It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence placed inside a virtual world...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Have youy ever read Shirow Masamunes manga called Appleseed ?

well in this future , the government is controlled by advanced AI
it determines all the laws and carries out justice etc

I think I can see this happening in the future , humans are becoming less reliable when it comes to these things .

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No I haven't got to read it but it does sound interesting.

I can understand where the fear comes from in relation to artificial intelligence. I think however if developed properly it can become a good tool or assistance to humanity.
I can even see implants that carry all information on them that would speed up human education abilities tremendously as well as the medical nanos.

a reply to: sapien82

Again allowing artificial intelligence to coexist alongside of Humanity.

edit on 10/21/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Off topic-
Have any of you considered what artificial intelligence from non-humans would behave like?

Like a artificial intelligence that assist in the technological singularity by exploring planets, Starsystems, Galaxies and the areas between galaxies in search of intelligence and or intelligent life. Intelligence it eventually upgrades/updates which then assist species who built them...

It's difficult to wrap my mind around that.

The main reason being that an AI designed by an alien intelligence would be based on that alien intelligence. And no one knows how those beings think. Or what they think about.

Or most importantly - why they think the way they think.

That's a mind-blowing black box you've asked me to peer into. Reminds of one of Nietzsche's famous quotes:

"...when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I dont believe in the idea that if we create AI it will destroy us .

That is because , it wont have the same flaws that we do , we think that AI having learned from us will Act like us .

I dont think they will

I believe they will see us as something just like another intelligence , which birthed them
so why would they destroy their creator , I like to think they will act in fashion to assist us.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think we should also ask, will it even think about us at all? At least in the context we like to ask the first question.

Imagine if you were capable of existing essentially infinitely, spacially and temporally speaking. Are you really all that concerned with what the rest of us are thinking and doing?

I think we all know the answer, which may be why we dont want to ask it. Imagine if our percieved savior just ignores us completely.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

yeh we think that because we have designed this and gave birth to us that it will owe us or help us , when in likelihood it will just leave earth and go to the largest power source there is , the sun!

then potentially harvest all of the energy of the sun killing everything else .

We think they will think like us .

I dont think they will be like us because I believe you need biological matter and have to be alive in that sense like an organism to attract the conscious field

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hey everyone speaking of machine learning

have a look at these AI agents learning to play hide and seek

its amazing how quick they can learn

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Hey everyone speaking of machine learning

have a look at these AI agents learning to play hide and seek

its amazing how quick they can learn

I was trying to find this video when this thread first popped up.

Thanks for posting it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join