It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wisdom of Daria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Some of you might remember a cartoon called Daria.
It was a spinoff of bevis and butt head back in the mid 90's.
I was flipping through Hulu a few days ago and saw it listed so we watched a few episodes.
Honestly I forgot how good this show was.

The last episode we watched had her visiting a school for the gifted and the administrator asked what her plan for the future was. She says she doesn't have any but the administrator pushes for an answer.
This is where she gives some of the greatest wisdom even heard.

Her response you ask?

"My biggest fear is waking up at 40 years old miserable in a job I hate because I had to pick a career as a teenager."

That's some wisdom all high school kids should here...
I'm looking forward to finishing the series,,,,again..

edit on 20-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

The clip is at 3:30 in the video
edit on 20-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Got the entire series on DVD it was amazing back in the day and still is. One of my daughters was almost named daria. Philosophical challenges as a teen, think thats why i liked it the most

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Don't worry.....we said the Same thing as teenagers in the 70s.....but the girls wore shorter skirts.

I dont think too many kids in 1900, working in factories, mills, Mines etc would have been much different either.....they would have been just happy to make their 10th birthday. Luckily for a lot of them, WW1 came along and they could escape, sad but true.

edit on 20-10-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I loved Daria! My kids even bought me a poster when they were teens that compared Daria and her sister Quinn because I always told them that they were just like them- the oldest like Daria and the youngest like Quinn!

Lo and behold I found a pic of the exact poster online! I still have it packed up somewhere!

top topics

join