It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Completely Roasts Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Last night former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis was the keynote speaker at the Al Smith Memorial Foundation dinner. This comes shortly after Trump referred to Mattis as "the world's most overrated general."

Up to this point Mattis has been rather quiet about his time working with the President. These recent comments by Trump seem to have changed this however, as Mattis took a number of shots at Trump in his speech.

These include:

I earned my spurs on the battlefield; Donald Trump earned his spurs from the doctor

I'm not just an overrated general. I'm the greatest, the world's most overrated. I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress. So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly that sounds pretty good to me.

And you do have to admit that between me and Meryl, at least we've had some victories.

It definitely seems like Trump's move in Syria has started costing him support within the military. Mattis was willing to play the Good Soldier up until now and say nothing bad about his CO.

He has also taken fire from Texas Rep, and former Navy Seal, Dan Crenshaw. A man that primarily ran on a pro-Trump platform.

Now with the newest updates in Syria, it's possible that Crenshaw will come back in to the fold. In the case of Mattis however, Trump should've just let sleeping dogs lie. It'll be interesting to see if Mattis starts openly discussing his stories from his time in the Trump administration.
Source
edit on 10/18/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So? How is the actions in Syria a threat to the security of the USA and it’s constitution? And warrants US military action vs a diplomatic solution? If the USA needs to go to war in Syria, then the House should declare war?
edit on 18-10-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

That's traitor talk!

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You

It definitely seems like Trump's move in Syria has started costing him support within the military

Because the enlisted ranks want to go to Syria? And their families see sending them to Syria as a justifiable sacrifice?

+48 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Haha

Wow, you leftists are now the Worlds Biggest hypocrites. (I can't say Greatest, because there's nothing great about tyrannical authoritarianism.)

Suddenly supporting American imperialism and interventionism. Supporting generals and warhawks. Your TDS has become terminal.

sad
edit on 18-10-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
Mattis was part of the years long, failed Middle East policy by the previous administration.
It’s time to let these countries solve their own problems without the cost of American lives and money.
Trump recognizes that and took action on it.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is hilarious. Maybe it was 4D chess all along. The left are now war-mongers and interventionists.

Time for Patriots to take back the Republic.
edit on 18-10-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Where am I supporting Mattis' past actions? I'm just enjoying seeing the Right starting to eat itself. Just like you guys always claim about the Left.

I also think that Trump made a dumb move angering Mattis. He's pretty much been the only person removed from his post that hasn't publicly spoken out against Trump. Now that policy seems to be done and he's probably the one that can do the most damage to Trump's reputation.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Haha

Wow, you leftists are now the Worlds Biggest hypocrites. (I can't say Greatest, because there's nothing great about tyrannical authoritarianism.)

Suddenly supporting American imperialism and interventionism. Supporting generals and warhawks. Your TDS has become terminal.

sad

Yeah it’s hilarious that all the people that supported Obama’s pullout of Iraq now condemn Trumps pullout of Syria.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

So then, if Mattis is so overrated and outdated, why did Trump give him the job in the first place? Why were all of Trump's supporters so happy about his appointment?

I thought Trump only hired the best people.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It's also hilarious to see ask the people that decried Obama's pullout of Iraq support Trump's pullout of Syria.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Where am I supporting Mattis' past actions? I'm just enjoying seeing the Right starting to eat itself. Just like you guys always claim about the Left.

I also think that Trump made a dumb move angering Mattis. He's pretty much been the only person removed from his post that hasn't publicly spoken out against Trump. Now that policy seems to be done and he's probably the one that can do the most damage to Trump's reputation.

When did Mattis become a right winger? Most all of the US Generals are very good at staying apolitical.

He didn't even say anything political in the above statement, he responded to Trumps remarks about him. But whatever you think supports your leftist talking points I guess...

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Is Mattis on the 'Right'?
I thought he was a general that became Secretary of Defence and fell out with Trump because Trump wanted to withdraw from wars around the globe.
Both Trump and Mattis have been quite insulting of each other. What's another insult?
If Trump is on the side that wants to end wars and intervention and Mattis is on the side that wants to continue them, then I am not with Mattis at all (despite his credientials)
You're welcome to take sides in the insult hurling if you want and align with the war hawks.

As for "enjoying" as you put it - I commend you on your ability to create fantasies that lead to your enjoyment.

edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It's also hilarious to see ask the people that decried Obama's pullout of Iraq support Trump's pullout of Syria.

Not as hilarious as seeing people who supported Obamas decision to pull out of Iraq now screeching about a much lesser issue of pulling out of Syria after Obama's huge mess has been cleaned up.
edit on 18/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As OP's title suggests...it sounds like it was literally a 'Roast'...i.e. a banquet with good-hearted jokes and criticism.

Being generally humorless,...the Left tends to take all jokes as serious literal commentary.

edit on 18-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't know why Trump ridicules Mattis... I wish he wouldn't do it. Its not good, lots of military respect Mattis and this wont be doing any favours.

stfu dude

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I don't know why Trump ridicules Mattis... I wish he wouldn't do it. Its not good, lots of military respect Mattis and this wont be doing any favours.

stfu dude

Tend to agree. Goes for both of them imo.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Oh boy, he threw some ad hominems! What a sign of a great mind!

FWIW, there is no honor in earning spurs on a battlefield, killing foreigners to prop up a corporatocracy. In fact, i'd say it makes him a rather lousy human to take so much pride in earning $$$ for US billionaires while taking the lives of people who'd rather have not had to engage him to begin with.

But please...praise the war machine. Especially when it can lob insults that grab headlines.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

stfu dude

Because Trump is a jerk. And for some reason otherwise dignified people tend to enjoy a roll in the mud with him.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Generals need wars.

Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join