It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First all female spacewalk happening now.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Bluntone22

Svetlana Savitskaya was the first woman in 1984 and a dozen other women have done spacewalks.

So why is this a big history in the making thing? Personally, I find it insulting, like a pity participation award or title they hand out like candy!

Ooh...not just one woman but TWO!

That's how I see it, two... Two women who are qualified are chosen to do the spacewalk, end of story. I like Bluntone, I just don't share the same enthusiasm.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, I imagine that melted Martian glacial water will do a number on the astronauts. Talking astronomical record breaking dumping! Cue: Southpark episode-record turd episode.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Hope they make good space sammiches up there and know where the fridge is!

I honestly hope they do a good job, but it's a routine spacewalk, so I'm not sure why we're making a huge deal out of it. A couple of competent women ought to be able to do it as well as any two other competent astronauts. Their sex doesn't mean anything particular really if they're doing their job.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Nice. Can't wait for the first transgender walk.

Are you sure we haven't already?

I would not recognize it unless they said they were beforehand but it's possible. The first sex in space, has that happened? Sure it has but unit I see the headline, "The First 220 Mile Club Members".

The Russians sent women into space from the 60s on so it would be believable that they could have played hide the pickle.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I wasn't really making a big deal about the event but I do think it needs mentioned.
Hell I thought amelia earhart was overrated but she was a groundbreaker.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

She was a groundbreaker because she pushed the limits for everyone, men and women. These ladies are just doing routine astronaut stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What did earhart do that hadn't already been done?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah, while we're on the subjects of first in space I'd like to commemorate Neil Alden Armstrong.

I never really knew much about the first people on the moon since it was before my time. But the more I read and saw about Neil the more I admire the guy. What an absolute stand up humanbeing if there ever was one.

Salute

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean in 1928, but was the first person to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
okay 2 woman together in spacewalk… sorry wats the fuzz about it ?????????
womans are not aliens ore did i miss something?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Yes. Well done love now how about a cuppa and don't forget the biscuits. Whats for dinner?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean in 1928, but was the first person to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific.

Did she make it across the Pacific?
I know she died in the Pacific.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yes. Well done love now how about a cuppa and don't forget the biscuits. Whats for dinner?

“And once that dinner and the washing up is done love and you want to feel like a real woman...

...rips of shirt...

“ Iron this please”

“Tiptoes out of thread”
edit on 18-10-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I do all the ironing at home🙃🙃🤪

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

On January 11, 1935, Earhart became the first aviator to fly solo from Honolulu, Hawaii to Oakland, California. Although this transoceanic flight had been attempted by many others, notably by the unfortunate participants in the 1927 Dole Air Race that had reversed the route, her trailblazing flight had been mainly routine, with no mechanical breakdowns.

She was the first person to fly solo over both the Atlantic and Pacific. That is what encouraged her to fly around the world.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Hawaii to Oakland is considered transoceanic?

That's not even half way.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Successful in your eyes or not, she still was pushing limits of what all aviators had done to that point. These two ladies are only doing a routine spacewalk.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: oldcarpy

“And once that dinner and the washing up is done love and you want to feel like a real woman...

...rips of shirt...

“ Iron this please”

“Tiptoes out of thread”

The sisterhood will be coming for us.
Be afraid.
Be very afraid.
!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

I wasn't really making a big deal about the event but I do think it needs mentioned.
Hell I thought amelia earhart was overrated but she was a groundbreaker.

Well, their tool sack will soon be in orbit somewhere, so there's that

The day I find success building my light speed spacecraft, I'll probably hit that tool sack shortly after I hit light speed and get blown into a million pieces. HA!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Successful in your eyes or not, she still was pushing limits of what all aviators had done to that point. These two ladies are only doing a routine spacewalk.

Honestly that has more to do with the airplane than the pilot.
But seriously, doesn't transoceanic mean across the ocean?
Not across part of the ocean?
Don't get me wrong, she did a lot of great things I just feel she gets to much credit.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm more partial to Calamity Jane to be honest... Any man besides Wild Bill crossed her in the Late-teen hundreds, that was his ass. There weren't many frontierswomen out there, if any.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join