It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada votes : Election Night Special

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah , but what Goes Around , Comes Around . Tis Only Fair .

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

True, I'm happy he does not have a majority like last time, so I would say some of his shenanigans hurt him.

Mostly what might of hurt him(I believe) is the SNC deal, he interfered with a court case against a global Canadian based engineering firm, urged his justice minister(attorney general) to drop the case..BIG sh#tstorm, not big enough I guess.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Meh, the blackface was more funny to me than anything, funny to see him squirm. Racism is an overused word..I'm sure you would agree. Cringe worthy, for sure, not sure it was really considered racist at the time he did it.

All in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

I agree with you on that . He was a drama teacher.. all sorts of reasons to go in costume. It was a long time ago before it was considered culturally inappropriate.

That being said, he’s still not fit to lead our country. 😐

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: vonclod
Meh, the blackface was more funny to me than anything, funny to see him squirm. Racism is an overused word..I'm sure you would agree. Cringe worthy, for sure, not sure it was really considered racist at the time he did it.

All in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

I agree with you on that . He was a drama teacher.. all sorts of reasons to go in costume. It was a long time ago before it was considered culturally inappropriate.

That being said, he’s still not fit to lead our country. 😐

I know,
lets be thankful he can't do too much damage this time.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well.. looks like it’s all over but the crying 😆.

Not happy with the results, but I’ll act like an adult and accept the decisions of Canadians with dignity. 🥴

The Liberals win with a minority government... which means four more years of him flashing his socks. 🙄
I’ll be ok...

edit on 21-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

just thank the stars that snake sheer didn't get in...

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Harper, with a smile.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I used to be enthusiastic about Justin Trudeau. In my eyes, he looked like a refreshing, modern politician who can make things happen.

Then i read from ATS about his blackfacing hobby. Then i watch Finnish morning TV that had a big coverage about Trudeau. That he likes to talk a lot. Talk about big things, big ideas. And that is it. Talk, no action. Apparently, he has failed to fulfill many of his campaign promises during his time as a Canadian prime minister.

Canada is considered to be the model example of how healthcare should be arranged. Seems like there are big regional differences, in small towns things are far from perfect.

I really don't know, but i think Trudeau fooled me with his talks... But i know that Canada is an excellent country. Let's keep it that way, OK?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just hope you get the person that would best lead Canada into the future.
Good luck, eh!

Thanks. We did.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm going to look forward to see him losing his hair this term. And well stocked up on pop corn before it prices inflate like Venezuela market.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Good luck, eh!

Thanks. We did.

I’m going to assume you don’t live out west , and don’t depend on oil and gas industry for your livelihood.
He always helps the dairy cartels in the east, but has done nothing but raise taxes , add taxes for the people out west.

There is a lot of talk about people from the west provinces splitting, or even just Alberta. I can’t see it happening, but there are a lot of angry westerners.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Good luck, eh!

Thanks. We did.

I’m going to assume you don’t live out west , and don’t depend on oil and gas industry for your livelihood.
He always helps the dairy cartels in the east, but has done nothing but raise taxes , add taxes for the people out west.

There is a lot of talk about people from the west provinces splitting, or even just Alberta. I can’t see it happening, but there are a lot of angry westerners.

The oil patch is turning into the equivalent of the buggy whip industry. Trudeau's job is to hook Alberta up with a clean energy industry. Look to the future...not the past.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here why he won
can you see it

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
BC and Alberta have been getting screwed since day 1, that will never change..remember though, that Trudeau did buy the pipeline.

The reason I could not vote PPC is because it, like the BLOC is a Quebec based party, they do not have the wests interest at heart in any way..they just bleed us dry and pretend to be a "have not" province.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Good luck, eh!

Thanks. We did.

The oil patch is turning into the equivalent of the buggy whip industry. Trudeau's job is to hook Alberta up with a clean energy industry. Look to the future...not the past.

But Trudeau talks out both sides of his mouth..he bought the pipeline!

Having said that, being no fan of Trudeau, I think a Trudeau minority is probably better than a Sheer majority.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That he does, wonder of he going to be a Sikh, a Hindu, Muslim, Black, Asian an english or french this time.
edit on 22-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Very interesting and well written statement from Scott Moe , Saskatchewan’s Premier,concerning what Liberals need to keep in mind if they want to help western provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Trudeau promised he would help
these provinces in his victory speech last night.. lets see if he follows through.. he’s never been good at following through on promises.

The statement is in this tweet.
twitter.com...

edit on 22-10-2019 by Sheye because: duh .. wrote prime minister instead of premier

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

He has pandered a lot to the Muslims, spending time in their mosques praying with them , in the past. He has a large portion of the Muslim immigrants voting for him, I suspect.

Are they actually allowed to vote?!?! Unbelievable...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

He has pandered a lot to the Muslims, spending time in their mosques praying with them , in the past. He has a large portion of the Muslim immigrants voting for him, I suspect.

Are they actually allowed to vote?!?! Unbelievable...

They are once they become legal citizens after three years. He was trying to pass a law to allow all the Syrian refugees to vote.

He did pass this law allowing citizens of Canada who have lived up to 50 years away from Canada the right to vote.
capforcanada.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Are they actually allowed to vote?!?! Unbelievable..."

They are once they become legal citizens after three years. He was trying to pass a law to allow all the Syrian refugees to vote.

Ah... fair enough... at least apparently he wasn't successful getting the law passed to allow non-citizens the right to vote.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join