It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Completely Roasts Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

IC generally refers to the Intelligence Community.

MIC refers to the Military-Industrial Complex.

Ahh...that makes perfect sense in the context of the post.

I did know what MIC is but only because I asked the question here a few days ago.

I appear to be jargon and/or acronym challenged in these areas.

I shall try to remedy the situation.

It sucks when you don't know what the "cool kids" are talking about...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Isolated America from Europe? Surely you jest. By the time John Adams was in office, America and England had reopened relations and they were quite good. 1812 was a small hiccup but then we had relations after that too. America got rather involved with France as well.

The instant Washington left office, we began having a real foreign policy, and while he was in office we still had some unofficially.

We're not talking about putting the globe under one leader. We're talking about using the US's soft power to reduce conflict. Soft power relies on a few things, first and foremost it relies on trade as economic leverage gives you political leverage. Additionally, it relies on having troops in the area, this is something that only the US can do. On top of that it relies on diplomacy... the type that only comes about from having a stable government.

Under Trump we have abandoned all of those concepts, and the US is hemorrhaging soft power, in fact it is almost all gone. And it does not get rebuilt easily.

Also, lets take your idea in the opposite direction. Why have a federal government? Why not 50 states? Given the cultural differences in urban/rural areas, why even put people under individual states? Why not break it into counties? But counties can have different forms of government between towns, so maybe we should break it down further to local government only? But even then, people might disagree with their local government... so maybe we should just abandon government all together, and have anarchy where each person can conduct themselves as they wish?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

Are you saying the country was united before Trump?

It definitely wasn't as bad as it is now. Are you saying it isn't worse at the moment?

ETA: I don't remember right wingers threatening to kill me when I was speaking out about Mitt Romney.

No one has threatened to kill you.

Lolz

Show some proof to the police and in your cupcake world they have to investigate. But your claim isnt true.

We all laugh at your posts and I'm pretty sure no one takes you seriously.

But if you want to post a police report I will eat my words....

Lolz🤪

Huh funny. I recall dbcowboy claiming he was threaten during the obama years just a few post down from the one your responding too, yet no call for proof on that one .... hmmm, did I just miss your response to that? Or did you not even bother due to being a right wing partisan jackass? It's ok take your sweet time with the hypocritical response im sure you'll have.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join