It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 5 Year Old Girl Survives Being Thrown On To Highway.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Last night a Father had tossed his 5 year old daughter from a bridge on to the busiest highway in Canada. Soon after dropping his daughter into traffic, he jumped to his death in front of police and passersby. The Father had been taunting the Mother over the phone claiming he was going to kill their Daughter. An hour later they found them on Don Mills bridge over the 401 highway. The girl miraculously survived with out any broken bones but did suffer from some internal bleeding.

www.ctv.ca
A Toronto child is in guarded condition after she was thrown off a bridge onto the country's busiest highway by her father who then jumped to his death.

Police had been looking for the man after he left a suicide note and a number of frantic messages for his wife Sunday afternoon.

"He continued to call his wife while he had the daughter and basically, what amounts to psychological torture, he continued to call the wife and say, 'I'm going to kill myself; I'm going to kill your daughter,'" O'Connor said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Mother did phone the police telling them that the Father was making threats on the phone. Police officers tried to talk to him on the phone but he hung up before he could be located. It was the people driving on the 401 that called in to report the man with his Daughter on the bridge.

Neither the man or his Daughter were hit by cars, that in itself is a miracle. The girl was quickly airlifted to The Hospital for Sick Children. Police say she is in guarded condition, and chances for survival are good.

I have a 5 year old daughter myself, I can't imagine how a man can do this to his own child. I find it to be unfortunate that he died, I wish he lived to spend his miserable life in jail.
At least he will never be able to hurt any one else again.
My heart goes out to the Mother and I hope the girl has a fast recovery.

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandmail.com
toronto.cbc.ca
cnews.canoe.ca

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is tragic. It is amazing that a person would feel so gone that killing their own five year old daughter and then themselves is the only option left.

We see this so often, and it doesn't get any easier for those of us who understand the true meanings of how our actions reflect upon the world. People see these things everyday and have gotten numb to the feeling and let it wash by and don't again think about it. It is amazingly sad.

My heart felt sympathies go out to the mother of this little girl. I will keep her in my prayers that she gets better.

Phae

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor

This is tragic. It is amazing that a person would feel so gone that killing their own five year old daughter and then themselves is the only option left.

I can't imagine what it would take to get that far gone. How awful. My sympathies go out to the girl and her mother.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My sympathies are for the entire world at large, that such a thing can take place, almost becoming commonplace. Tis dark times indeed.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't even understand this, on any level. No matter how shafted the guy could possibly feel over child support, or his ex, or anything....at very worst, pay the bills and get the # away from her.

Nothing, nothing at all, that he could have possibly been upset about, would have been the daughter's fault.

I guess I'm glad, in a way. If I *could* understand this, I'd have to check myself into the mental ward as a psychopath.

On the plus side, insanity is everywhere, and always has been. So has evil. Just now the media can get there and preort the tragedy and get more people involved.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some people use their children to hurt their ex spouse. It's so sad to know our children are such a worthless commodity to us that we can sacrifice them in the name of getting even. Thank God the little girl lived. Wish the father lived to face the consequences of his actions ..and face the rest of humanity with his actions.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lost for words...

Maby he jumped off that Bridge and Streight into Hell

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The Good Lord had his eye on that little girl. I will keep her and her mother in my prayers tonight. Tragic.
:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Police are not going to release the mans name to protect the family's privacy. I agree with that decision but I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to send their regards to the family.

The SIU have taken over this investigation.

The Special Investigations Unit - which investigates circumstances involving police and civilians which have resulted in serious injury, sexual assault or death - took over the investigation Monday.

The girls internal bleeding has stopped and she is alert enough to talk. The poor girl is going to be traumatized for life.

Here are a couple more links for those following the story.
www.azcentral.com...
feeds.bignewsnetwork.com...
http:// www.thestar.com

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I can't even imagine the emotional scars that child will have! I wish the father had lived to spend his life in jail....the other inmates hate child abusers too...it would of been a good stay there for him....how can a human being be so twisted to do that to anyone much less a child and then his own child at that!
The world is so screwed up!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Every day, this world gets worse and worse..what can you say?!

I'm with you, LadyV, he should have lived so the prisoners could have taken care of him. The worse thing to have to do is live with your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

My sympathies are for the entire world at large, that such a thing can take place, almost becoming commonplace. Tis dark times indeed.

Yes. Point taken and me too.

Something is terribly wrong. This stuff is becoming commonplace. It should not be, and it's not just media hype. We need to look for the real explanations - and be prepared to deal with whatever we find - whether it's mad cow, residual radiation, chemical contamination in the friggin water or all of them together, interracting. Something is messing with peoples' minds, it's spreading, and it has got to stop. For the sake of the children.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Something is terribly wrong.

I agree there is something terribly wrong. Today's parents have no self descipline.

60 years or 70 years the vast majority of people went to church at least once a week and that is no longer the case. The fact is they do not know right from wrong. Morally that is.

Putting discipline back into the homes and schools could make a huge improvement.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is so sad. How can someone do something like this to a child. If you want to do, fine, but don't do this to the children.

Anyone in remember the Killinger-Johnson suicide in Toronto? Where she jumped, with her baby in her arms, in front of a subway about 5 years ago? Or the man who killed himself and his 3 year old son by the same method in Toronto as well?

Why do they have to subject their children to this?

[edit on 7-3-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I didn't watch the news yesterday, so didn't know about this til this morning. The newspaper was folded. When I unfolded the paper and saw the headline, I felt a wave of nausea come over me and I started to shake and cry. I couldn't believe my eyes. Used to be crazy stuff like this didn't happen here...but that has changed. There's madness everywhere now.

I'm so afraid of becoming immune to hearing about these terrible things that happen all around the world. Being immune helps them win if you know what I mean. I never want that to happen to me.

All I can say is thankfully God was looking down on this little girl. I hope she will not be scarred for life from this horrible experience. I hope she will get some psychological help...the mum too. Life must have been miserable with that crazy f*ck. Finally she got free of him and then this happens.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the mother and the little girl....

There are worse people in this world. I know I will thank my lucky stars I found a good and loving husband who adores his children.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Why do they have to subject their children to this?

It's not so much about putting a child through it but suiciders not wanting to go alone and wanting to take someone with them. Children are the easiest as they can't resist.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
More information about the state of mind of the man...he hadn't been in a good place for a long time...

Blinded by rage

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks AlwaysLearning, I will have to register some time today for that story.

It sounds like the Man could of been a good Dad at one time.

www.ctv.ca
The father who tossed his young daughter onto Canada's busiest highway before jumping to his own death was deeply in debt -- and in a messy custody fight with his estranged wife.

CTV News Toronto reported Monday that the incident started when the 48-year-old man asked his estranged wife for more time with their daughter.

She said no. That appeared to trigger the tragic chain of events -- one which he had apparently threatened before.

He was unemployed, on welfare and listed his income as just over $380 per month.

While Amarsi had travelled extensively in the U.S. and England looking for work in early 2000, each trip ended with him ever-deeper in debt.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So was his mind set to "If I cant have her no one can?" I remember a long time ago there was a Dad who thought the same thing and took his child to Disney Land and set the boy on fire in the hotel room.

Familys like these need to be helped before things like this happen. I hope to see some new systems put into place after this.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Update on this article

The five year old girl seriously injured when her father died jumping from a bridge, taking her with him is now breathing on her own in hopsital.

He was previously examinied by a pschiatrist whose findings said that the man posed no danger to his family. 7 months later after a domestic dispute this happened.

The five-year-old girl remains in critical but stable condition at the Hospital for Sick Children, after being thrown off an overpass to the 401 on March 6th.

The child suffered major injuries after a domestic dispute steamrolled out of control. Her father phoned the girl’s mother and told her of his plans, and she called police. But they were unable to stop him from carrying out his final, terrible deed.

He died in the fall, but she somehow survived.

www.pulse24.com...

top topics

join