It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign is Threatening to Sue CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks like The Trump Campaign has sent letters and demands to CNN !!!

They will sue if CNN doesn't cut out their BS !!

Apparently those videos from Project Veritis have Merritt 😎

Long list of demands contained in the "Letter".

Who will "WIN" this fight ?

The Letter is in the Article to read first hand 😃

Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

Outraged by secretly taped anti-Trump comments attributed to CNN President Jeff Zucker and others at the cable network, President Trump’s campaign is vowing to sue the company for “a substantial payment of damages.”

In a four-page letter to CNN, Zucker, and Executive Vice President David Vigilante, Trump attorney Charles J. Harder cited years of anti-Trump bias at the network and claimed the cable giant has broken its promise of “excellence in journalism.”

Listing several examples from the just-released Project Veritas videotapes of CNN insiders describing Zucker’s demand for “impeachment above all else,” Harder wrote that they “are merely the tip of the iceberg of the evidence my clients have accumulated over recent years.”

He added, “Never in the history of this country has a President been the subject of such a sustained barrage of unfair, unfounded, unethical and unlawful attacks by so-called 'mainstream' news, as the current situation.”

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

First.... That would be AWESOME

Someone needs to. Defamation lawsuit I'm betting. Once CNN hunkers down, I'm sure others will follow. Though at the same time, he wouldn't get the publicity he may need... Oh who am I kidding.. lol

Second.... Who is the chick in all your smoking gifs?!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think the standard will be to prove that CNN purposely sought to damage the President and acted with clear malice PLUS evidence of those damages.
Ordinarily, it's a very tough bar to get over for a public figure to win any defamation/libel case and I suspect even harder for the POTUS. That said, the issue of whether CNN are purposely lying and acting to damage a public figure is probably a fairly easy case to prove - but then comes the material damages...not sure how you would quantify this.
edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm going to disagree.

1st Amendment, President Trump.

Get over it.

CNN may suck, but they have that right to suck all they want. In a free society, we must occasionally suffer the onslaught of slings and arrows. . . .

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I’ll counter with “I’m gonna be re-elected by my campaign and CNN is gonna pay for it.” — probable Trump rally cry for 2020

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Slander and libel are not covered under the first amendment. That’s why the law has provisions for things like defamation.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

While this may be partially true (slander does not count in 1st). Eventually someone or a group of people who have had enough of their BS is going to take matters into their own hands.

edit on 18-10-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Is it illegal to be biased though?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm going to disagree.

1st Amendment, President Trump.

Get over it.

CNN may suck, but they have that right to suck all they want. In a free society, we must occasionally suffer the onslaught of slings and arrows. . . .

There are limitations. If it causes someone harm financially or physically it's no longer protected. Trump has a strong case but defamation is very difficult to prove. Like the false story the one anchor ended up getting fired for that caused a major disruption in the financial markets. Doxing someone another example.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm hoping the Trump team wins this one. This President has taken more than enough bull from fake news and dems.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Is it illegal to be biased though?

It is if you let that bias lead to a concious effort to defame and slander with the result that is casues clear and measurable damage.

I am with you, though. I'd rather people in public office just got on with it and accepted that competing political ideologies will always bring with it lies and propaganda. Don't like it, don't run for office.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

CNN is biased, they hate Trump.

They are critical of aTrump, but what’s next?

Silencing me or my comments on the communist Warren?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Second.... Who is the chick in all your smoking gifs?!

Ummm...that's Xuen Chen...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Nope. Freedom of Speech allows for most anything.
Freedom of Expression (that made up extension to Speech) doesn’t prevent you from being punched for what you said. And while assault is illegal, it is little consolation to the blood running down a broken nose.

So CNN sued for defamation and the compensation from that used to fund re-election sounds like winning to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

When you criminalize hyperbole then only criminals will be able to say outlandish things.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

CNN says all sorts of outlandish hyperbole, that doesn’t make them criminals. Claiming to be journalism when they are clearly infotainment is pretty sketchy and could fall under outright fraud.

And you have a PM since the envelope doesn’t work.
edit on 18-10-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Translation:

"There is nothing we can do about all the witness testimony, and no way to legally prevent it, so we will attack those who report on it."

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

CNN says all sorts of outlandish hyperbole, that doesn’t make them criminals. Claiming to be journalism when they are clearly infotainment is pretty sketchy and could fall under outright fraud.

Then you could accuse 99.999999999 % of all other “journalists” as well.

This is where I’d suggest to Mr Trump to grow some thicker skin, continue to mock CNN and lower my taxes again because I want a boat.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This is where I’d suggest to Mr Trump to grow some thicker skin, continue to mock CNN and lower my taxes again because I want a boat.

I like your forward thinking

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

1st amendment is for americans, not for anti-American corrupted liars.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join