It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's famous phrase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So I did a search for this and nothing came up so i thought i'd post it for some friday fun. I don't normally get to into this kind of thing, but this one honestly left me scratching my head.

Take a look at this and see if this is how you remember this scene.

Now me myself, I remember this being 'E.T. phone home' but reality says differently and apparently it's 'E.T home phone' now I remember this phrase being essentially a meme at one point so I honestly don't know what to make of this. Happy Friday.
edit on 18/10/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I would agree with this ‘Mandela’. However, the two children reiterating it wrong, is probably where we didn’t absorb what he really said, in the first place. Hence, you and I remembering it differently.

Good catch though. I always thought he said ‘ET phone home’.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The "Mandela effect" gets me too.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
why about in other languages?

before was et call home

now is et home call

pick up?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I can not watch the vid. I am with the family and they're watching some gad awful thing with shatner.

I remember it that "phone home" and "home phone" are both spoken, but possibly in different scenes. It is part of how ET develops language, babbling and putting words together in nonsensical combinations.

However, it is highly unlikely that my already ravaged memory hasn't also been Mandella Effected, perhaps multiple times.

The only thing I'm absolutely certain of is that in this timeline I don't eat cheese for some reason. I'm hoping to skip to a cheese-eating timeline soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I owned the old Atari game.
"E.T. phone home"
Repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I would agree with this ‘Mandela’. However, the two children reiterating it wrong, is probably where we didn’t absorb what he really said, in the first place. Hence, you and I remembering it differently.

Good catch though. I always thought he said ‘ET phone home’.

I think this is the answer. The kids say it so much clearer and more than once.

So ‘ET phone home’ is what most would remember. That's what I remember anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I actually miss pearj’s threads. Mandela mania! If anything, the ME conspiracy got your mind thinking.

Interestingly, it doesn’t appear he’s been on ATS for exactly 1 year and 1 day. Wonder if he gave up on the ME conspiracy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-10-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, could be that you shifted into another yet very similar dimension were ET home phone.

Or could be somebody quipped with that particular vid you linked.

Or maybe you did not watch the rest of it. Either way, 1982 was when the movie came out. Its been a while I bet since anybody watched that movie.

Watch the scene, after pointing at the window he says the dialog everybody remembers. But still, pretty weird as ya, everybody remembers him pointing to the window and saying ET phone home.

Or it could be that the universe is running out of hardrive space to store all this junk data out there, in this universe, and well who knows what the universal memory works on, possibly RAM. And like a videos online from so long long ago, or data on storage equally as long, everything slowly just degrades over time.

Here it is, skip ahead and just watch after the window scene, he says, ET phone home. So who knows.

edit on 12amSaturdayam192019f6amSat, 19 Oct 2019 00:01:32 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: Added vid.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Another Mandela effect here.

Go on, bring in the ridicule and the old mantras about faulty memory. They always appear in such a big scale that i have grown totally immune.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
ET himself as a non English speaker struggled to say words and sentences, the children say ET phone home, not sure why people think anything has changed.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
In the German version he literally says the same words but directly translated.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Well, could be that you shifted into another yet very similar dimension were ET home phone.

Or could be somebody quipped with that particular vid you linked.

Or maybe you did not watch the rest of it. Either way, 1982 was when the movie came out. Its been a while I bet since anybody watched that movie.

Watch the scene, after pointing at the window he says the dialog everybody remembers. But still, pretty weird as ya, everybody remembers him pointing to the window and saying ET phone home.

Or it could be that the universe is running out of hardrive space to store all this junk data out there, in this universe, and well who knows what the universal memory works on, possibly RAM. And like a videos online from so long long ago, or data on storage equally as long, everything slowly just degrades over time.

Here it is, skip ahead and just watch after the window scene, he says, ET phone home. So who knows.

It's interesting that OP would post a cut down version of the vid and not a version of the whole scene.
It's almost as if OP hasn't actually seen the film. As if they've just seen that vid and and thought "Yes! More proof! I'll show Pearj how to do it properly around here!", without actually, y'know, looking into it...

Oddly enough ET says it the way OP remembers it towards the end of the film too.

What's REALLY strange though is I don't remember ET saying that in this scene. I remember him singing Start Spreading The News and a big dance number starts, ET wearing top hat and tails, a little mini tuxedo and cain and everything. All the other little ETs join in and there's absolute chaos happening in the whole building.

Elliott was bloody told not to get that little prick wet!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I can not watch the vid. I am with the family and they're watching some gad awful thing with shatner.

I remember it that "phone home" and "home phone" are both spoken, but possibly in different scenes. It is part of how ET develops language, babbling and putting words together in nonsensical combinations.

ET actually says "home phone" and then "phone home in the same scene.

Let me just say that one more time, in the same scene.

(whispers) He even points to the window the same way both times he says each way...

It's perplexing how some people can't remember the integral part of the plot where ET slowly learns English when they know the film so well...

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
It's perplexing...

Agreed man, totally.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Or it could be that the universe is running out of hardrive space to store all this junk data out there, in this universe, and well who knows what the universal memory works on, possibly RAM.

Just sloppy programming combined with being too skimpy with memory. That's why we get synchronicities and deja vu. Rather than create all original material for the old memories or completely new experiences, they just dump in generic "filler" that you won't bother remembering too well. Kind of like using copy and paste trees for backgrounds in video games. If it gets sloppy enough you start to notice.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh, there are better more perplexing Mandela effects out there, but this ET scene is not one of them.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh, there are better more perplexing Mandela effects out there, but this ET scene is not one of them.

So this begs the question;
Why has someone created that edited vid in the OP?
Is it just trolling?
Bait for the gullible?
Is there some sort of "fake news" agenda here or is this just for #s and giggles?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978
Or they were to lazy to watch past the one minute mark of were ET points at the window, and forgot that there is a second scene literally right after, were he does the same thing and says the sentence everybody remembers.

It happens.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
NO! ET said ET home phone and then the kids worked out what he was saying as ET phone home. ET's language is different. It puts the predicate before the subject. This scene is highlighting how children are better-able to to work out weird language syntax because their brains are still plastic. Why do you think teaching sign language to infants works so well?

You should really read the script for ET 2 that never met film. It's the sort of horror movie I wish had been greenlit. ET2 is the greatest horror film ever never filmed.

top topics

join