It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First all female spacewalk happening now.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
so two qualified astronauts completed a space walk and completed repairs, its funny how we all say we want equality yet part of that is to stop holding certain groups up as special when they do something.

That's not a dig on women that's just how I see it, in the military I dont care your about your gender, your religion, or your skin color, you work hard and are good at your job you are part of the family.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I've often said that we will have true equality when nobody notices.

Funny you mention the military.
Feminists are pushing for female representation and equality but they never talk about putting women in the draft.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: CynConcepts

a reply to: ketsuko

What did earhart do that hadn't already been done?

Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean in 1928, but was the first person to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific.

Did she make it across the Pacific?
I know she died in the Pacific.

Good point.

Always wondered if this was done on purpose. Perhaps someone took her out because she was an inspiration to women to do things 'that only a man should be doing'... Back then, that was the 'normal' way of thinking. Not to mention that some may have thought that she might be a lesbian or possibly bi-sexual. If that had been a widespread rumor, perhaps men in power might have feared losing their grip on power.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Feminists are pushing for female representation and equality but they never talk about putting women in the draft.

or the front lines

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

or the front lines

I don't think to many people want women on the front lines. Most are not physically capable of keeping up with the men.
But rhey can still provide a useful function.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

or the front lines

I don't think to many people want women on the front lines. Most are not physically capable of keeping up with the men.
But rhey can still provide a useful function.

I do agree 100%. I don't mean to sound like a man on this (whatever that means) but there are some things a woman should not do, may not be cable of doing, or flat out wrong to do. Catching bullets is definitely one of them. polyurethane protrusions around my hu-manity is another. But if someone wants to demand equality, I mean, it would have to be so across the board. It's only fair.

I believe women are extremely important, other than being the sole half of humanity to continue our species. They bring things that a man can not and could not endure. I'm not referring to pushing out a baby. There is a balance and I believe tipping that balance isn't good for humanity.

However, there are things a woman can do as well as any man and we shouldn't exclude them from that.

Some things... Just no!

But... If any woman wants an overgrown male sugar baby in his 40s... I'm all about that
Just give me an excuse not to work!
edit on 18-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I Heard they were 15 Minutes Late for the " Walk " . Figures .........)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Understand when I question the historic nature of this spacewalk that I take nothing away from these women. Being an astronaut puts them in an exclusive company and nothing will ever take that achievement away from them. Very few people in the world can stand beside them and say the same. They each deserve respect for that alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

My space hero is John Young

He served in NASA for 42 years from 1962 to 2004

Crewed missions in Gemini. Apollo and Space Shuttle . Included were some of the first shakedown missions

Gemini 3 with Gus Grissom, then commanded Gemini 10 with Michael Collins

Apollo 10, which flew to 50,000 ft of moon in May 1969 testing out the procedure for Apollo 11 to follow, Landed on moon as commander of Apollo 16.

Flew first shuttle mission in April 1981 with Robert Crippen . Then flew again on shuttle

The consummate professional

Sadly passed on several years ago

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Heard they were 15 Minutes Late for the " Walk " . Figures .........)

Try putting lipstick on whilst wearing a space helmet...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Congratulations ladies 💪👍

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Its pretty impressive I guess. Hopefully now that women have been in near orbit, they can quit tripping over everything.

But to tell the truth, the first all female spacewalk. Well its nowhere near as impressive as this girls moonwalking skills.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CynConcepts
You wait. They'll be celebrating the first time a woman takes a dump on Mars like it's historic.

That cracked me up

We were sitting at the mechanic's today during this "momentous event", watching it on their TV (NASA channel) Hubs pointed it out sort of half-paying attention, and the only thing I could think of, and say, was "So the hell what? They're not the first humans to do a space walk. They're just women." We had the kids with us (both girls) and without missing any beats, one said "Yep, not a big deal" and the other said, "They aren't doing anything new and exciting."
The look of utter surprise/borderline shock on the face of the other guy waiting on his car in the room with us was priceless (a late 20's/early 30's something) He looked like he desperately wanted to chime in, but to his credit, kept it to himself.

Edit: And I did point out to hubby that the likelihood of anyone not a TOTAL facts and tidbits NASA nerd giving a hoot is nil, and few will ever remember their names. Thus it wasn't accurate to say they're going down in notable history if no one gives a rip.
edit on 10/19/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/19/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

They did a really really good job.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join