It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Trudeau's new “fake news” law, calling him a substitute drama teacher would be illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Publishing false statement to affect election results
91 (1) No person or entity shall, with the intention of affecting the results of an election, make or publish, during the election period,
(a) a false statement that a candidate, a prospective candidate, the leader of a political party or a public figure associated with a political party has committed an offence under an Act of Parliament or a regulation made under such an Act — or under an Act of the legislature of a province or a regulation made under such an Act — or has been charged with or is under investigation for such an offence; or
(b) a false statement about the citizenship, place of birth, education, professional qualifications or membership in a group or association of a candidate, a prospective candidate, the leader of a political party or a public figure associated with a political party.

And, by the way, the penalty for breaching this section is up to $50,000 in fines, and incredibly, up to five years in prison. I’ve seen rapists, actually rapists, be sentenced to six months in prison. But if you break this election rule, you could get five years.

www.rebelnews.com...

I bring this up to illustrate the issues we're seeing with Trump and the media, specifically, CNN.

Now Canada is fighting this new law.

And hopefully Trump will drop the suit against CNN.

But we're coming too close to a time where we won't be able to say anything against our leadership.

Hell, you can't mock the EU anthem or burn their flag.

Folks, regardless if you are left or right or even a Ginger, we should all have the right to verbally bitch-slap our elected officials any god-damned time we feel the need. They work for us.

Remember?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds good.

How is 'Canada' fighting the law? Can see how CNN Canada would, to be sure!

Finally a measure against extreme NEGATIVE CAMPAIGNING like they are doing to Trump & Tulsi.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

A lawsuit filed by the Canadian Constitution Foundation.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Peppridge farm Chocolate cake roll, might bring some folks to the table.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Pepperidge farm remembers, for now. But, unfortunately, it is slowly developing Alzheimer's, because it looks like so many people are not on the side of free speech anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
damn you double posting clown.....
edit on pm1010201919America/Chicago19p06pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Gosh,

when did PF loose the S?

More like PF misremember.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I mean lose.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Most of bad things you would tell about Trudeau will turn out to be true so no problem there.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Isn't this strange that this law is brought forward AFTER those blackface photos of Justin came out? I mean of course I'm a conspiracy nut (to a degree) but seems awfully coincidental to me and my tin foil hat.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Isn't this strange that this law is brought forward AFTER those blackface photos of Justin came out? I mean of course I'm a conspiracy nut (to a degree) but seems awfully coincidental to me and my tin foil hat.

But blackface is cool now, especially for costumes and such. I mean, only a left wing US governor and a Canadian PM did it, and they apologized, so it's not racist any more.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Trudeau and his Liberals have slowly been eroding the freedoms of Canada, especially free speech.
Me thinks he has a lot to hide this election, as some very suspicious allegations of why he left a teaching position, part way through the year, at the private boarding school he taught at ,have come to light.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Oh..don't keep us in suspense!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Oh..don't keep us in suspense!

If I say what has been alleged, I may get fined and thrown in jail.

Seriously now, he’s been accused of having sexual relationships with a 17 year old girl or her mother at this private school. There is a gag order on why he departed and no one from the school is talking.. except maybe the student making the allegations.
www.snopes.com...

edit on 19-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes as long as they apologize. I had some people dress up like spooky ghosts and hold some kind of church service in my yard. I was up-set when they were starting a BBQ, but they apologized for it and everything was good.

I always get a kick out of Halloween costumes these days. I black kid can be Bat-Man and it's empowering, but if a white kid wants to be Black Panther .. Stand the "F" by. It all comes down to this nonsense that forces stupid laws like the one in this thread. "Nobody better say a thing about me that I don't like, but here let me make up something about you", says a lot about progressive (ie the S/T front). They go around touting words like freedom of choice, but then force laws that force subjugation on everyone who's not them.

Since you brought it up;
Trump suing CNN over their wall-to-wall propaganda campaign against him might have a backlash that would have a very negative affect on the 1-A. I hope he only goes after CNN for libel, and leaves it at that. Anything more might be a rights issue.

edit on 19-10-2019 by Guyfriday because: Why is it that I sound drunk when I'm not, and sober when I'm drinking? Riddle me that "WATSON"

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well that's interesting!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I don't see how this would relate. Didn't he actually wear blackface? Isn't the law about making false statements? The blackface thing actually happened, "pics or it didn't happen" pics are the story itself.

top topics

join