It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People think Elijah Cummings signature was forgery on subpoena for guiliani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don’t why why they would need to forge his signature but people are think someone forged his signature.

Here is the link mobile.twitter.com...

They think it’s Adam Schiff based off the writing style.
edit on 18-10-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

Does anybody have any ideas why this would be done? First off Cummings would have gladly signed this however his health was crap during this time and his signature is extremely off. Why would Schiff forge cummings signature while Cummings was on his deathbed?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is just some nonsense to distract from the way the Democrats are running proceedings.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is just some nonsense to distract from the way the Democrats are running proceedings.

I’m not sure about that the handwriting is clearly off and not his style at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser

originally posted by: UKTruth

I’m not sure about that the handwriting is clearly off and not his style at all.

The man was ill, so ill he was about to die.
I think we can forgive him some handwriting flaws.
This is a disinformation trap.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Does anybody have any ideas why this would be done?

If I am not mistaken House committee rules requires the chairmen to authorize / sign off on all subpoenas. No other chairmen can issue a subpoena for a committee he / she does not control. Also in the House the minority members of the committee cant issue subpoenas on their own.

If I had to guess Dems are pushing for a quick impeachment (before the end of December) and so far no replacement has been announced, essentially halting his committee's actions in this area. While Pelosi assigned Schiff as the lead impeachment member (along with his committee) the other committee chairs were told they have to turn their investigation material over to Schiff to "coordinate" it all.

Also Gulliani is under some type of investigation by the SDNY so of course Dems are going to pile on.

Little do Dems know though that they are done. This illegal impeachment farce is not going to stop whats coming down the mountain at them.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Could have been a staffer who spoke with him and was asked to sign it, who knows.

Doesn't really matter though, because you know he would have gleefully signed it anyway, but for being in poor health.

I agree with UKT though, this is just a red herring, a nothing-biscut.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well, that's actually a good point. I hadn't thought about it that way. Interesting.

I guess it is a little bit concerning because of what it is, a legal Subpoena.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Could have been a staffer who spoke with him and was asked to sign it, who knows.

That would have had to have been stated up front with a chance to challenge.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well, that's actually a good point. I hadn't thought about it that way. Interesting.

I guess it is a little bit concerning because of what it is, a legal Subpoena.

Yeah and the media over the last couple of months has been lying about this issue. Democrats keep claiming they have issued subpoenas for records and that people keep ignoring the subpoenas. The problem is no subpoenas were ever issued. What was issued was a letter of request for those documents, which has no legal repercussions if ignored (it is an unofficial request and is usually the first step committees take so as to remain friendly to the people they want items / testimony from).

When those requests are ignored is when subpoenas are usually issued and even then "contempt of Congress" is not exactly the same as contempt of court for those who refuse to comply.

IF the signature is fraudulent then there is a problem with Democrats investigation however because impeachment falls under the political question doctrine courts have no jurisdiction. It would only serve as more evidence that Democrats are willing to throw everything out the window in order to go after Trump and anyone linked to him.

Either way I agree with you guys that it is a distraction.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, if I was inclined to find a conspiracy in every story (which I might be 😎), this story would make a good one.

Imagine if Schiff asked Elijah to sign the subpoena but for some reason he didn't like the way things were going and told Schiff to hold off. Schiff couldn't wait so he finds a way for Elijah to "conveniently" fall ill and pass away. Then, of course, he has to forge his signature.

Maybe I should have written this in the Short Story forum!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Does anybody have any ideas why this would be done?

If I am not mistaken House committee rules requires the chairmen to authorize / sign off on all subpoenas. No other chairmen can issue a subpoena for a committee he / she does not control. Also in the House the minority members of the committee cant issue subpoenas on their own.

If I had to guess Dems are pushing for a quick impeachment (before the end of December) and so far no replacement has been announced, essentially halting his committee's actions in this area. While Pelosi assigned Schiff as the lead impeachment member (along with his committee) the other committee chairs were told they have to turn their investigation material over to Schiff to "coordinate" it all.

Also Gulliani is under some type of investigation by the SDNY so of course Dems are going to pile on.

Little do Dems know though that they are done. This illegal impeachment farce is not going to stop whats coming down the mountain at them.

It depends on the committee, they vote on rules.

Yup, the Chair is only one allowed to issue subpeona in Oversight Committ.

116th Rules
edit on 19-10-2019 by charolais because: (no reason given)

top topics

join