It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange resilient ahead of ‘epic’ extradition battle to USA on Charges of Espionage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: TerryDon79

That's correct same rights that are afforded to all of the migrants by the US District courts who are here in the USA illegally.

Rights aren’t “materials”.

What “materials” is he being “deprived” of?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You seem to have jumped ship from materials to saying his defense has been rejected by the courts. Ok .. it's a bad defense. No one has the right to win with a bad defense.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

OK? So what materials is he being deprived of for his defence?

The US Constitution & Bill of Rights and The CFR [ Code of Federal Regulations]

Rights aren’t “materials”.

As per the RT article

deprived the materials he needs for his defense

What “materials” is he being “deprived” of?
edit on 18102019 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Actually I want him to go to trial here BUT in a civilian court here and ALIVE!

Let it all come out as it will come down on Obama, Brennan, Comey et all. Then turn them all over to the US military under a formal Tribunal.

I am very fine with that. I also believe I have proved that Julian also has rights as a non US citizen just like the illegal migrants under established US Constitution to be tried in a civilian courtroom, nit by a military tribunal. At least not initially.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well, he is alive. And you still can't produce what materials he is being denied. He doesn't get to choose if it is civilian or military. If he thinks he is in the wrong venue he can make that argument, the court will decide, not him, not Trump, no idea how Trump even entered into this.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Stale but nice try. Whats is good for illegal migrants or aliens here is good for Julian. According to established rulings by US Courts.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Stale but nice try. Whats is good for illegal migrants or aliens here is good for Julian. According to established rulings by US Courts.

Then he can make that argument to the courts, right?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Still no list of which “materials” he’s being “deprived” of.

It’s almost like RT made it up and you fell for it like a good little follower.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

FFS - read your own sources , read wha i wrote - and actually comprehend both

mr assange - does NOT enjoy the blanket protection of te US consitution 1st ammendment - while sat in a UK prison cell .

what he publishes in the US does

and he will should he ever get to the US

hint - this is why your own sources state that illegal imigrants - have 1st amendment rights , NOT random mexicans

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It’s not John Pilgers fault that RT didn’t go into details. He is one of the best journalists out there, nobody else is reporting on it and your not questioning that?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

It’s not John Pilgers fault that RT didn’t go into details. He is one of the best journalists out there, nobody else is reporting on it and your not questioning that?

Are you sure there are actually any details to go into? If you do, then surely you’d be able to share those details? Like the “materials” he’s being “deprived” of?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Trump pardoned some pretty sketchy characters, surely he will come to the aid of assange, the man who's WikiLeaks Trump loves.?!

Trump's integrity will prevail here. Assange shed light on the swampiest of swamps, Trump has to honor that.
he's a man of Honor.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Are you sure there are actually any details to go into? If you do, then surely you’d be able to share those details? Like the “materials” he’s being “deprived” of?

I don’t know why you’re fixating on the materials he’s being deprived of, if it’s not been reported all anyone can do is guess. I’d suspect legal documents.

What is important here is that he has finished his jail time for skipping bail, and is being detained while the court decides wether or not he should be extradited to the USA. For reporting on war crimes committed by military personnel. Who should they be going after here, the guy exposing war crimes or those who committed them?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

At one point I thought he might pardon Assange. Right now though he's going to be extremely harsh on anyone that could possibly be considered a whistleblower.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's a shame on my country that Julian is still in Belmarsh Prison when people who have committed actual crimes are in easier low security prisons , it's good to see John Pilger fighting for the cause.

Free Julian Assange !

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

i wonde why he has not been granted bail ??????????? ROFLMAO

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

What is important here is that he has finished his jail time for skipping bail

According to the RT article, the “important thing” is he’s being “deprived of materials that he needs for his defence”.

I guess you’re in the same boat as the OP. An unquestioning follower who eats up every click-bait they put out.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

As an Australian citizen I don’t see what right Britain has to detain him now he has served his sentence. If anything he should be going to Sweden to quash the bs rape charges brought against him surely?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Just as I thought you ignore the point about the war crimes and resort to personal attacks about me eating up click baits. Keep on shilling I see right through it.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

edit on 18102019 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join