It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Completely Roasts Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

Are you saying the country was united before Trump?

It definitely wasn't as bad as it is now. Are you saying it isn't worse at the moment?

ETA: I don't remember right wingers threatening to kill me when I was speaking out about Mitt Romney.

I still got death threats when Obama was in office because I disagreed with policy.

I think I've just received a little too many lately. At this point I find it hard to respect anyone who stands with people who want to kill me.

I don't see that changing.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

It is hard for a sane person to respect that.

I wouldn't call Mattis a sane person, not even Obama trusted that warhawk.

Leon Panetta said Mattis lacked "the maturity to look at all of the options that a president should look at in order to make the right decisions".

edit on 18-10-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
By far the best Marine general was Smedley Butler whom had a whole battalion camped at the white house..trying to stop another war.

Upon leaving..

He told the media; War is a racket...

That said not only is general Mattis fear baiting, but Trump made a great call by having this swamp creature step down.

Keep up the good work Trump as this might just slow down veteran suicides and the endless waves of immigrants whom lost their sovereignty due to endless political wars

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kingsquirel

That said not only is general Mattis fear baiting, but Trump made a great call by having this swamp creature step down.

Mattis was retired and enjoying civilian life before Trump asked him to become Defense Secretary. Trump literally brought Mattis back into the game. So if you're going to call Mattis a "swamp creature" then you've got to condemn Trump for hiring him the first place.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

We do understand the Al Smith dinner is a "roast" with guests poking fun at themselves, opponents, politics and events? (fundraising for charity)

Since most here believe WIKI--link

A similar example is The annual dinner of the White House Correspondents’ Association, whuch is blackbrie yet it is similar...even Bush Jr. made fun of himself there for not finding WMD. This afore mentioned particular event has recently become piliticallt weaponized recently (not in jest, or humor) which explosively backfired as the genre's were recognized for what they actually message.

Recently Trump has (wisely) stayed away from these traditional events because satire, humor, 'roasting' etc. are now cast aside and today reported as fact or used in a character attacks in this climate.

IMO Trump has many things to be 'roasted in jest about, many comedians I've heard are damn hilarious about the man. But its easy to discern the comedian from the agenda, the speaker from the intent.

mg

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

Are you saying the country was united before Trump?

It definitely wasn't as bad as it is now. Are you saying it isn't worse at the moment?

ETA: I don't remember right wingers threatening to kill me when I was speaking out about Mitt Romney.

No one has threatened to kill you.

Lolz

Show some proof to the police and in your cupcake world they have to investigate. But your claim isnt true.

We all laugh at your posts and I'm pretty sure no one takes you seriously.

But if you want to post a police report I will eat my words....

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

I think the overall point, removing individuals from the perspective, is that in todays political environment you have the "right" acting rather raucous and threatening, mostly in hyperbolic rants. The reality of right behavior tends to be quiet and reserved in public. Because....

....on the left you have a full scale ostracization of anything remotely appearing to like DJT. To a degree that people are asked by academics to not wear a red hat for what it represents.

But death threats, etc, seem to be an exception. And most often that exception seems to be faked entirely (think Smollet).

I spent an hour this morning discussing political and economic stuff with a "heart of Austin" liberal. He and I found many points to agree on, many to not agree on, and a smile with a friendly "good bye" at the end of our conversation. So sane people exist, and I don't think sanity is a fringe item.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Mattis was retired and enjoying civilian life before Trump asked him to become Defense Secretary. Trump literally brought Mattis back into the game. So if you're going to call Mattis a "swamp creature" then you've got to condemn Trump for hiring him the first place.

I think what he's trying to imply is that in fact Obama was the one who hired the dastardly Democrat Mattis and Trump rode in on his white horse and vanquished that warmonger before he could do any harm.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Mattis mocks Trump's bone spurs.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Lol...ok is that what the MSM told you or do you know first hand?

As I could also say: I know the general personally and he was my least favorite brass!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Mattis is a filthy traitor.

Calling the PRESIDENT - HIS COMMANDER AND CHIEF - 'Mr'?

And all the imbecilic little jokes?

He should be ashamed with himself.

What a baboon.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingsquirel

Mattis was retired and enjoying civilian life before Trump asked him to become Defense Secretary. Trump literally brought Mattis back into the game. So if you

Lol...ok is that what the MSM told you or do you know first hand?

As I could also say: I know the general personally and he was my least favorite brass!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He is retired again, served with distinction for many years, the guy certainly earned his right to say what he wants either as a joke or if serious.

link   
a reply to: silo13

Trump calls Mattis the most overrated general in the world, it’s fine.

Mattis agrees and he’s a traitor.

Can’t even make this stuff up

link   
Yes this my first post, I'm a long time lurker.

Anyway here's an interesting clip form 2016

youtu.be...
edit on 18-10-2019 by TimeForAThirdParty because: Still learning how to post a video on this site

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TimeForAThirdParty

Let me help you...in your youtube link only paste the number of the video. Your video is xoTIJrkeKb8

And should post like this:

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Hmmm. Maybe Mattis should show some real balls and throw his hat into the Presidential race. Then he can be more than just a General. I think Mattis would make a great President, but until he can make that happen and beat the Media, DNC, RNC, CIA, FBI, the House, RINO's and Trump himself, he isn't doing himself any favors. He is a hell of a military man, but I don't think he would make it in the real war.

I think he is ribbing Trump, but Trump ribbed him first.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: TimeForAThirdParty

Let me help you...in your youtube link only paste the number of the video. Your video is xoTIJrkeKb8

And should post like this:

Peace

He wasn't lying. Mad Dog was a great General. Was being the operative word.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Aww how dare anyone make fun of his majesty in chief?

Leave Donald Alone!!!
edit on 18-10-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The real underling issue at hand is not Trump roasting Mattis or vice a versa.

The problem is that we have leaders in positions of power whom been taught for years i.e. decades
now that continued wars is good.

So now you actually have a Potus who listened to the general public and is trying to withdrawal from areas in which nothing is gained!

So...there are going to be a lot of lost money goverment contracts and feelings hurt. Due to ignorant repetitive social norms that have been called business as usual here in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join