It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Public School approach

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Take back the schools....................let "seculars" have "thier" schools. Let them grow up to inhabit the prisons............Prison guards need jobs too.......

I see more "buck passing" again. If any of my kids ended up in jail, which is highly unlikely, I wouldn't be pointing a finger at teachers or the school system, I'd take the responsibility, because it would be mine. You go ahead and sent your kids to any school you want Doc, if you're still not instilling in them the right morals, they may end up this way.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Take back the schools....................let "seculars" have "thier" schools. Let them grow up to inhabit the prisons............Prison guards need jobs too.......

I see more "buck passing" again. If any of my kids ended up in jail, which is highly unlikely, I wouldn't be pointing a finger at teachers or the school system, I'd take the responsibility, because it would be mine. You go ahead and sent your kids to any school you want Doc, if you're still not instilling in them the right morals, they may end up this way.

Wow, you finally agree with me..........

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I just checked and Hell did freeze over.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I just checked and Hell did freeze over.

Pretty cold up there isn't it...................

Point well taken, "morales" is a word I was avoiding, so I used "values" because it isn't just about praying and commandments. It's about civility too. "Students" are our of control. Without some "values" and fear of a higher power "kids" get the idea they can do anything without paying a "price" for it. Society has suffered over the last 40-50 years because of it. Perhaps strict "basics" and less 'social" engineering.............real history of positive issues and not "your ancestors were opressed" focus.........

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"fear of a higher power "

ummm. let's see......
teacher, parent, school principle, cops, judges, prisons.........executioner!!!

and they are susposed to fear the higher power above all of these, that will stop them????

doubt it......

let's see, according to you, this is a christian country, with a christian majority.....who I would assume would be taking their faith seriously wouldn't they?

Seems to me, that if they were christian, and they did take their faith seriously, well, then , they would look at the country, see the proverty, see the pollution, see all crap in their homes that they just had to buy, for some reason they haven't figured out, they would look at the bogus numbers on their tax returns......and well......they would be hiding under a rock waiting for the lightening bolt to decend from heaven!!!!
the problem isn't that the schools aren't teaching morals.....is that society (THE ADULTS), the government, and the church leadership isn't PRACTICING MORALS...

one look around my neighborhood is all I need to know this isn't a christian country!! SO, well, you can throw God into the schools, throw God into the laws, heck, you can paste his name on every billboard in the country...
but well, if the adults are still acting like immoral idiots, they kids are just gonna follow suit.

still say you guys are hoping that God will look down from heaven, and well, be fooled.....it looks christian, so it must be christian.....see, there's a church on every corner, and a bible in every school......yep their good and righteous people allright....
he'll still look into the hearts and see what is really there anyways.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Please discuss the influence of the 10 commandments on european law and compare and contrast that influence to that of greek and especially Roman law. I think you will find that the 10 commandments had very little to do with anything. Most importantly, the 'don't kill, don't steal,' commandments, well, they were already illegal.

Of course the 10 commandments predate euro law.

Thats hardly relevant, and they certainly don't pre-date it inside of europe.

In fact Greek, then Roman, then Euro Rise didn't and couldn't happen until the 10 tribes left ancient Israel.

There is no evidence to suggest this.

The 10 "lost" tribes are responsible for the rise of Euro everything.

Absurd. There is no such evidence to support this, and it wouldn't be possible anyway. The long history of greek civilization and roman cutlure requires quite a bit more than some jewish tribal refugess.

They took the "concept" of the commandments with them to europe and elsewhere.

Ther e is absolutely noting to indicate this.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees......

------------
"Netchvolodow likens the Pharisees to our modern Freemasons, whose Gnostic and dominionist agenda were subversive of society. Compare Netchvolodow’s characterization of the Pharisees to our modern Zionists, i.e. the Judeo-Freemasons, who are secret practitioners of the Kabalah, while affecting to hold to the traditional beliefs of Judaism as set forth in the Old Testament.
“‘This group of intellectual pantheists was soon to acquire a directing influence over the Jewish nation. Nothing, moreover, likely to offend national sentiment ever appeared in their doctrines. However saturated with pantheistic Chaldeism they might have been, the Pharisees preserved their ethnic pride intact. This religion of Man divinised, which they had absorbed at Babylon, they conceived solely as applying to the profit of the Jew, the superior and predestined being. The promises of universal dominion which the orthodox Jew found in the Law, the Pharisees did not interpret in the sense of the reign of the God of Moses over the nations, but in that of a material domination to be imposed on the universe by the Jews. The awaited Messiah was no longer the Redeemer of original Sin, a spiritual victor who would lead the world, it was a temporal king, bloody with battle, who would make Israel master of the world and ‘drag all peoples under the wheels of his chariot’. The Pharisees did not ask this enslavement of the nations of a mystical Jehovah, which they continued worshipping in public, only as a concession to popular opinion, for they expected its eventual consummation to be achieved by the secular patience of Israel and the use of human means."

mb-soft.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

School is for academia, parents should be the ones to teach their children religion.

I agree with this statement completely.

Everyone has the freedom to choose to belive what they want, and school is not the place to push any particular religion.

Just because a person is convinced that they are right, and everyone else is going to burn in hell, does not give them to right to push their belief system on others.

Only love can change people...true love...not , "hey buddy...I love you...now get knees and pray or burn in hell."

I admire Jesus and his teachings, cant say the teachings from Christian religious leaders have been appropriately passed down.
(But thats not a message for this thread)

In short, keep religion out of school (or practice in your own spare time there, or in your own little groups)...have classes which teach about different religions, without supporting one.

anyway

Gods Peace to all

dalen

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I didn't go through the numerous posts on this topic, so this might already have been suggested, but why not just make elective courses for religions in grade schools? Obviously, due to the massive number of religions, only the ones in local majority could be taught, but that's better than nothing. That way, the kids/parents who don't want religion, don't take the class. The kids who do want it, sign up for Islam 10 or Catholicism 20 or whatever. Then in that class, they could have the Lord's Prayer or anything else they wanted, without bothering the people who object to it.

Also, why not have quiet areas where religious students can go to pray or meditate or whatever? My university, although secular, has an area in our student's union building where Muslims can go for their daily prayers where they can be undisturbed. The hospital I worked at over the summer had a multidenominational chapel; why couldn't universities or large grade schools have something like that? I mean, we already have librarians and counsellors and advisors; heck, my high school had a cop permanently on site. Why not a pastor? It just seems that there are really obvious solutions to this sort of thing that the schools aren't using.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why can't we learn both what we sorta like we do now, except less rules, no UN friendly biased books(how about non-goverment apporved or govt. printed social studies books), and have social studies books that support democracy, actually books(not pages assigned in American Lit. class), more freedom for teens so they try to make something of themsleves instead of a welfare case, and why not a "World Philosphy and America's ppl" Philosphy class that looks at the pros of cons of all church and indpendent religious beliefs ; that encourages teenagers to not worry about "Celebrities and MTV"(I know I sound hypocritical don't I), all that does is make them more bitter and apathatic and easier to control by the real puppet masters. What America needs now is a united philosphy similar to what Thomas Paine wrote in 1775 in his Pamphlet "Common Sense".

Religion is being used in schools, just like the 2 party system is used in international politics; so we shouldn't fight I say let them go to school, don't keep TV's in the class room, allow specific counties to pick the curriculumn, make Latin a requirement and amatuer mythology-anthopology as required courses becasue it makes students actually care and think, plus it would be "easy". And hold protests in front of the NEA for supporting a agenda that both destroys "pre-1960's feminism"(Can take care of oneself without a man, but both considered different but equal in a sense), and instead of their feminism(women should go against them, not work together with them and "Do whatever" to get somewhere in the world.), because anyone who reads enough libary books can see this all goes back to UNESCO, and therefore, I believe the American public should formal complain and permently break from the UN and anything/anyone(even in UNCHIEF(sorry BSB)) invovled w/ them until we get into the top 5 in education again. Their "standards" are unacceptable. PERIOD. And we can only do this, if ppl wake up, pay attention, instead of believing the BS on the NEWS.

And if your a newbie or a viewer on this site, I suggest you study yourself like I did , before I became a member.

Okay, let's hear it here.
(poor BSB, why did you give that $ to UNICHEIF.)

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's a multi-level thing, hence why I'm pissed at them. I could get a better education from Britney Spears or Anna Nichole Smith. They are using the whole world's countries for their own NWO thing. I hate it, I know ppl at work would believe me b4 them, b/c they know I'm a Bookworm, and damn PROUD OF IT!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join