It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco puts 22 states on blacklist for restrictive abortion laws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So the Democrats and California are at it again. They have now banned city employees from doing business with or make trips to 22 different states based on their Abortion stance.

City employees in San Francisco are now forbidden to take work trips or do business with companies in 22 states that have “restrictive abortion laws.”

She added: “By limiting travel and contracting with certain states, we are sending a clear message to states that disregard the right to abortion.”

The states being blacklisted by San Francisco for their “severe anti-choice policies” are Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

Nine states – Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and Texas – were already on the city’s list because of their LGBTQ laws and policies.

FoxNews

From the story, it seems California doesn't expect this to do much unless more states join them to put economic pressure on the other states to change their policies. In my opinion, this will backfire majorly since there are a lot more conservative states than liberal states. Plus, there are only a few extremely liberal states like California.

What are your thoughts ATS?

edit on 21-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
YEE HAW

Texas

keep your fruits and nuts in california

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Awesome! Now the rest of the state should ban people from moving to Texas and Louisiana! That would be swell. Maybe housing will be more affordable, taxes would lower to what they were before this california bubble and Austin would be great again! lol

Keep Austin Weird.... Not Retarded!!!

edit on 21-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No more funny folk from San Fran coming to FL? I’m all for it!

Who do I thank?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just to clarify, this only pertains to city workers conducting government business.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Abortion, know in the state of cancer to cause California......aka land of fruit and nuts..

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Another unConstitutional event 😃

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Just to clarify, this only pertains to city workers conducting government business.

so then only the freshest of fruits and the hardest shelled nuts?
keep them at home thanks!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

so then only the freshest of fruits and the hardest shelled nuts?

That was a pretty good one.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A week or two ago, I'm pretty sure I read that the city attorney for SF told them that this kind of crap is absolutely unenforceable.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Land of fruits and nuts and the Holly Weird is right. Calling the snuffing out of an emerging Life "women's reproductive rights" is riduculous and everybody with a brain cell knows it. Just fess up to it and call it what it is, cowards.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Let us in!!!!! It’s miserable out here.
I work hard, I like pulled pork, and I know how to use a riding lawnmower.
I’ll be a clown in your rodeo anything...let me in.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In Kansas we refer to the west coast as the land of the granola grinders, nutty, fruity, and flaky.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

California punishing itself.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

California punishing itself.

That's how I see it, but I figured I'd bring it to ATS to get the thoughts of others. Democrats always try to come up with some sneaky way of screwing over people that won't submit to their rule.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What's unconstitutional about it?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If we can just get 49 states to pass the same abortion laws, maybe we can starve out SF entirely.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen

What's unconstitutional about it?

Only the US Congress has the authority to regulate trade between the states. Any restrictions beyond what Congress has set are overreaching and outside the Rights of local and state governments, same as how the states cannot loosen regulations Congress has set between states in regards to trade.

SCOTUS has involved themselves with this on several occasions, including swatting down things like "in state supplier" provisions when they've crossed the docket.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: we need to build the wall along the Mexican border to the Arizona/California state line, then take a hard right and keep going all the way to the Canadian border. If they don’t want to be part of this country, they can stay on the west coast.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Yeah - Got that.

But we can dream. Don't stomp on my dreams!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join