It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini rant about EU Remainers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Cuz they are closer???? LOL
Applying for my spouse visa indef leave to remain next month so fingers crossed.......I couldnt imagine being seperated from my wife and grandbabies!!!!!!

a reply to: DaisyRainbow

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah I also find the dude that shouts annoying.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

If mods will allow this off topic pic, I pass this nearly every day, makes me think every time, took this pic in this summer, after reading the names of the local boys who were lost at sea or never found ❤️

edit on 19-10-2019 by DaisyRainbow because: Wrong cut n paste

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Aww that's lovely, I hope UK bureaucracy and officialdom agree ☺️❤️
Yet someone from Latvia or Hungary can bring the whole extended family if they like, don't even need to speak English, its nuts dude!
*Don't even need to be able to read or write either!
edit on 19-10-2019 by DaisyRainbow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow
There should be no remain option, that question has already been asked, and should not be asked again or referenda are meaningless and pointless.

Yet the whole People's Vote distraction is to have a second referendum which has "sorry, I made a mistake and want to Stay in the EU" option. While a referendum on the Deal or No Deal would be option, I cannot see it happening. The so called People's Vote is after a retraction of Brexit.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Cheers...that fantastic. I think your fellow country persons need to realize where they came from and pull those bootstraps up. I personally have zero doubt about how post brexit will go. 👍👍👍

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

it's how I'm seeing it as well 👿
I heard the lib-dem woman say a referendum should have Remain as one of two options for goodness sake we've been asked that once and UKGBNI as an entity voted to leave.
We were all told the dangers and scary stories by the remain campaign, I believed it so voted remain, that question does not need asking again until the first referendum has been honoured.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Totally agree 👍
In the last 3 years I've completely changed my view of being in the EU and I want out as well now.
8 billion a year to be members of a club, and that is a net figure after any grants the EU returns UK, don't believe the lies of remainers, the EU needs our cash to prop up the other piss poor countries in the bloc.

Medium term challenges? Definitely, but I'm confidently facing it now, the majority voted so run with it.
Long term I think we will be glad we left, and other EU nations will be jealous little bitches doing what Germany wants. Nah, if I'm choosing sides I'm going with our English speaking cousins...and yes I really can be as shallow and vacuous as that! 😜😂

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow
There should be no remain option, that question has already been asked, and should not be asked again or referenda are meaningless and pointless.

Yet the whole People's Vote distraction is to have a second referendum which has "sorry, I made a mistake and want to Stay in the EU" option. While a referendum on the Deal or No Deal would be option, I cannot see it happening. The so called People's Vote is after a retraction of Brexit.

Any 2nd referendum would be invalid.
There will be a lot of people who will just not bother because they've been shown that referendums don't matter. It would end the idea of democracy in this country. We'd enter years of legal challenges and the country would have the illegitimacy of and second result hanging over it's head permanently.

We had a vote and that vote must be respected.

edit on 20/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Why not a best of three? Neverendum and the example been played by the popularist nationlists in Scotland looking for perpetual referenda until they get what they want.

However it always works in the EU. Several times the results of a referendum by EU member states have been changed by a second referendum becuase it did not suit the EU elites. Perhaps the UK will break that cycle?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Lol. Honestly..the EU could have made it painless, but they obviously dont respect democracy. They were ready to boot Greece no problem.

Anyway...you got at least two more years of this....😂😅🤣😆

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Haha! I'm actually giving it go on bojo nail it, unsigned letter, added formal letter as PM saying parliament are full of # defying their voters in their own constituency areas the supposedly represent, traitors 👿
He's got a card up his sleeve for sure, he's like the mastermind evil villain in a movie, playing a game, I don't believe his buffoonery it's bull#, he's got something, he's playing both sides and watching what happens has just become like a drama tv series in my head, I can't do # about it now so enjoying the excitement each day watching it.

I bet it goes right to the wire on Halloween just before midnight! It's so crazy it is just like watching a full on geo political drama movie and wishing I had an eating popcorn emoji lol 😂

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Peeps just dont understand the EU is designed to help Germany and France.

They dont give a toss about you guys. Go look at the store shelves in France or Germany.....aint no Limey products there...and the ones that are.....are 10x as expensive.
Just sayin.

Bingo. The beloved "free trade area" only sees cross-border trade of a few select products. Someone's getting rich off the scheme, but it ain't the average Europeans, or even most of the small business owners.

Pile on the hugely dysfunctional political structure (and consequent effects) of the Union, and the whole exercise's only benefit seems to be that it gets the politicos of a bunch of European countries in contact with each other on a regular basis.

All of the "should have" arguments today are hogwash. What happened, happened. Now Parliament wants to reverse course. This political dance has done nothing except ensure that whatever happens, people on both sides in the UK will be bitter.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its fascinating to watch isnt it. Its like watching a slow motion car crash.

The problem is the government cant get any meaningful legislation done so in the meantime Newmarket doesnt have any cops and is getting overrun by thuglets from county lines.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi the EU elites

Paranoia rules.

Reality is that the UK has benefitted from it 40+ year membership of the EU. For example, the EU accounts for 44% of all UK exports of goods and services. 3.1 million jobs in the UK are directly linked to exports to the EU. The EU gives direct financial support to over 3,000 small and medium enterprises in the UK. There is the Erasmus programme of university exchanges (benefitting 16000 UK students a year). And then, if you want to retire and live in Spain - you simply can. Or in any of the other 27 countries. And much more.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

yes, and its why I want it done by Halloween even if it's 11.59pm, a second series of this I wouldn't want to binge watch on Netflix new series, first episode November 1st, should start as new post brexit society, the reality has hit so all focus is on damage limitation and full transition to the new status, much of the plot will be then emotional struggles between leave and remainers who disagreed even between friends and families
....then Bojo #ting himself as to how he fixes domestic issues while clinging on to his job and get away with not having a general election if it all goes tits up...but that original leave vote will have been respected 👍
edit on 20-10-2019 by DaisyRainbow because: Got month wrong lol

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

The EU is behaving predictable, well concerted and tries to remain beneficial at all times.

True dictatorialy predictable.

Now, about dicatorships..

you DID notice, didn't you, that you have a PM that has been put there by MINORITY party? That takes away the whip from those that do not agree with his point of view? That refuses to sign a document he legally is obliged to sent? That, in spite of BRITISH Law, he then sends a letter that he does sign in which he goes against the decision of the democratically chosen Parliament?

The EU has not done anything close to this. As I said, it behaved respectful, graciously, and flexible. That can't be said of the UK.

It is the UK that always demanded favours of the EU that other nations did not get: pounds where we have euros, no Schengen where we have, driving at the wrong side of the road, for Gawdsake . But seriously: it was the EU that graciously granted these favours to the UK, only to be rewarded with more requests for more favours. Extension here, negotiation there, extension there, short term forced negotiation here, another extension to top it..

Sure, the EU wants the UK to remain in the EU. It has never said anything else. But the EU has no other force than it's economical power, which it exercises by simply being in existence. No wonder that many that aren't part of the EU would wish it went away: it's a very strong power, far stronger than the UK on it's own.

To cut it short: If the UK really unanimously wanted to leave, they would have done so years ago. But they did not leave yet. Why not? Well, I believe that gradually the people of the UK start to realise what the BENEFITS are of a membership of the EU. And gradually they start to see what wool was pulled over their eyes by selfserving Tory politicians. So, the tides are slowly turning.

We will see where this all ends. But to accuse the EU of 'forcing the UK' or 'being a dictatorship' is utterly, utterly laughable. Saying such things is similar to the childish behaviour of Johnson, whose greatest act of heroism is that he pretends he can't write in moments of great importance [
edit on 20-10-2019 by ForteanOrg because: he wrote imporatance..

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Now, about dicatorships..
you DID notice, didn't you, that you have a PM that has been put there by MINORITY party? That takes away the whip from those that do not agree with his point of view? That refuses to sign a document he legally is obliged to sent? That, in spite of BRITISH Law, he then sends a letter that he does sign in which he goes against the decision of the democratically chosen Parliament?

He is actually doing what the majority of the electorate voted

for, that is democratic. As for removing the whip from dissenters ....

If I didnt do the job I was paid for, I would be sacked !

The EU has not done anything close to this. As I said, it behaved respectful, graciously, and flexible. That can't be said of the UK.

That is a matter of opinion, obviously NOT held by more than half the electorate.

As for flexibility I gave you my answer from your last post on the same subject

It is the UK that always demanded favours of the EU that other nations did not get: pounds where we have euros, no Schengen where we have, driving at the wrong side of the road, for Gawdsake . But seriously: it was the EU that graciously granted these favours to the UK, only to be rewarded with more requests for more favours. Extension here, negotiation there, extension there, short term forced negotiation here, another extension to top it..

I replied to ALL that in my last reply to your last post, so I won't repeat myself.

But I have to take exception with "The EU graciously granting favours"

Its supposed to be business...... you know two sides working together....An equal

footing Not one holding the upper hand and granting favours at their

discreation

Sure, the EU wants the UK to remain in the EU. It has never said anything else. But the EU has no other force than it's economical power, which it exercises by simply being in existence. No wonder that many that aren't part of the EU would wish it went away: it's a very strong power, far stronger than the UK on it's own.

Lets see how strong it is when it has lost its second largest financial contributer

and the other 27 have to dig deep to cover the shortfall.

To cut it short: If the UK really unanimously wanted to leave, they would have done so years ago. But they did not leave yet. Why not? Well, I believe that gradually the people of the UK start to realise what the BENEFITS are of a membership of the EU. And gradually they start to see what wool was pulled over their eyes by selfserving Tory politicians. So, the tides are slowly turning.

In your dreams.... the people have not changed their minds, and those self

serving politicians of all parties concerned will be looking for employment

after the next election

We will see where this all ends. But to accuse the EU of 'forcing the UK' or 'being a dictatorship' is utterly, utterly laughable. Saying such things is similar to the childish behaviour of Johnson, whose greatest act of heroism is that he pretends he can't write in moments of great importance [

The EU is hardly facilitating an easy exit...... when most partnerships end

there is a clean break and a wishing well to each other, NOT the binding

and blocking of a reasonable exit

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: UKTruth

Why not a best of three? Neverendum and the example been played by the popularist nationlists in Scotland looking for perpetual referenda until they get what they want.

However it always works in the EU. Several times the results of a referendum by EU member states have been changed by a second referendum becuase it did not suit the EU elites. Perhaps the UK will break that cycle?

One thing is for sure - if a club is this hard to leave, it stinks.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg that was the common market not this load of crap eu and i have dutch relatives who reg moan about given up the guilder which was a very strong currency

<< 1  2    4 >>

join