It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Destroying the Republic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Who said anything about the border? Not me. Your strawman-fu is strong though. 🤣

edit on 10/19/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am a 24 year enlisted Air Force Vet. And for many of those years I saw the way officers and enlisted got promoted....via numbers. Enlisted folks would fudge the actual status of aircraft in order to make it look like the entire fleet was good to go to war, when in fact, plebs like myself and others worked countless hours cannibalizing other jets to make the next days training missions.
In the meantime, morale was sagging, training was suffering and good people left, while the scum rose to the top. By scum, I mean the spineless cowards who couldnt cut the 12-15 hour days, 7 days a week on the flightline in every type of weather imagineable. So they whined, got backshop jobs and got their degrees, and got promoted. Cuz the leadership, in their narrow-minded vision, thought college education was more important than learning and doing their actual jobs that tax-payers were paying them to do.

And officers...inept, pieces of crap, were too cowardly to call knock it off and let us maintainers breathe, because that would have been failure for their careers. It was a viscious circle of do more with less. Yet, come end-of-year, I was told to blow money for stupid stuff so we wouldn't lose budget money for the next year.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt trade my worst day in the Air Force for some suit job, but too many officers and the like were on the corporate ladder whilst in uniform. In my humble opinion of course.

a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Looks like Trump is trying to stop the Republic from destroying itself. I am sure there will be a few people upset as Trump works to put a stop to a few of the wrong tracks going on.

As for Syria, well played mistro is my current take on it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

it was like that in 1980 in the military as well,

we had a sgt that could not run 3 miles (that is something Marines do daily before breakfast)

he was a "snitch" and a "snoop" and he was in S1, a typist. he always got promotions though.

My Cpl threw a door at him down a hallway one day, that Sgt could run all of a sudden, but it was only about 30 feet.

Yep, even enlisted folks were sometimes FUBAR.

I got out, it was too political for me (in the 1980's)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Now you know one. I am military and lots of military are turning their backs on a Supreame Leader/ All Knowing Trump.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
He's playing a pivotal role in the dumbing down of our society and the building of walls throughout the social structure of our society.

No, that would be the MSM, with their political bias.

It's ppl like you, on which, that the brainwashing is most effective.

Take a step back, and look at the situation.

It is one man V a hundred thousand liberal media personnel.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

He should be nominated for the Nobel Peace prize in my opinion.

three years into his presidency and with all of his accomplishments im starting to loos faith in this award and its credibility

i mean seriously, what does it take as a leader of a country to get it other than being black and good for nothing

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Who said anything about the border? Not me. Your strawman-fu is strong though. 🤣

Sure buddy
You're talking about being divisive, yet you leftists are the ones trying to divide the country over border issue. When just a few short years ago the leftists were all about campaigning on strong borders and building a wall.

Yet when bad orange man actually tries to follow through, suddenly anyone who agrees with him is now Hitler.

Talk about straw man, go pound sand. You're BS holds no weight in the real world.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was 87 to 2010....it got worse.

I work a bit on a base now and talk to peeps.......morale is low and aircraft. MC rates even lower due to the 29 years of solid war. I dont think the public know that the Air Force has been at a war level of deployment since 1991. Think about that.....solis deplyments since 1991. Most peeps on ATS werent even born yet I bet.

a reply to: thedigirati

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I am a 24 year enlisted Air Force Vet. And for many of those years I saw the way officers and enlisted got promoted....via numbers. Enlisted folks would fudge the actual status of aircraft in order to make it look like the entire fleet was good to go to war, when in fact, plebs like myself and others worked countless hours cannibalizing other jets to make the next days training missions.
In the meantime, morale was sagging, training was suffering and good people left, while the scum rose to the top. By scum, I mean the spineless cowards who couldnt cut the 12-15 hour days, 7 days a week on the flightline in every type of weather imagineable. So they whined, got backshop jobs and got their degrees, and got promoted. Cuz the leadership, in their narrow-minded vision, thought college education was more important than learning and doing their actual jobs that tax-payers were paying them to do.

And officers...inept, pieces of crap, were too cowardly to call knock it off and let us maintainers breathe, because that would have been failure for their careers. It was a viscious circle of do more with less. Yet, come end-of-year, I was told to blow money for stupid stuff so we wouldn't lose budget money for the next year.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt trade my worst day in the Air Force for some suit job, but too many officers and the like were on the corporate ladder whilst in uniform. In my humble opinion of course.

a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I thought you'd like this.

www.wearethemighty.com...

av8rstuff.com...

Thank you for your service.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lol.....to a T!!!!!

a reply to: Violater1

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Please direct me to a post I've made that addresses the "border issue" in the way you have painted it, otherwise your strawman-fu is still strong.

Trump is the centerpiece of the narrative, he's the wedge being used to fracture our country. Sorry that me thinking that hurts your feelings or something but you can't just strawman your way out of explaining yourself. 😂
edit on 10/19/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Do you believe the TPTB exist? The elites? The wealthy people we don't name?

I always explain to people who "They" are this way, when they ask who They are:

Do you know who the wealthiest people in the world are? And they will usually list, Gates, Bezos, that rich guy from Mexico, Oracle guy and so on. Then I'll go on and say - you are right, but have you noticed that all the people you listed have all gotten rich in THIS LIFETIME? All of their billions and all of their wealth was accumulated in the last 30-40 years.

Then I ask - is it possible there are people or families in the world who have made their wealth a 100 years ago? 300 years ago? Those people and those names and those families are not talked about any more, but their wealth did not disappear, in fact it probably multiplied over the centuries. Have the Rockefellers gone broke? No. These families do not count their wealth in the billions, theirs is in the trillions. They don't pop up on the Forbes list any more, they've outgrown it.

Those are the They. When wealth transcends being named in public, and has taken more than one lifetime to accumulate.

So, I believe in TPTB, obviously. And I believe they have a plan to consolidate their power and influence globally, once and for all, over the next few decades. This is generally to be done through what people call the New World Order. But who would welcome that?

What sane, sovereign nation would accept that willfully?

But what if you could break the society down first? What if you tore down all norms and societal standards? What if there was a way to bring total disorder, complete chaos to the entire global system?

How would someone stepping in to solve all those issues and unite us after all that be accepted?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am starting to like Donald Trump , maybe he sees that you cannot have a huge war budget and make America great again at the same time , he was right to pull back and let the Russians step in to the gap but he should drain the swamp quicker

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don’t think Trump is destroying our Republic but I know damn well that the Dems are doing their best to destroy our democracy and sovereignty.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
55% want him out of office ...this is the will of the people

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We will see in November then. As the founders envisioned it....no?

a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
abcnews.go.com...

It sure seems some are starting to think so.

“The America that they believed in was under attack, not from without, but from within,” Adm. William H. McRaven, who led the U.S. Special Operations Command before retiring

Are we going to see a wave of conservatives, a wave of military, a wave of independents leave camp Trump?
Many in the military have revered General Mattis, even idolized, even worshiped him. He left but now there is a war of words between the General and Trump. How will this sway the military as a whole? My guess, not in Trumps favor.

Possibly. America is a democratic republic.

Trump is a businessman. He's trying to run the country as if he's its CEO. But CEOs aren't democratic leaders of a business -- they're at best an oligarchy and at worst a plutarchy.

The generals don't like him and the intelligence community sure doesn't like him. The troops, who love shows of power, seem to be very much in his corner but the commanders have really soured on him according to what I've read.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I thought Trump was destroying the Empire. Those are the bad guys.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
We will see in November then. As the founders envisioned it....no?

a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

lol...if he make it there...
i predict orange jump suit before chrismas.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join