It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims he is victim of "phony emoluments"clause

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Granted I do not know the constitution like I probably should, but I am not a politician. Let alone President of the United States.

The whole G-7 at mar a lago to me seemed a violation of the constitution. Some will say he would not make a profit and some will say the emoluments clause does not mention profit.

but in a talk, he just said the phony emoluments clause...

theguardiansofdemocracy.com... L

Yes it is a Democrat page. Not so sure he compared himself to George Washington as the headline says...

But is the constitution phony now that trump says so?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
you have to scroll down a bit to see the actual video of trump speaking

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just use a little common sense. It's sourced and has been posted on this site numerous times that Trump has lost over a billion in net worth since becoming president. Yet, everyone cheers for the Clintons and Obama's that became filthy rich off their office.

The presidency has been bad for Donald Trump's finances, with his personal net worth falling from $4.5 billion to $3.1 billion over the past two years, according to the latest Forbes billionaires list. Trump dropped 138 spots to 259 on the Forbes 400, an annual measure of the richest people in the U.S.

Source

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There's no question he's lost a ton of money being president. He donates his salary, and he cannot perform any real estate deals while president. He says he would have given the summit the use of Mar-a-Lago for free. The emolument claim is mainly that people staying at one of Trump's hotels could be considered a gift, but that's a rather tenuous argument, and we'd need the Supreme Court to rule on it.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

There's no question he's lost a ton of money being president. He donates his salary, and he cannot perform any real estate deals while president. He says he would have given the summit the use of Mar-a-Lago for free.
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
OK.. when did he say he would give mara lago for free to the G-7? you have a source for that?

He donates his salary? you have proof of that?

Lost a ton of money being president? How?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Just use a little common sense. It's sourced and has been posted on this site numerous times that Trump has lost over a billion in net worth since becoming president.
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

It is also sourced that girls can join the boy scouts... wtf does your response have to do with the OP and my question? Does the constitution not matter anymore if trump says so?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Just use a little common sense. It's sourced and has been posted on this site numerous times that Trump has lost over a billion in net worth since becoming president.

It is also sourced that girls can join the boy scouts... wtf does your response have to do with the OP and my question? Does the constitution not matter anymore if trump says so?

I've never heard Trump say the constitution doesn't matter anymore, so you should source that claim, but I know you can't.

By the way, my post has everything to do with the OP. The whole point of the Emoluments clause is to prevent officeholders from getting rich off their office. Trump is the first to lose money while in office in my lifetime and every other politician in that same timeframe has gotten rich off their office. So don't get upset about the facts. Just get upset that you have been fooled over and over again.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

and he cannot perform any real estate deals
can't run any charities either can he... like forever

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How does anything Trump gives away become a gift to Trump ? 😃

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

the constitution only applies to democrats...trump can violate it all he wants

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I've never heard Trump say the constitution doesn't matter anymore, so you should source that claim, but I know you can't. By the way, my post has everything to do with the OP. The whole point of the Emoluments clause is to prevent officeholders from getting rich off their office
so you are a constitutional scholar that can tell us what the Emolument clause is for as opposed to what is says? I will admit that I am not. No where in that clause does it say profit... I do not think it says getting rich either...

You are right, trump did not claim the constitution does not matter, but the phony emoluments clause? Is it phony?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There's no question he's lost a ton of money being president. He donates his salary, and he cannot perform any real estate deals while president. He says he would have given the summit the use of Mar-a-Lago for free.
OK.. when did he say he would give mara lago for free to the G-7? you have a source for that?

He donates his salary? you have proof of that?

Lost a ton of money being president? How?

Here's a Trump tweet from yesterday:

So interesting that, when I announced Trump National Doral in Miami would be used for the hosting of the G-7, and then rescinded due to Do Nothing Democrat/Fake News Anger, very few in Media mentioned that NO PROFITS would be taken, or would be given FREE, if legally permissible!

As for losing a ton of money, what part of "no salary" and "no real estate deals" do you not understand?

As for Trump donating his salary: Don't be lazy. Take four seconds and Google it.
edit on 21-10-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well although an entirely different scheme; something akin to Trump raising charity money through a charitable organization, then commanding that organization to donate the funds to himself, essentially.

Or similarly accepting donations for charity which are then filed under his personal charitable givings, so he can essentially get the charitable tax write-off benefits from other peoples charity money.

Would be two examples therein.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

As for losing a ton of money, what part of "no salary" and "no real estate deals" do you not understand?

For me its the part directly dealing with the fact that those are just words (spoken from someone who is a serial liar no less - Trump). Can anyone supply incontrovertible evidence that he's taking no salary nor benefiting monetarily from real estate deals?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ooh ooh, I want to play!

Can you prove he has taken a salary or made any profits?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

For me its the part directly dealing with the fact that those are just words (spoken from someone who is a serial liar no less - Trump). Can anyone supply incontrovertible evidence that he's taking no salary nor benefiting monetarily from real estate deals?

Along the same lines, can you provide definitive proof that he is benefiting? If you can, send the info to Congress and tell them to get on it!

eta: damnit watchitburn....you beat me by 1 minute.
edit on pm1010201919America/Chicago21p03pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ooh ooh, I want to play!

Can you prove he has taken a salary or made any profits?

No, but then again I'm not spouting it like some Axiom.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Along the same lines, can you provide definitive proof that he is benefiting? If you can, send the info to Congress and tell them to get on it!

Its always a popular point for discussions.

The proletariat of course isn't privy to that information, so hopefully it comes out in the morass of hearings taking place right now.

That being said, I find it wonderfully coincidental that one avenue to correlate that would be tax returns, and Trump has been extremely resistant to releasing them (I mean what possible reason we can only guess!).

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Its always a popular point for discussions.

The proletariat of course isn't privy to that information, so hopefully it comes out in the morass of hearings taking place right now.

That being said, I find it wonderfully coincidental that one avenue to correlate that would be tax returns, and Trump has been extremely resistant to releasing them (I mean what possible reason we can only guess!).

I am actually ok with him releasing his tax returns.....as long as ALL the Congress Critters are required to the same. Want 10 years of Trumps returns?? Ok, lets have everyone's and make sure no one is grifting eh?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well although an entirely different scheme; something akin to Trump raising charity money through a charitable organization, then commanding that organization to donate the funds to himself, essentially.

Or similarly accepting donations for charity which are then filed under his personal charitable givings, so he can essentially get the charitable tax write-off benefits from other peoples charity money.

Would be two examples therein.

You got those from the Clinton foundation didn't you??

it's ok to admit it

"accuse others of what you are doing"

yep we read it too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join