It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why atheism and atheists are just wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Which God an Church should I give my money too, since your haven't identified yourself out of all the other beleives?

Yahweh, Elohim, Allah, Jesus( and his other 200 plus names which are all the same god, which have a religion for each different name ), Buddha, Odin, Zeus, Ra, and the other 100000 Hindu Gods I cant name right now.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

I usually give my money to people. I've never given money to our god before.

Give it to people who share it.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The way I understand atheism is from the American Atheist Association:

"Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods."

Atheists who claim there is no evidence for the existence of God seem to have a very precise definition for the word "God". For these people, there is a presupposition God or gods must be a thing "out there" to be experienced like an object. Objects have definitions. Objects have limitations. Objects have boundaries.

It's not just objects that have definitions, limitations and boundaries everything does, personalities, the forces, feelings...everything

The thing is every definition of the idea of God I have ever read in religious texts describes God as being infinite, without boundaries, and transcendent. However, presupposing God is a "thing" presupposes God has finite boundaries. Since only "things" can be experienced as real in the minds of atheists, there is a presupposition to what it means for God to exist. It's not just that there is no evidence for the existence of God. What atheists are really saying is there is no evidence for the existence of God the way atheists have defined what the word "God" means.

God hasn't really proven he does exist, has he? "To be real" meaning having measurable, detectable effects on reality. The ball lies completely in God's court. If we got the definition wrong, why not just stopping by and tell us?

And as experiments in quantum mechanics have shown, at the smallest possible scale of measurement, nature is not made of material substance. But reality only exists as potential possibilities that do not become realized without some strangely spiritual element deciding something is being observed. The scientific evidence seems to suggest our entire reality is part of some kind of higher dimensional mind.

Most atheists simply ignore all the evidence and implications of the evidence coming from measurements being done at the smallest possible scale. Atheists have an absolute dogmatic belief in philosophical materialism...

Think of it this way: if you're in the centre of the Crab Nebula you don't see the gas cloud, we from here do. That doesn't mean it's selfaware and deciding to put on a disguise. The same is true for all scales. Everything is always a matter of perception and sometimes angles.

There's something really comforting about philosophical materialism, it's extremely reliable, always does exactly what you calculated/predicted once you know the laws.
God on the other hand...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Which god are we talking about again?

I've given money to people too before, but I found out it only made there problems worse.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I don't know. It's possible you made Satan your god.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I didnt go to church , kicked out of Sunday school cause my mom couldn't afford it. We didn't go back cause priests started molesting kids. My mom later made a huge garden in back yard where she found God. I remember someone in 9th grade asking me if I believed in God I don't know music says not that I was listening to , I don't know I guess not. I just had N.ear D.eath E.xperience and I was like 2nd grader or 4th grader.
Sometimes think atheism as default cause don't have a belief system. OP said it's not a belief system. My sister is same way she had some church friends in twenties and was, " I am not sure if I see or believe all of this". At first. I had talks with her and she believes there is something after life. I had the NDE and didn't say anything out loud ( was in coma) woke had complete amnesia. I wasn't trying to say that when started writing Science , what does science say when you die? I see people have all these intelligent discussions here on religion or more specifically Christianity . Don't talk about politics. Beginning to see things that go beyond what can prove. Sorta like ," that's not possible" saying about anything in life. What if there is purpose and meaning not random mountains architecture . I don't know what trying to say, trying not to be offensive.

Edit I did it again thinking why am I here or anything here, had numerous kicks to head just accepted things ,, Sorry to all the religious they don't teach this I school have to find it
edit on 2-3-2020 by GhostWriter123789 because: Idiot

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Say it...come on...you know you want too.

I am a tad Gnostic, so yea, my God would be Satan, but he goes by God.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Say what?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Your gods name.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What about it?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
People who don't follow God are payed to do so.

Conspiracytastic.

Which one - there's a veritable pantheon to choose from.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Yea, but most of all the God responsible for creation.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The term God, imho, should be redefined.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Source, origin.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

People who don't follow God are payed to do so.

who exactly " pays atheists " - and why

and more important - wheres my money ?????????????????????

i want paying - pluss back pay - with interest

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

No money for you - you need to do some legwork lol

edit on 5-3-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yea, but most of all the God responsible for creation.

I don't think anyone knows anything (but I do know cultism is bad) - this vid from Chile is awesome.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

We don't see the night sky like this here and the sun descends moving to the right.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They went too far for far too long.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

reality has a purpose

Why can you be 100% certain of that?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join