It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange resilient ahead of ‘epic’ extradition battle to USA on Charges of Espionage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

His legal team is welcome to make that argument.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
... he has therefore NO CASE TO ANSWER.

That is for the courts to determine. Surely assange is not above the law?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That is for the courts to determine. Surely assange is not above the law?

You've missed the point sadly.

FACTOID: He does not fall under the jurisdiction of any US court.

Surely assange is not above the law?

That's a pretty cheesy question to be honest.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
You've missed the point sadly.
FACTOID: He does not fall under the jurisdiction of any US court.

Um. As I said that is for the court to decide. That would be a point of contention in his extradition.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Then his legal team will have a very easy time winning.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
assange's imprisonment, and in particular the manner in which he was removed from the embassy, were a disgrace and a stain on the reputation of england (one giant stain anyway). i hope he has a chance. he represents the anti - 'them'.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Maybe I am wrong, but didn't the embassy revoke his protection?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Any person , group , etc. that assisted in exposing Hillary's malfeasance , should be considered for a Congressional Medal of Honor.
It is not their fault the US's incompetent , politicized FBI would not even prosecute.
Period
/End Rant.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Let's swap Assange for that Sacoolas woman, the American who ran rather than face justice for the crime she committed. They can have Assange if they give us Sacoolas. Harry Dunn deserves real justice.

Personally, if America is not going to play ball with the UK over a genuine crime, then perhaps we should just close all diplomatic channels, air bases, embassies, and any trade links with the US. There never was a special relationship between the US and the UK, and it is way over due that we stopped pedalling the idea that there ever was one.

We should turn away from the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Perhaps a better counter would be that he's being charged under US law - so all the us constitutional rules apply.

I don't know why you continue to feed these guys, they're going to continue to argue the definition of materials (materiel).

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: surfer_soul

are you insane - or just taking the piss ???? - the 6 year " ecuador embassy fiasco " was due to mr assange avoidance od sweden policy

Assange didn’t want to go to Sweden because he feared being extradited to the US not the bogus honey trap allegations. If you read them you would know just how bogus they were. People like you argued that the US was very unlikely to extract him then, but they obviously do want him don’t they!

You’re the one with mental health issues I’ve read enough of your posts to know this, there is help available out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Let's swap Assange for that Sacoolas woman, the American who ran rather than face justice for the crime she committed. They can have Assange if they give us Sacoolas. Harry Dunn deserves real justice.

Personally, if America is not going to play ball with the UK over a genuine crime, then perhaps we should just close all diplomatic channels, air bases, embassies, and any trade links with the US. There never was a special relationship between the US and the UK, and it is way over due that we stopped pedalling the idea that there ever was one.

We should turn away from the US.

Go ahead, it's no skin of our noses. But you're right, the diplomatic immunity BS should have extreme limits, not be used for almost anything. I've always felt that way because foreigners get away with a lot here that we citizens can't (and shouldn't).

Assange is getting railroaded in my opinion, he should be given immunity for exposing real crimes if HE didn't illegally obtain the information. From what I've read and heard he didn't obtain them illegally but they will expose some very powerful people, something that's long overdue.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

What if Trump made a deal with the Queen when he visited GB?

Pedophilic Prince Andrew gets a pass for attending Epstein's parties with little girls. She knows his proclivities and wants to keep this under wraps and no one questioning the value of the royalty, lest their allowance be cut off. Queenie sends him to spend the winter in Scotland wearing a kilt to cool him down.

Assange is extradited to the US and testifies that Seth Rich gave him a flash drive with the emails on it in exchange for leniency.

If this scenario has any truth to it, a word from the queen in the proper places will suffice to have him on his way to the US.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

He's a whistleblower, shouldn't his identity be protected? Under current rules the whistleblower should have tremendous rights such as anonymity.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join