It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vedas and the Physics of Light revisited

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Although at some point in my threads, I have shared this information. I will share it again to collate the evidence for the VS and materials in one area to make it more accessible to the majority.

Here is a list of the devices and materials fabricated using the VS and the sanskrit texts.

1. The Mercury Ion engine. It was flown unmanned in 1895 to 1500 feet on Bombay, chowpathy beach - before it came crashing down. The inventor, Dr Talpade, used a range of Sanskrit texts to design the craft. At this moment the VS did not exist in documented form, however the author of the VS and Swami Dayananda corroborated with Talpade to produce this. The main text was used was the Samaranga Sutradhara. This has been accredited by hitorian Evan Koshtka, who has described Talpade as the ‘first creator of an aircraft’. Indian scholars accept this as fact. The event was witnessed by the Maharaja of Baroda, the state justice and published by Kesari news paper.

2. The spectrometer. As discussed above, the spectrometer was manufactured at the National Metallurgical lab, India, using the instructions and exact metallurgical formulas as prescribed in the ancient Anshu Bodhini by Maharishi Baradwaja, which is a cosmological text on the evolution of the universe and how the various radiations can be measured. This has also been published in the INSA science journals.

3. Tamogarbha loha: Already produced in the laboratory, light in weight, black in color, found to be resistant to acids. Displayed high level of absorption for laser light (from red Ruby laser - as observed by Prof. Robert Anderson of San Jose State University during his visit to India in December 1991). Some chemical and other properties found to be unique-patentable new alloy. This alloy was used in 'Tamo Yantra' in the Vimana Shastra for the purposes of absorption of light escaping from a photochemical reaction which resulted in absorption of light, thereby generating 'darkness'.

4. Pancha Loha (not the Panchaloha for making idols): A copper alloy, which is highly malleable and also highly corrosion resistant to moisture and salt (NaCl) water. Already produced and characterized to possess golden yellow Color (Hema Varnam). High machinability and on microstructure analysis found to be single-phase alloy with high malleability ('mridulam') and not found listed in ASM Reference (1988).

5. Arama Tamra: A copper alloy zinc, lead and iron of light absorption. Already produced and possesses golden yellow to reddish tinge. Brittle, light and hard, on microstructure analysis found to be two-phase alloy. Very hard, Young's modulus 16.9 (described in Sanskrit text as 'Dridham') not listed in ASM Reference (1988).

Source: Indian scientist Dr. C.S.R. Prabhu. The materials were developed at NML, IIT(Bombay) and BSC(Birla Science centre)

6. Chumbakamani, Paragrandhika-drava alloys. These were developed at IIT Bombay. Chumbakarmani is a special crystal used in some of the devices quoted in the VS.

7. Prakasha Stambhana Bhida Loha, this was also developed at the National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, 1999. It was developed to be used in Baradwaja's spectromemter, because of it's high infrared absorption capability as one of the lens on it. It is a glass like material with stealth properties, because of it's high light absorption.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Many thanks for the info, looks like I'll be busy reading for a while...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Granted, the example of a 'lens' was not perfect, I was at work and had to come up with something quick and was trying to stay within the the topic of the original post. However the main point of my post wasn't really about a the lens in itself, but about the method by which conclusions are reached.

Take the quote from the original post...

quote: "Seven horses draw the chariot of the sun, tied by snakes". Rg Veda 5. 45. 9

The above poetic verse is extremely interesting, because not only does "horse" mean rays of light in this context, but the motion of a snake is curved, and it would therefore imply they knew light did not travel in straight lines, but in a curved path, which is a predicate of relativity that space-time is curved. This can be further corroborated by a verse in the Athara Veda, that says: there are seven types of sun's rays

I am in agreement with Byrd here in that I just don't see this as a valid interpretation. What I see is an assumption made from the start that this advanced understanding of light's properties exists, Using that assumption to interpret a symbolic passage, then using that interpretation to prove the original assumption. It seems very similar to what people do today with the so-called 'prophecies' of Nostradamus.

Horses mean rays of light in this context? It says they draw the chariot of the sun... but rays of light do not draw the sun, they radiate FROM the sun. And for that matter, why would anyone in a society capable of mercury Ion engines be referencing a horse drawn chariot?

Snakes imply that they knew light did not travel in straight lines? If horses represent rays of light why isn't it the horses that also represent how light travels? Is it because horses do NOT correctly represent how light travels so something else must be found to make the predefined interpretation work? The snakes are tied to the horses, and to the chariot also? How is something tied to a ray of light? Also, I would imagin a snake tied between a horse and chariot to be straight rather than curved.

Seven types of suns rays? Well there are seven colors in the visible spectrum, but far far many more type of rays coming from the sun.

Seven horses, if they were portrayed in different colors, would be believable as representations of the colors in the visible spectrum. However i can't stretch this as far as say it demonstrates " a predicate of relativity that space-time is curved "

BTW Indigo, I hope you dont take this as an attack, it is not. I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions and has the right to express them. It just so happens that my opinions differ from yours in the matter. I do enjoy a good discussion though

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Seven types of suns rays? Well there are seven colors in the visible spectrum, but far far many more type of rays coming from the sun.

Seven horses, if they were portrayed in different colors, would be believable as representations of the colors in the visible spectrum. However i can't stretch this as far as say it demonstrates " a predicate of relativity that space-time is curved "

BTW Indigo, I hope you dont take this as an attack, it is not. I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions and has the right to express them. It just so happens that my opinions differ from yours in the matter. I do enjoy a good discussion though

Alright, then I'll concede that the interpretation is not the best. What I am trying to get across that this is a poetic verse describing light. However, if you don't accept that, then the non-poetic verse from the Athara Veda outlining "There are seven types of sun's rays" should get the point across.

Then the fact that light is such an important "element" in the Vedic model of the universe, and considering the colours and the order of the electromagnetic spectrum are represented in the vedic "Charka system" metaphysical energy vortex's in the body. Then the fact that the Vaiseshika sutras, a rationalist text on vedic physics, describes the physics of light as a particle and wave and then the fact there is an ancient light spectromemter, really should end all doubts.

I think it is - moot - nitpicking over the poetic verse in the Rig Veda. When light is so clearly understood - even the speed of light. Here the verse is again poetic "the sun travels at 2,020 yojnas in half a nimesa" which is 99% the speed of light. However, this verse itself does not appear in the Rig Veda, it is based on a commentary of a Medieval vedic Scholar, Sayana. What the Vedas actually say - is that the speed of light is finite like a wind.

As I said the Vedas are written in poetic prose, because there was a oral based tradiation of education then. In order for people to remember information each verse was made poetic. In fact, while the gods are used to describe phenomena, they are also reveered as deity beings themselves. It's called scientific pantheism. The marriage of science with spirituality. That is what the entire Vedic knowledge system was based on.

It is no surprise that Vedas are considered the most scientific religion. In the Vedas even engineering, medicine and physics have a spiritual based origin. For instance, the system of Ayurveda is a holistic system based on healing the mind, body and soul. There is an entire system of vedic surgery, herbal remedies, crystal and gemstone healing, the healing properties of certain heavy metals, spiritual healing, psychotherapy, dreams, chakra balancing, dietary, astrology, colour therapy, physical fitness and meditation and visualisation and healing potions.

It is considered by many the most advanced form of medicine today, and many even think it superior to modern medicine. That is because it is maintained that trauma, dis-ease, begins at the level of consciousness and therefore the entire body must be healed. This is based on a personalised system for each client, unlike western medicine, where one shoe has to fit all sizes.

I have heard stories of people being treated of cancer in Ayur Veda. Similarily, there is a system of engineering and decoration, that takes into account planet orientations, directions to the sun, shapes and colours and how they affect mood. This is much older than Feng Shui.

So, as I said the Vedic system of knowledge is about marrying science and spirituality for the prosperity of society.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a wonderful new thread! stops one from getting ovewhelmed by the mass of information on the other threat on Indian Civ topic. I'm still on the 1t and also relaxing on those leornado websites.. thanks for those btw Byrd.
namely www.gutenberg.org...

nice debate going right from the start! hopefully i will be able to contribute once i catch up with everyone else.

EDIT-i just read vagabond's post near the end of page 2:

[edit on 14/3/05 by el_illumbrato]

his thread was created to be a less cluttered venue for people who have a great deal of interest and knowledge on the subject.

and he has a point to be honest, so i think i'll stay quiet until i actually gain some real knowledge. sorry
lets keep this interesting analytical debate going

[edit on 14/3/05 by el_illumbrato]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join