It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Divine Feminine...Cults and Sects

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I found this forum while I was doing research on the Illuminati (it's so hard to find books one can believe!).

I wanted to ask a couple of questions. Are there any cults focused on the Feminine (The Goddess), and also...I know that Freemasonry has a female sect...how do you find out more information about it?

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Check out this forum, plenty here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the search as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use at least 2 "key" words.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thank you for your help. I've been looking at the forum, but it seems everything is scattered all over the place...much like my closet.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Check this Secret Society. But don't use the book "The Davinci Code" as a reference.

www.google.com...,GGLD:2005-01,GGLD:en&q=priory+of+sion

Here...this should get you started.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
*grins* I won't, although I must admit, the Da Vinci Code is what got me interested in some of this.

Thank you for your help.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Check my last post, we have a search fuction as well, I added it in.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A point that is often missed about feminine worship is that (at least from
my experience) it is not exclusive. All the Beliefs that I am aware of that
practice Goddess worship , Wicca, Some or Most of the Egyptian rites, all
practice and espouse balance. Balance is the key.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I agree. It only seems to me that the Goddess has been neglected. Where are Her children? Is the real question I'm asking.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kelaina
*grins* I won't, although I must admit, the Da Vinci Code is what got me interested in some of this.

Thank you for your help.

no problem...I agree it's a good read, but should be viewed as a FICTIONAL peice of work only. Sure there are facts dispursed throught the book, but that is just part of what makes it an even more captivating story.

Still, you cannot argue with the RCC's blatant smear campaign against women. Just look at the Dark Ages and the persecution that was done in the name of God against women who were seen as witches and pagans, who were really just freethinkers caught up in a power play. The damage done has not and may not ever be undone to the role that women played in diety worship, and even in the role that women play in society in general.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The great mystery Religions.
Diana, Isis, Demeter the grain Mother, Gaia the greek earth goddess, Serapis, etc etc. Her children are hunted and cut down.

when a Woman becomes strong, she is cut down in a Patriarchal society. it s threat, and the function of the society to refuse the competition. The farther back in time we travel, the greater the role of Women in that society.

The irony is that Women managed and saved the Christian church from ruin the first few hundred years. When the Roman empire Legislated that Christianity would become the State Sponsored Religion, it became a Mans world. If not for the women that met in hiding, copied the scrolls, and kept to the path, Christianity would have been lost.

today we are seeing a resurgence of goddess cults, which teach the balance of Nature, as referred in earlier post. Wicca, WitchCraft, etc.

Its been a true battle of the sexes played out for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I found this forum while I was doing research on the Illuminati (it's so hard to find books one can believe!).

I wanted to ask a couple of questions. Are there any cults focused on the Feminine (The Goddess), and also...I know that Freemasonry has a female sect...how do you find out more information about it?

Thank you!

i dont think you would get much goddess religion from freemasonry?.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There is Eastern Star for women, although it is not regular Masonry.

Also, there are various websites for Co-Masonry
These groups allow women but are not regular Masonry.

HTH

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Forgive me, if I am wrong. But it seems to me that Masonry's roots lay in the Knight Templars, men who vowed to protect womanhood.

Educate me, if I am misinformed. But even if the Templars were not aware of Goddess, by protecting womanhood, weren't they serving Her all the same?

Enlighten me, if I am blinded. If the Templars are the roots of the Masons...where is the protection of the Sacred Feminine now? Have the Masons disintegrated into fund-rasers and donators?

Where is the time of old? Where is the old rituals?

Or are all the Old Ways lost, and am I merely dreaming of something that is long dead and gone?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thank you for your help.

No? Really?

Seriously though, excellent book, but a little misleading in regards to actual secret societies... Still extremely well written though (except for that reverse script puzzle...WAY too easy).... The links above should suffice for a start...

The Masons' origin is easiest to see from their name... They were originally stonemasons, architects, etc. and built fabulous chapels, etc. They organized into a guild, or brotherhood to in effect be a union, when it came to dealings with their clients, largely the church....

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes, really. And I agree...it IS a bit misleading. But if it helps encourage people to find out more about it...it's done it's job.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My grin after it was for sarcasm...

Sorry 'bout that...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You're alllowed to be sarcastic. I promise I won't put Kali on you. *winks* *is also being sarcastic*

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'd like to find the same thing: a cult based on the divine feminine. Especially with all these stupid male cults around.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Either you will find something that is led by a man, or something that is man-hating.

It seems to me women are only allowed to choose between Wicca or Feminism, or having their choices limited, any way.

Why not bother to find out why there are all-male frats, and why you wouldn't want to create an equally IMBALANCED Female-only group?
The unspoken aim of Fraternal organizations (some of them atleast, all of them to an extent) aim to: "to produce an alliance of good men...good men are rare of all societies, non is more glorious, nor greater strength, than when men of similar morals are joined IN INTIMACY."

Women need to strive to become leaders in MANY fields,not just women's studies. They need to become leaders in Education (not just the teachers), Law, Politics, Economy (a rich woman besides the Queen, Oprah, and Martha?), History (to get a more equal view of how society was NOT always patriarchal as taught), Psychology, Religion, and finally, as owners of media. I guess I could add science, but women are well on their way in that field, I think.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I agree. It only seems to me that the Goddess has been neglected. Where are Her children? Is the real question I'm asking.

The real question you are asking is an interesting one. May I offer a suggestion or two. You mentioned earlier that the Da Vinci Code had started you off, well I am going to recommend a reading line for you.

The first book would be "The Goddess in the Gospels" by Margaret Starbird.
The next (optional) would be "Mary Magdalene" by Lynn Picknett.
And the last would be "The Templar Revelation" by Lynn Picknett & Clive Prince.

If these do not go a long way to answering your questions, I will be very surprised and dissapointed.

Best of luck and may you God/Goddess go with you.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Bowyer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join