It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Zantac Recalled From U.S. And Canada After Carcinogen Found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Have you ever heard of Barrett's Esophagus? I've got it and I'm in the 'pre-canserous' cell stage which means I must endure an endoscopy every 6 months.

What is it? It's caused by GERDS (which is relieved by Zantac) - and - it's when your throat is burned by acid reflux so incredibly your body actually replaces the 'burnt' cells with cells that are most remarkable like intestine cells. (Gross huh).

And - if you've ever had an acid-reflux attack? It's life threatening.

BIG TIME.

So - yeah, though I HATE 'pills' - this is one that's a must.

I've changed my diet (keto) and the acid reflux is almost gone - but...not quite yet.

edit on 1340Friday201913 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Bluntone22

Geez , is Heartburn That Bad to Deal With ? Give Me Heartburn , or Give Me Death !

Heartburn can actually be cancerous. Far more so than the risk from Zantac.
Barrett's esophagus

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was just explaining that in the post above yours.

I've got it.

It sucks.

And yeah - I'd rather have the relief and worry about cancer from the Zantac than go without.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Yes I saw yours when I posted and it went to page 2. Sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing well, and your throat is healing well.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Hey … thanks for all those replies. That is lots of stuff I can try, and I will. I have 5 zantac tablets left, and I will switch after they are gone.

My situation unfortunately is that I have sleep apnea (treated with a Bi-Pap machine), and seem to be prone to ulcers / GERD anyway. I am a blood type O positive male, and that is a demographic that seems to have more stomach acid issues baseline. Anyway, I don't eat spicy food after noon, avoid drinking liquids an hour before bedtime, and sleep with my head elevated to start. I tried the apple juice vinegar, but could not tolerate it (it gave me bowel issues).

Coconut oil is a great suggestion … I will try that. I will also try to switch to a different over the counter H2 blocker, and will do some reading. Thanks to you all. Truly. Best wishes.

edit on 18-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Peppermint tea helps my heart burn. Sleeping on my left side also seems to stop it when its firing up in bed.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I had GERD for about 3 years then had a heart attack.

Funny part is after my 5 way bypass surgery 13 years ago i have never had GERD again.

And my doctors have never been able to explain it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Sorry to hear that, yeah some people may need these, but some people also eat them like bread everyday, because they eat only unhealthy foods.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I was going to suggest apple cider vinegar as that has worked miracles for me (no more severe heartburn, lost 13kgs with no other change in diet, clear skin if mixed with fresh squeezed lemon juice, less migraines), but I see you already tried it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's not the chemical in the stuff that's the problem. It's a contaminant that is not supposed to be in there.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can't see how the amount of NMDA in that pill would be able to cause cancer in a person. That chemical is sometimes formed in drinking water that is chlorinated. It is present in smoked meats, and most people have the enzymes to detox it. Those who cannot detox it in say smoked fish, probably would not like the taste. It would be lots higher in smoked fish than that pill.

I think that there is something else wrong with that medicine. Maybe the companion chemistry in the med is causing the cancer. I am sure the manufacturer of it has tested it and found a flaw. They blame it on NMDA from contamination but they actually have something else that is causing an increase in cancer in it. Our bodies could all handle a little of that chemical. Otherwise they would quit chlorinating water.

Agree with rickymouse here. The downfall to much of our research and discovery of such things is that we're always trying to pinpoint a single cause, when it is far more likely a confluence is at play.

I had a close friend die of a rare form of stomach cancer at almost 40 years old. I always felt that the Zantac she took daily was somehow to blame, though I attributed it more to the shutting down of proper stomach acid.

She was sick a lot (just regular illnesses), which can easily be caused by weak stomach acid from medications. Maybe there's more to it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's not the chemical in the stuff that's the problem. It's a contaminant that is not supposed to be in there.

Actually they think it may not be a contaminant and may be due to the chemical makeup of the drug.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I can't see how the amount of NMDA in that pill would be able to cause cancer in a person. That chemical is sometimes formed in drinking water that is chlorinated. It is present in smoked meats, and most people have the enzymes to detox it. Those who cannot detox it in say smoked fish, probably would not like the taste. It would be lots higher in smoked fish than that pill.

I think that there is something else wrong with that medicine. Maybe the companion chemistry in the med is causing the cancer. I am sure the manufacturer of it has tested it and found a flaw. They blame it on NMDA from contamination but they actually have something else that is causing an increase in cancer in it. Our bodies could all handle a little of that chemical. Otherwise they would quit chlorinating water.

Agree with rickymouse here. The downfall to much of our research and discovery of such things is that we're always trying to pinpoint a single cause, when it is far more likely a confluence is at play.

I had a close friend die of a rare form of stomach cancer at almost 40 years old. I always felt that the Zantac she took daily was somehow to blame, though I attributed it more to the shutting down of proper stomach acid.

She was sick a lot (just regular illnesses), which can easily be caused by weak stomach acid from medications. Maybe there's more to it.

The symptoms of too much stomach acid are often the same as too much stomach acid. Unless you do a test to make sure that it is high acid, you should not focus too much on reducing acid. High histamine is different than high acid, people need to know that. The easiest way to find if it is high or low acid is to do the baking soda test described in multiple places on the net. Take a little baking soda in water and if you do not get gas, chances are your stomach acid is not high. That does not mean histamine is not high though, treat with food chemistries that lower histamine naturally.

Histamine is released in the stomach if the body senses there is a problem with the food or it is released when you are hungry to stimulate the body to increase energy levels. Histamine is also used to help with energy levels. Too much histamine is not good, not enough is also not good. Tomatoes, avacados, and cinnamon increase histamines in the body everywhere, including the stomach. There are H1, H2, H3, and H4 histamines. Each has a different use in our bodies, moderating the ones you need to moderate is important. Sometimes lowering more than one is necessary. Sometimes increasing some types is necessary. Histamines increase mucus production also, mucus is necessary to make things slide through our guts, inhibiting histamine too much is also not good. There are different kinds of antihistamines, knowing which one to take at what time is pretty important.

This is a very long subject but my point is that some people think their acid is high but it is actually low. If you take antihistamines you raise the risk factor for cancer and some types of bacterial or fungal infections. A doctor knowledgeable about this should be consulted. Trouble is that doctors do not want to contradict a person when they say they have high stomach acid, they do not test to see if their acid is actually high, they take the word of the person who might not be interpretting things right. Any antihistamine raises the chance of a cancer forming. Tie that to some carcinogens and you may have more problems.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The symptoms of too much stomach acid are often the same as too much stomach acid.

I am sure that is true

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

The symptoms of too much stomach acid are often the same as too much stomach acid.

I am sure that is true

Ahhhhhh. Too much same as too little. I came up here after working on a car to relax a bit. I hate working on cars where the parts are so hard to get at. It is a Honda...the darn VTEC valve is in a miserable place on that car. But it is done now, works good, no leaks.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I am sure that is true

Ahhhhhh. Too much same as too little. I came up here after working on a car to relax a bit. I hate working on cars where the parts are so hard to get at. It is a Honda...the darn VTEC valve is in a miserable place on that car. But it is done now, works good, no leaks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join