an increase in cosmic bursts that will wipe us all away.

Maybe I'm getting old but now when reading stuff like above in the media and I just go, "Yeah/Nah".

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
reply to: bally001

You make it sound like the Y2K bug.

People: "Everyone, if we don't do something, things will fail!"

* tick 1999+1 tock. *

Everyone Else: "Nothing happened, you fear mongers!!!"

Us Who Did Something: myfacewhen.jpg

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Haha, exactly, see my reply to Carewemust above. I mentioned Y2K there.

Cheers,

Bally

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Good point! Most of the people who tremble over the Climate Change hysteria are young and impressionable.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I did a search, what I found was the ozone hole was discovered in 1985.

So the Super Bowl is 18 years older than the known ozone hole.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Sometimes having big government is a good thing:

"In 1978, the United States, Canada and Norway enacted bans on CFC-containing aerosol sprays that damage the ozone layer. The European Community rejected an analogous proposal to do the same. In the U.S., chlorofluorocarbons continued to be used in other applications, such as refrigeration and industrial cleaning, until after the discovery of the Antarctic ozone hole in 1985. After negotiation of an international treaty (the Montreal Protocol), CFC production was capped at 1986 levels with commitments to long-term reductions.[16] This allowed for a ten-year phase-in for developing countries[17] (identified in Article 5 of the protocol). Since that time, the treaty was amended to ban CFC production after 1995 in the developed countries, and later in developing countries.[18] Today, all of the world's 197 countries have signed the treaty. Beginning January 1, 1996, only recycled and stockpiled CFCs were available for use in developed countries like the US. This production phaseout was possible because of efforts to ensure that there would be substitute chemicals and technologies for all ODS uses.[19]

On August 2, 2003, scientists announced that the global depletion of the ozone layer may be slowing down because of the international regulation of ozone-depleting substances. In a study organized by the American Geophysical Union, three satellites and three ground stations confirmed that the upper-atmosphere ozone-depletion rate slowed down significantly during the previous decade. Some breakdown can be expected to continue because of ODSs used by nations which have not banned them, and because of gases which are already in the stratosphere. Some ODSs, including CFCs, have very long atmospheric lifetimes, ranging from 50 to over 100 years. It has been estimated that the ozone layer will recover to 1980 levels near the middle of the 21st century.[12] A gradual trend toward "healing" was reported in 2016.[20]"

Gee, a public policy that actually worked!

Without the ozone layer there would be no life on this planet. Without the ozone layer the cambrian explosion would never had happened!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Isn't a small hole good?

To each hole: it's own goodness.

So good, bad, who's to say ?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Nothin

Quick!

I'll organize a world wide school strike, you find some young teenager who you can manipulate to say what we want people to hear.

Together, we'll save the planet!!

Part of that scheme: is that they always make a wad of cash.
So we need the economic model in place, before we force the solution down their throats.
Am not good at business though.
Any entrepreneurs around ?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

that's what's causing global warming , uh i meant climate change. the hole is shrinking not letting all the greenhouse gasses out. bring back aerosols, and R 12.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You’d remember the big scare campaign about lead fuel too, right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join