It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds Throw Tomatoes at Withdrawing U.S. Troops in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

we only got MRE's just before I got out in 83

all I remember was the strawberry jam, you had to mix in water

I kept to C-rat Tuna mostly but my Sgt was a vegitarian too

I used to heat up the tuna in Homage to my GF at the time

(shh don't tell the wife to the left)✌🧆✌

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was a REMF.

What is a REMF?

Rear Echelon Mother F###er.

I never fired a weapon.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

I don't see what we're doing as cowardly. I certainly understand strong emotions about this, especially since the Kurds have been some of our most loyal allies in the region.

But if Turkey was going to do this one way or the other, which I lean towards given their close strike to one of our stations and also leaks of Trumps letter telling them not too... We may have saved more this way than another.

If something happened to our soldiers, Trumps hand would have been forced and an already hof proxy war would have napalm poured on it.

Can we really see out the Middle East, or will we just accomplish the missions and sow the seeds through a void and or hate for the next adversaries for tomorrows troubles in the region? I don't really think anyone knows.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am fine with our troops withdrawing. What doesn't sit right is the way it was done. It has been said that Kurds found out about the withdraw from Trump's twitter and the bombs falling. Of course, I am talking about the initial withdraw, this is a case where they were warned.

As far as pulling out of the ME that is a line of bullsh!t. Deploying 3,000 troops to SA to guarantee some investment bankers is even worse. I have never seen such blatant corporate use of our forces. It has definitely happened before, but at least they dressed it up as something else.

War is a Racket

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

OH! New terminology is POG: Person Other than Grunt.

rhymes with with first syllable of Stogie.
edit on 21-10-2019 by Zelun because: how to pronounce.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I should add that the slightly more diminutive term is fobbit, which is a POG who never leaves the wire, i.e. the confines of the FOB(Forward Operating Base.) Which, you know, is actually more of a mark of honor, it's a person who does their support job under the risk of indirect fire without the ability to shoot back. But you know, fobbit, hobbit, it's funny. We liked it. From the safety of the Shire, as it were.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

oo-rah.

You get my salute!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Anyone who wants to go fight for the kurds, I can set up a gofundme just pm me.

Don't be a total gape.

^_^

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Well, I don't deserve it because I was never an officer. I didn't class as a fobbit because I both gunned and drove on resupply missions between fobs, but also never had to kill anybody. So I'm just a senior enlisted POG, retired.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I went green to gold, but don't hold it against me.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmm... How Come Americans don't Throw Over Ripe Tomato's at Bad Politicians Anymore > ? .......

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Never will. The finest officers I ever met were prior enlisted.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I suppose they feel like they have been betrayed being left to the mercy of the Syrian army or the less than mercy of the Turkish, at least it's soft mushy tomatoes and not grenades or bullets eh!, there is some bright side to that if nothing else.

Just get some pizza base's and some cheese, a bit of ham or since that may frowned upon there some spicy chicken and they have all they need for a quick snack.

edit on 21-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: vonclod
Thank god he is fulfilling the promise to get the troops out of the middle east..it's almost worth turning your backs on the Kurds..oh wait!

What a giant steaming corn infested pile you guys are eating up, and enjoying!

Like you really give a sh!t about the Kurds.
Stop with the fake outrage.

I've never even seen a CNN or MSNBC documentary on our beloved Kurd allies.

Reason: CNN and MSNBC really doesn't care about them. THEN or NOW.

Same with the DACA immigrants.
edit on 10/21/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And you won't. The mandate authorized by congress granting exceptional powers to the executive branch was to defeat Al-Qaeda, from which ISIS(ISIL if you want to be pedantic, or Daesh if you want to be accurate) and had nothing to do with ancestral claims to territory which alliances formed in the carrying-out of that mandate may have rights to. The former was our fight. The latter is not. If the Congress wishes to form an official alliance with the Kurdish people in defense of their ancestral lands, that is within their power to do. I sort of hope that they do, because we are leaving them out to dry. But they're not experts in American law, and neither are most of us, so if they had an expectation of us supporting their ancestral claims, I'm sorry but it's not that easy.

The Kurds claim ancestral property within the bounds of modern-day Syria, and the mouth movement of liberals seems to indicate we should get involved in that claim. We have a mechanism for that! Put it to a vote.

"The clerk will now record the role call on the matter of America's support of our friends, our allies ancestral claim to territories currently within the sovereign borders of the Nation of Syria."

It's really that easy.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It is hard to know if that was a staged event or a small group of people who did not like Americans. They knew in advance that they were coming, I am not going to believe that people there carry around a lot of tomatoes with them at all times.

I would bet that someone paid this group to do this while it was filmed. That kind of stuff happens these days and has happened for many decades.

We will never really know what happened, I am sure many over there are not happy that the Americans were pulled out though. That is not as bad as Obama getting pissed off at the new leader of Iraq and yanking everyone out then when ISIS attacked he would not lift a finger to help. Obama never even tried to negotiate anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

completely off base
edit on 21-10-2019 by Zelun because: wrong and wrong

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The throwing of a tomatoe is NOTHING compared to the hurling of a potatoe! Just ask Dan Quayle.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I don't want to hear any BS about the starving Kurds. Give them food and they chuck it back at you.

My thoughts, kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
They are afraid of the circumstances that they have to face now without support from the troops...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join