It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Completely Roasts Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Regardless of what Trump says - or does, I ALWAYS expect Mattis to be the consummate professional.

Barbs & snide remarks aside (which could be just optics for the press)

I think both Mattis & Trump have what they consider the best interests of the country and the American people at heart.

Now that the uniform is closeted, the whole protocol, command chain situation is obsolete and comms aren't as "chilled".

ganjoa

edit on 2019-10-18 by ganjoa because: duh

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
These zingers are totally not hateful and make me love General Chaos even more

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Mattis probably shouldn't be calling himself the Meryl Streep of generals.
So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly that sounds pretty good to me.

Streep praises Roman Polanski (actor and director) who drugged and raped a 13-year old girl.
Oh yeah, and she also called serial sexual predator Harvey Weinstein "God".

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I don't know why Trump ridicules Mattis... I wish he wouldn't do it. Its not good, lots of military respect Mattis and this wont be doing any favours.

stfu dude

General Mattis is a good man.

And he's a helluva good Marine.

The troops *love* him. Because he would never ask them to do something he himself wasn't willing to do...and often did.

I'm neither pro Trump nor anti Trump although I do find his entertainment value pretty high.

But he would be making a very big mistake if he continues to try and take on Mattis.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh boy, he threw some ad hominems! What a sign of a great mind!

FWIW, there is no honor in earning spurs on a battlefield, killing foreigners to prop up a corporatocracy. In fact, i'd say it makes him a rather lousy human to take so much pride in earning $$$ for US billionaires while taking the lives of people who'd rather have not had to engage him to begin with.

But please...praise the war machine. Especially when it can lob insults that grab headlines.

And y’all say the lefties are the ones that can’t take a joke. Christ this is some Through The Looking Glass hilarity

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Says every military warmonger everywhere.

Face it. His life is mute without a war so of course he would be anti-antiwar.

He's a Rambo without a bandana. Useless - From a gone era of war and bloodlust. He's no longer relevant. That's his fear.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You must not know what a roast is if you think THAT roasted Trump. The man compared himself to Meryl Streep.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Likened to this:

Trump: We need to build a wall.
Dems: WE DON'T NEED A WALL, RACIST!

Trump: Ok, we won't build a wall then.
Dems: BUT WE NEED A WALL, YOU UNAMERICAN TRAITOR!

Trump: Do you want a wall or not?
Dems: YOU DON'T DARE QUESTION US! IMPEACH 45!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is hilarious. All the righties were CREAMING themselves when Mattis got appointed. Now, orange man say he bad so he bad. LOL!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Alas, T.D.S. is the bad form L.S.D. of the 2000's...

You take it once, just once, and lose your mind entirely.

That's the problem when you take things made by backyard bathtub hacks...
edit on 18-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks for mentioning that. It is a roast. Headline is somewhat deceiving. Op makes it sound like something other than them joking with each other.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Because obama's pullout let ISIS form. Trump knows what he's doing, rest assured.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We also have a retired Admiral writing a co-ed in the NYT.

As part of the fallout from the decision to withdraw from Syria, Admiral McRaven (retired) says that whilst Trump has not done anything woring, the sooner he is removed from office the better.

Just let that last paragraph sink in a little.

edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Beware: incoming furrowed brows and anger from people who claim they don't like Trump but strangely can't take any criticism of him..

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Doesn't matter. Democrats will never think about that again since he said something negative about Trump. That's how you get your golden ticket to their utopian hell.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Because obama's pullout let ISIS form. Trump knows what he's doing, rest assured.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
This is hilarious. All the righties were CREAMING themselves when Mattis got appointed. Now, orange man say he bad so he bad. LOL!

Sure thing.
It appeared Mattis was a good choice at the time.
But when a Cabinet member doesn’t go along with his boss’s desired policies, he either conforms or leaves the position.
But put your Leftist spin on it like you clowns always do.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You must not know what a roast is if you think THAT roasted Trump. The man compared himself to Meryl Streep.

My thinking too: Mattis just compared himself to Hollyweird.

Meanwhile Trump--who admittedly sought and received deferrals--stays in character and seeks to deescalate regime change/imperialism while calling the foreign policy warmongers and the military-industrial-complex "fools."

He did that yesterday, right before going to Dallas. No President since JFK has dared to do that. That's not only extremely brave but a true service to our country.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: RazorV66

It's also hilarious to see ask the people that decried Obama's pullout of Iraq support Trump's pullout of Syria.

Bingo.
Bango.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Two days after Trump made his disasterous blunder in Syria, he announced that he's sending our troops to Saudi.

He isn't "bringing them home" he's hiring them out.

Mattis, as every other person who has left the President's employ, knows first hand what Trump's incompetent impulses cause.

No one is arguing for war. Stop lying.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join