It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Destroying the Republic?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: network dude

If you consider a puppet "genius" then yeah Trump is definitely a genius.

who is pulling his strings? I bet it's Putin. Say it's Putin. Go ahead. Do it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

who is pulling his strings? I bet it's Putin. Say it's Putin. Go ahead. Do it.

Yes Mueller proved that Trump is Controlled by Putin.

Didn't he?

Well, maybe Schiff proved that. Right?

Maybe the MSM has the smoking gun.

Maybe Tulsi has it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueFalcon1775
a reply to: HalWesten

Now you know one. I am military and lots of military are turning their backs on a Supreame Leader/ All Knowing Trump.

You would fold that easily? Thank you for your service but your attitude right now is bad for our country. He's doing something that needed to be done for a few decades to return our country to what it's supposed to be. Our founders did not anticipate the fiasco Washington has become and it's about time someone actually did something.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I don’t think Trump is destroying our Republic but I know damn well that the Dems are doing their best to destroy our democracy and sovereignty.

Bingo. Why? Because they want a society dependent on government and to do that they have to ruin our republic as it stands. Once that pesky constitution is out of the way they can do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Just the fact that you still buy into that is amusing. He has proven to everyone (of sound mind anyway) that no one tells him what to do or how to do it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Are we going to see a wave of conservatives, a wave of military, a wave of independents leave camp Trump? 

I have to say; a couple of real life situations the last week or so have made me think about my political philosophy. Here's what I've come up with to explain my current ideology:

I reluctantly stick up for the wrong headed right wing because I'm scarred to death of the fascistic left wing, but even I'm getting tired of the right wing.

I think if the left can put up people who dont scare other people off then they could dominate; for the life of me I don't know why they keep putting up scary people to lead their party.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

He's just about to explain who want's Trump to pull troops from Syria. Besides Trump.

OH, Rand Paul is really the guy behind the Curtain! LOL, Ron Paul got over on us after all.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He's playing a pivotal role in the dumbing down of our society and the building of walls throughout the social structure of our society.

Nope...You're dumbing yourself down on your own, well, with the help of the American Education system...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: JAGStorm
abcnews.go.com...

It sure seems some are starting to think so.

“The America that they believed in was under attack, not from without, but from within,” Adm. William H. McRaven, who led the U.S. Special Operations Command before retiring

Are we going to see a wave of conservatives, a wave of military, a wave of independents leave camp Trump?
Many in the military have revered General Mattis, even idolized, even worshiped him. He left but now there is a war of words between the General and Trump. How will this sway the military as a whole? My guess, not in Trumps favor.

Possibly. America is a democratic republic.
Trump is a businessman. He's trying to run the country as if he's its CEO. But CEOs aren't democratic leaders of a business -- they're at best an oligarchy and at worst a plutarchy.
The generals don't like him and the intelligence community sure doesn't like him. The troops, who love shows of power, seem to be very much in his corner but the commanders have really soured on him according to what I've read.

Uh huh.
How many companies do you own and how have you increased the USA economy?

Possibly one more than you have.

And CEOs ...at best an oligarchy?

Well, as I understand it they're part of an elite team that run and direct operations of a company. That companies are very seldom run by democracy and group consensus and that almost no companies choose their direction by having representatives poll their work groups and then have the results used to make policy.

Running things by an elite team chosen by an elite group is the definition of an oligarchy: www.dictionary.com...

President Trump was elected and will be again (much to your chagrin).

Perhaps.

And where do you get you information on how the troops feel about the POTUS?

My statement that the rank and file in general find his boisterous style very appealing? That's based on my observations (as a military brat in a military family . . . my father, mother, brother, uncles, nephews, and son all being in the military. I'm disabled so do not qualify for the military though I did apply.) So, through the lens of culture I've got a reasonably good notion of how military thinks and I'm quite confident that the rank and file (mostly) strongly supports him.

My statement that the generals don't like him comes from a number of newspaper interviews with generals... interviews that the generals did not denounce. Same with the intelligence agencies. And, of course, there are the books they've written and the issue of leaks. If they loved him and respected him there wouldn't be any leaks.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I have to say; a couple of real life situations the last week or so have made me think about my political philosophy. Here's what I've come up with to explain my current ideology:

I reluctantly stick up for the wrong headed right wing because I'm scarred to death of the fascistic left wing, but even I'm getting tired of the right wing.

I think if the left can put up people who dont scare other people off then they could dominate; for the life of me I don't know why they keep putting up scary people to lead their party.

If I relied on ATS for information on how the left thinks/believes/crafts policy, I'd be scared to death, too.

Instead, I go directly to the source... I read the bills and proposals the politicians put up (or at least the summaries), check the full text of speeches, look to see what legislation is actually being supported.

(nb: I'm a scholar, so I do the same with right-wing politicians and their statements. In general, I find that the wilder and weirder stuff offered by the public is often not in line with what was said or proposed.)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think the majority of people want someone closer to the middle, and there just isn't that person.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DanDanDat

If I relied on ATS for information on how the left thinks/believes/crafts policy, I'd be scared to death, too.

Instead, I go directly to the source... I read the bills and proposals the politicians put up (or at least the summaries), check the full text of speeches, look to see what legislation is actually being supported.

(nb: I'm a scholar, so I do the same with right-wing politicians and their statements. In general, I find that the wilder and weirder stuff offered by the public is often not in line with what was said or proposed.)

Your a scholar; yet you make a knee jerk reaction in your assumption in how I form my opinions, assuming that I rely on ATS for information. Maybe you should do more research next time and the "I'm a scholar" argument might have more credibility.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I guess that's the million dollar question isn't it? Definitely not Putin though, probably the same people pulling Hillary's strings.
edit on 10/19/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

What are you talking about? That doesn't mean anything to me. Please clarify. 😂

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Do you know who the wealthiest people in the world are

Yes unfortunately I do, because of my age.

Old Money:
Rothschilds
Duponts
Vanderbilts
Genovese
Rockefeller

Newer money
Waltons
Kochs
Gates
Bezos
Buffett

Even more so, there are many new players from China and India and other foreign countries that are building up their wealth empires.

How would someone stepping in to solve all those issues and unite us after all that be accepted?

If you are saying Trump is the one to unite us and solve those issues, I'll have to disagree.

edit on 19-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think the majority of people want someone closer to the middle, and there just isn't that person.

I agree; unfortunately the majority of people work for a loving and have more real life conserns that they can't spend to much time dealing with politics. The political class take advantage of this fact.
edit on 19-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No but the criminal MSM and absolutely idiotic general public Sheeple who watch them are, along with the oligarchs and criminals in the top eschelons of government, the military-industrial complex, and the Intel community from whom the MSM gets their marching orders.

If people weren't so lazy and stupid they wouldn't be able to manipulate the public like they have and do.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Show me the poll and I’ll show you a oversampling of Democrats and a undersampling of independents.

they even do it in the fox polls .

True.

But Independents are an elusive breed.

I'm one of them but you'd never know it by my official party affiliation - currently Democrat. At any given time, I pick a major party where I feel the primaries are important. If so, then I want to cast my vote, and I pick the party where I believe my vote matters most. So I'll cast my vote either for a candidate, or against another candidate by picking their rival.

Once the primaries are done - I can choose whatever candidate of whatever party I wish in the voting booth.

I actually have a friend that has been voting for whoever is the 3rd candidate on the ballot in every major race. It's his way of protesting the candidates themselves and the election process - both functionally and media spin/hype wise.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. But it does make laugh, so there's always that.

edit on 10/20/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Republics often tip into dictatorship. It is a weakness in that particular political system.

So, no, I'd guess not.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join