It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the Succ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Are there any succulent experts in here? I have this random assortment of succulents. I watered them on Thursday, we went to the cottage, when we came back... two are now spindly giants, and one is dead!

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
They are drooping 'cause you over-watered them.
Desert plants. Very little water. Like once a month in small doses.
Soil needs to be more sandy/rocky. They aren't soil plants like you have them in.
You need lots of sand or perilite, with minimal soil, then pick up some succulent nutrients, or use watered down plant nutes.
They hate direct sunlight also, which I see they are in.
They like minimal maintainance.

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Thank you! I'll switch them around today. I've had them for over a year and they must have finally said... succ you!

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It’s amazing what people know on ATS!! I always like Mandroids common sense post and reply’s, who the hell would think he know anything about plant’s, them bam!! The man knows!!a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I was impressed too. If I didn't know that Mandroid7 is versed on a wide variety of subject matter--not just desert plants-- I might be tempted to call them "Dr. Succ!"

Now, if you'll excuse me...I too have some plants to re-pot...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

If you cannot eat them , they are weeds

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: Atsbhct

If you cannot eat them , they are weeds

Many 'weeds' are actually food and often they are more beneficial than the plants we buy in the store. Dandelion, common plantain, docks, ferns, cat o' nine tails, knotweed, burdock, lambsquarters, laurels, and the list goes on and on.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I have had Nettle Tea , & Soup when i was a kid so yip mother earth is a great thing in her wisdom , and i do a wonderful Cannabis coffee [ allegedly]

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My daughter has a whole huge assortment of succulents. She has a little spray bottle of water and she spritzes them gently once a day with just two or three sprays. Hers are all in really wonderful shape and she told me that when I water them for her to never water them more than that.

The next kind she wants to get is a Lithop. They are really interesting to her and she wants to add some to her assortment.

Good luck with yours.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Depending on the succulent, they can be a last ditch source of moisture in the desert.

new topics

top topics

join